Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Remixing songs.......?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

just got Virtual DJ for my Macbook in hopes of being able to remix songs. I'm talking about getting an instrumental version of a song, and adding someone's acapella to it. So for instance, if I wanted to take T.I.'s "What You Know" beat and add a verse from an Eminem song to it. I don't know if what I just explained is called "remixing", but if it isn't please let me know what it's called. My next question is if anybody knows if Virtual DJ is capable of doing this? If I wanted to throw an Eminem verse on an instrumental of another song, do I HAVE to have the acapella of Eminem or can I rip his voice off of a song using Virtual DJ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Inviato Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 3:08 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
May i ask what version of VDJ are u using for ur macbook?

U can't remove 100 percent the vocal using VDJ or any other software.

Regards.

Inviato Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 3:21 pm
Thanks for the reply. I have version 5.2 for Mac. I guess you answered my question about vocals, so I'm guessing I have to download the vocals or acapellas separately and then mix that in with an instrumental of a song? Sorry for sounding so dumb, but this is all very new to me, so I'm trying to figure everything out.

Inviato Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 4:51 pm
danmei1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can make mash up mixes with VDJ...it very easy and fun...I just did a little mash up called Snap! Vs Katy Perry, and I did it with just VDJ Pro and a Numark Total Control. I used the Club mix version of "Rhythm Is A Dancer" by Snap! and an acapella version of "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry along with a couple of drum loops to spice things up...

If you like take a listen at:
http://www.xstreamist.com/members/4177/audio.php

Inviato Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 6:40 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes jayhawk, using the accappella is better or if u have the adat of the artist etc, u may separate it at the recording studio;)

Also pls remember to register ur serial at ur modify ur profile n grab the recent v5.2.1 mac version. Thanks;)

@danmei, that is nice...Keep on spinning;)

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 12:12 am
danmei1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks man :-)

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 6:36 am
in my opinion i think use acapella is more better for new remix

Inviato Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 6:46 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jayhawk328 wrote :
just got Virtual DJ for my Macbook in hopes of being able to remix songs. I'm talking about getting an instrumental version of a song, and adding someone's acapella to it. So for instance, if I wanted to take T.I.'s "What You Know" beat and add a verse from an Eminem song to it. I don't know if what I just explained is called "remixing", but if it isn't please let me know what it's called. My next question is if anybody knows if Virtual DJ is capable of doing this? If I wanted to throw an Eminem verse on an instrumental of another song, do I HAVE to have the acapella of Eminem or can I rip his voice off of a song using Virtual DJ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

That process is called a mashup...vocals from one song on top of instrumental from another.

It's not all that different from a simple mix so of course VDJ can handle that and use you should use the acapella version.

A little tip for you is to also get the full song of the acapella you want to use so you can determine what BPM the vocals should be played at. Software can't determine the BPM of an acapella accurately since there are no beats.

Inviato Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 9:16 am
DAMONACHome userMember since 2007
Can somebody help us understand the system requirements and the devices needed to play sync music from 2 computers using VDJ.

Inviato Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 1:34 pm
hey guys how can i remix on traffic viny for d.j.tiesto and how i can make level and the effects to so gd plz i need your help plz guys

Inviato Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 3:02 am
so where would there be a good place to find acapellas...

Inviato Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 10:06 am
dglitoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
U Can Search It On Youtube, Right The Tittle Of The Songs And Tape Acapella After, Then, load a programm that can extract audio from youtube and convert to mp3 :)

Inviato Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 8:28 pm
how can i extract beat from song with virtual dj

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 11:29 am
how can i extract beat from song with virtual dj????

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 12:34 pm

Inviato Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 9:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)