Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: need a sound card for Windows Vista 64 BIT laptop

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So I ended up buying a new laptop and i'm having a hard time trying to find a sound card. The Specs to the laptop
• AMD Turion X2 RM-72 (2.1 GHZ)
* Windows VISTA 64 BIT
• Built-in wireless 802.11n
• Burns DVDs and CDs• 250GB hard drive
• 4GB of DDR2 memory
• Built-in webcam

I mix with 2 ICDX connected via HID to this laptop

I bought an M-AUDIO Fast track pro and that did not end up working. I would get this reall bad crackling noise and the music would be really slow and platter for icdx was reall weak in response. Any body have any suggestions?

I also used this "Roland - USB Audio Interface" but the thing with this one is that it only has two inputs and two outputs... And this was also giving me the crackling noise.

I want to buy either the ESI - u46xl (http://www.djdeals.com/egosystemsU46XL.htm)

or mix vibes u46mk2 (http://www.djdeals.com/mixvibesU46MK2.htm) any body have any suggestions?????

Inviato Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 2:11 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The only soundcard I know of that is 64 bit compatible at this time is the RMX. I imagine as 64 bit systems become more and more prevalent more drivers will pop up from time to time.

Inviato Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 3:41 pm
ok, so if i "downgrade" to XP will it work?

what about if I do a dual boot?

Inviato Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 4:07 pm
The ESI Maya 44 USB has 64-bit drivers I believe. I'm dual booting with XP because my card (U46 SE) doesn't have 64 bit drivers yet, to be honest, it's probably a good idea to dual boot XP anyway. I find XPs performance for time critical applications to be more reliable than Vista and having a dedicated Virtual DJ partition is definitely a good idea.

Dual booting Vista and XP is an easy process, just write a message if you need any steps towards it. It's best to acquire an MSDN released XP SP3 installation CD if you have a license and no cd, can't say anymore than that unfortunately.

If you don't have a license, then you can buy an XP OEM license and CD for around $90 (Home Edition) or $140 (Pro)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511

Inviato Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 5:15 pm
Well i had purchased a desktop with XP a few years ago. Does that count as having a license?

So if youre driver doesnt have 64bit, how does that affect the sound card? My freind let me borrow the u46mk2, and trying to figure out a setup to have it in.

ASIO and the mk2 have separate drivers?

Inviato Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 2:06 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The MKII drivers are the same as the RMX drivers..so they would be 64 bit....

Inviato Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 2:17 pm
Thats good news. I've doing some research on this ASIO 4 all thing, and it looks like I can download that from that website.

Thanks for the help!

Inviato Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 2:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)