Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Animated buttons [Done in V6]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Patje_1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would like to see as a new option animated buttons. So that you can create such things as this for example. This should be an option for all the buttons in the skin.

Inviato Sat 23 May 09 @ 6:26 am
Patje_1 wrote :
I would like to see as a new option animated buttons. So that you can create such things as this for example. This should be an option for all the buttons in the skin.

Dude... buy a Xmas Tree...

Inviato Sat 23 May 09 @ 4:49 pm
you got to remember that will consume more system resources.... that would mean less system resources avail for the performance

Inviato Sun 24 May 09 @ 8:49 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WALTER858 wrote :
you got to remember that will consume more system resources.... that would mean less system resources avail for the performance

Spinning turntables use more resources than two images being switched
in time. If you check out the skin engine you will see that most visuals
use the same principal, so it wouldn't be a resource issue at all.

The feature request is valid, as this would give an ability to create flashing
indicators if needed, for example 'recording', 'effect enabled', maybe that
it's only 30 seconds of song remaining etc.

;)

Inviato Sun 24 May 09 @ 4:32 pm
I have to agree, I don't think some flashing buttons on the skin would use up much system resources. I currently use "CUE RMX" by Cioce which is an awesome skin. The only problem I have with it (and every other skin for that matter) is that it's NOT blatantly obvious which is the currently selected deck. The only indicator is the little "1" or "2" button lighting up. I would prefer maybe the whole box around the deck light up so I don't even have to think which deck is the active one (I think SSL does this). There has been the odd time where the music has stopped playing because I accidentally loaded a track onto the deck which was currently playing because it wasn't obvious that it was the active deck.

And it wouldn't hurt to have the deck have a warning flash near the end of a track. But then again, maybe that would be annoying.

Inviato Sun 24 May 09 @ 9:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
why disable the setting that stops you from loading onto a playing track...

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 5:45 am
I used to have the warning message activated but I hate clicking "OK" 100 times a night.

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 7:58 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
LOL, try keeping off the amber necter...

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 9:43 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
The only problem I have with it (and every other skin for that matter) is that it's NOT blatantly obvious which is the currently selected deck. The only indicator is the little "1" or "2" button lighting up. I would prefer maybe the whole box around the deck light up so I don't even have to think which deck is the active one (I think SSL does this). .

you should post this on the "skins" forum..
I would be a little shocked if a solution for this can't be found.. I'm Not an expert, but it seems a skin could be made to do kinda what your asking for (maybe not exactly, but the end result would still be the same)

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 10:02 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I have to agree, I don't think some flashing buttons on the skin would use up much system resources.

The Mix lab 3.2 flashes certain graphics with the beat. I know that is not exactly what you wanted, but it does disprove the "drain on resources" theory.

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 11:57 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think visual cues is a great idea and a big help

Why do you think it's standard operating procedure in controllers and recording platforms?
The obvious is clear and so it would be A Big Plus if this feature was added.

I also would like to change the color of a song title to Red for "Hot Tracks" or Green for "Momentum Building Tracks",
it's mush Faster to Process visual cues then counting Stars, BPM or whet ever schemes you might employ.

We also need more colors to delineate different types of Video, Karaoke, Music, Linked Video (To Close in Color to easily tell the difference)

I hope this can be address soon.

Joey......

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 1:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Joey, most of what your describing would require VDJ to be able to read the room for you. You are responsible for knowing what is an up and coming track, and what is a good build track. Sorry my friend but I think your asking for too much there. Colors in most skins can be user adjusted, if you know the XML codes for skinning....

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 2:26 pm
No..No...NO

Your reading to mush into this simple Idea/Request.

I mean to have that fuction available to setup your music beforehand and label the songs, for example your hot tracks in your folders you would add a comment or Stars or some kind of scheme to help you pick those songs out easilly for your que.

In a large folder you would be able to spot Colors faster then having to read your comments or count the stars in a rating system in your Music folder

Is this clear Now?

Joey......

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 3:58 pm
Either tone down the large text posts or I will lock this topic ... and the topic is about flashing buttons - not color coding tracks ..

It's a wishes forum not a demand forum ... now is that clear ???

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 7:43 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
No..No...NO

Your reading to mush into this simple Idea/Request.

I mean to have that fuction available to setup your music beforehand and label the songs, for example your hot tracks in your folders you would add a comment or Stars or some kind of scheme to help you pick those songs out easilly for your que.

In a large folder you would be able to spot Colors faster then having to read your comments or count the stars in a rating system in your Music folder

Is this clear Now?

Joey......

Wow What I do....

My post was never ment to be a demand of any kind, Just a simple Idea/Request as was written in my original post.

I just clicked on the F+ once to highlight the point didn't know it would be so large, didn't see a previiew option to check it before sending either.

So Sorry cstoll

It there a way to get a preview of a post before it's sent?

Joey......

[JeremK]: You cannot preview a post, but once it is posted, you can edit it for 30 minutes with the green tool icon on the top left of your post ;-)

Inviato Mon 25 May 09 @ 8:30 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 7:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)