Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Downgrade to XP or Dual boot? - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Good luck with you're build. Those results are from my desktop build which is running an e5200 (oc to 3.52Ghz), P5QL-E, 4GB, 8800 GT 512MB. To have managed a 1Ghz overclock I have a pretty large heatsink which obviously isn't possible with a 1U case but it's a good CPU on a budget. It runs 2.5Ghz stock and is based on a 45nm process so it runs cool. Even better, and more appropriately for a 1U system, is the Xeon E3110, it's essentially an e8400 (3ghz stock, 45nm, 65w and 6MB cache). DFI have some nice mATX P43/45 motherboards which may be worth checking out.

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 4:09 pm
I was planning to go down the Xeon route... multiprocesser option seems the best.

I have an HP Workstation with a Xeon running as a Windows 2003 Small Business Server and even with MySQL, Webserver and Microsoft Exchange the DPC results are almost non-exististent...

I've been told the motherboard should support the processor, but will wait until it arrives and I can double check, then it's off to find the right bits and bobs I need.

I'll be looking for a decent video card with dual output that I can out on a riser. No need to video (yet) but want to plan ahead - even if it's just for karaoke...

I'm also on the look out (scrounge) for a 1U UPS - this would simulate the laptop battery backup scenario and cater for any unplanned power outtages and protect the PC both from surge and unplanned shutdowns.

I'll aslo have my SDJ-1 for extreme situations...

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 5:14 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice DPC... I wish my system looked like that too.

Inviato Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 11:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)