Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Total control lost its function during gig, cue would not respond ,had to reboot.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everybody. I have been using numark cue for about 11 months now flawlessly along with the numark total control and a djio for sound card. this past saturday i was in a mix set and the total control quit responding, the leds on the unit were lit on like they were working but no response. Cue was still playing like normal but i was not able to work any of the functions on the screen even with a mouse. i got no crash report or any warning other then i could not cue up the next song or play the next song. i then got busy on my mic skills and stalled the crowd while i did a couple of shout outs and b-day shouts while i rebooted the laptop. got everything running again in 1:30 minutes and the music went on for 2 more hours and the it happened again. this time i happened to notice in the lower right corner a usb symbol saying "usb device not reconized" i quickly rebooted again and finished out the night. Im not sure but i think it might have been from the total control. the other usb devices were working fine, only NTC was not working or responding wich caused the software to just finish the song then stop. it did not crash or anything, but it would not respond even with the mouse. I use my laptop solely for djing and nothing else. i have 3 other pcs at home wich i use for everyday things. but my dj pc is only for djing. need advice on what could have caused this or any info on how to recover without shutting off laptop. this weekend i will be prepared with my ipod and premixes in it just in case. my rig for djing is a Alienware m5790 with xp pro sp3 4 gigs of ram, duo core intel 2.0 processors and a ati x1900 video card. have numark cue 5.0 rev5 i believe. any help is greatly apricieated. btw i did change the usb cables when it happened the first time. had new ones with me.

Inviato Tue 28 Oct 08 @ 9:18 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 2:25 am
K i dl the newest release and had it playing for about 8 hours on automix ok. but i was not working any of the faders or buttons because i was doing this during my day job. not sure how it will work this weekened but its better to try than to not do anything at all. I still think something happened with the total control. i read about a new firmware that makes the usb more stabillity. ive never had problems with it before but i guess there always a first.I tried to dl the new firmware 2 days ago from Numark but they stilll have not emailed me back. Im considering upgrading to pro to try out the video mixing. I tried the demo and liked the fact that i could record mixes and video mixes. worked fine with everything for the short time i used it. ill repost how this weekened goes with the 5.2 version. Hope it dont freeze up again!! that was my biggest fear when i switched to pc Djing.

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 9:47 pm
Ok, after 2 weekends of playing @ the clubs, the worst catastrofic failure happened to me. My laptop totally lost power and ran only on battery power for the remaining time of my gig. finished the gig with only 18% (20mins) left on battery!!! I think this is what was causing my usb problems and making the programs lock up. I found the a/c jack was bad and resoldered it. Im almost 99.9% sure that this was the root cause of my problems becuase most of my usb devices would come and go due to the surging in power. "Thank god it didnt crash this last time" it kept playing on battery power. Hope to never have this happen again. I think im ready for Virtual Dj Pro now. Can i just upgrade for $150 ? since ive been using cue le?

Inviato Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 10:31 pm
cioce wrote :
Please test with the latest Numark CUE LE 5.2.1

Download is here -> http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

i really dont thinks it the CUE program that makes thr TOTAL CONTROL not work..becuase im running the total control on Virtual dj and it has happened to me..i mess with effects and the kill switches and it stops responding like the other guys..

Inviato Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 10:31 am
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same problem here, and i got a hint if you want to unfreeze vdj when it happens.

Just unplug total control from the usb cable, vdj will unfreeze and work normally with the mouse.

Then deactivate TC in vdj, replug TC, reactivate and your good for another while.

Very annoying problem, but at least i found a workaround for now.

I'll try a couple things and report back.

Inviato Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 5:36 pm
hey i get the same problem, i have now ditched the total control as it is completely unacceptable that this happens, it is so embarrassing during a live gig when this happens grrrr.

I have just brought myself the EKS Otus ....waiting by the door for the delivery, any day now.

I was able to fix this problem by going into the virtual dj preferences and deactivating the total control, then reactivating it. (but when this happens right at the end of a song....you get screwed like me...infront of 400 people, wont ever touch a numark controller again.)

Inviato Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 6:22 am
have you guys ever thought of checking your firmware on your total control devices. now i'm just guessing but i say you haven't. i had some problems with my total control the first few days and did some research and found that its a known issue that they don'/t come with firmware installed. go to youtube and search for Numark Total Control Firmware watch the video follow his idrections and you should be good 2 go. i play in 3 clubs weekly, radio, private parties etc and it hasn't given me any major issues since the upgrade.

Inviato Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 7:37 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The issues you describe are related to the latency on your computer not the control surface.

I recommend pro users who experience any freezes or sound drops check their performance settings.

Config > Performances

Set to fastest and audio latency.

I also recommend using an asio audio interface such as the DJio or Maya 44 usb.

Inviato Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 3:11 pm
i had yet another total control freeze. my settings are set to what you suggest. so now what?

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 2:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)