Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Latency issues with VDJ/Denon 4500

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Am using VDJ with the Denon 4500.
There seems to be a problem with the latency; when I hit a cue point there is a delay between touching the button and the track starting which ruins the mix.
Does anyone else that uses the 4500 have problems with this?
I'm also using the boggis mapper.
Thanks.

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 4:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What sound card are you using?

What driver mode are you using - Simple, Simple Low Latency, ASIO etc...

What buffer size are you using in VDJ?

If using ASIO, what buffer size do you have set in the ASIO control panel for your sound card?

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 9:01 am
I have this same issue and I am running Windows Vista on a Sony VIAO with over 2 gigs of Ram. I am using Torq Connectiv to my Prodigy FX and Time Code CDS. What happens is when you play the song and then pause it...and the cue to play again it plays a small section of where you paused it before it begins. So it's like your trying to cue up the song in the correct location but it skips then starts to play. The only way around it I have found is to move my Jog wheel first which defeats the purpose of a smooth cue mix.

Inviato Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 10:36 pm
winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
What sound card are you using?

What driver mode are you using - Simple, Simple Low Latency, ASIO etc...

What buffer size are you using in VDJ?

If using ASIO, what buffer size do you have set in the ASIO control panel for your sound card?

Sorry for the late reply, i didn't realise the post had been answered!
am using ASIO, normal
no idea of buffer size and not sure where to find that info?

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 8:49 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
On the performances tab in VDJ is the latency setting. On the sound card setup tab is an advanced or config button for the ASIO - that should give you the Denon buffer size.

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 11:20 am
In VirtualDJ, go to CONFIG -> Sound Setup and click on the ASIO Config button.

Set it as low as you can without getting sound break-up/stuttering. I can get 2ms without any problems on a single core 2Ghz CPU, which gives an instant response.

You may need to restart VirtualDJ for the new latency setting to take effect.

Also, go to CONFIG -> Performances and make sure you have the following options set as follows:

Latency: Auto
Safe Mode: NOT ticked.
Overclock: NOT ticked.

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:31 pm
So I have been messing with the sound setup like you say on my Sony VAIO and Prodigy FX. Some good news here. I've got my latency really low on my ASIO which is the TORQ M-Audio Connective and I have the settings like you say. What I am finding out is that this problem may be associated with whether you have the SCRATCH function turned on with your CD players. When I have SCRATCH effect turned on in my CD Players I have no Problem at all. The moment I turn off SCRATCH effect on my CD Players I start having the lost CUE points and It starts to sway off track.

So this leads me to believe that it has something to do with the TIMECODE setup rather than the LATENCY. Because within TIMECODE setup you can choose ViNYL or CD. Right now mine is on VINYL which I think is why it works with SCRATCH EFFECT on.

When I switch TIMECODE to CD Under CONFIG TIMECODE and turn off SCRATCH EFFECT on my CD Players it works FINE. I Think this is the problem. Can a Master User verify this please?

So this can lead to some descisions. If you leave TIMECODE on VINYL then you have to set your cue points with SCRATCH EFFECT on your CD PLAYERS. If you leave TIMECODE on CD then you have to set your CUE points with NO SCRATCH EFFECT. What else I found is that if you set your cue points with TIMECODE CD and then TURN on your CD SCRATCH EFFECT your scratching will start to drift just like your CUE point used to. HAAA...what a funny thing!

Me I thing that I will be using VINYL...Good Luck!

~Thanks

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:54 pm
This thread is about the Denon HC4500 MIDI controller not timecode CD's!

Latency affects the performance of MIDI controllers just as it also affects timecode CD's or vinyl. The lower the setting, the more responsive it will be.

Using absolute mode with timecode may help with drifting issues. However, you won't be able to use some functions in VDJ such as loops in this mode. You will need to use the loop buttons on your CD player instead.

Inviato Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 12:34 pm
Jp,

I set all of the settings as per your suggestions. After the program runs a while I am getting a lagging start. I never had this issue prior to using the Denon controller. Anything else I should be doing or any further information you need from me?

Thanks!

Jorge

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 2:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)