Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Vestax VCI-300 (genelar topic) - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I downloaded VDJ6 and I see that the VCI-300 is listed as a native supported controller, however I can not get the sound card setup right. I can get sound out of outputs, however either Left Channel or Right only, and no proper headphone output. As well the actual Pitch Sliders are not working, they only go from maximum pitch to minimum. Additional it seems the scratch capability is not enabled? Touching the platter only stops the music but moving back and forth does not "move" the music?

Is it that we have to "customize" the functions we want in the mapper? Or is my assumption of out the box native support incorrect?

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 2:10 pm
with me the platters dont even play the song....pressing play does nothing

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 4:23 pm
ok got mine 'working' in the same state as beware so any further developments welcom

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 8:41 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
So, a VCI icon shows up when you plug it in?

Inviato Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:42 pm
yk23 wrote :
So, a VCI icon shows up when you plug it in?

The VCI-300 is recognized when you go into the Midi Mapper section.....but it doesn't work very well, all I need to know is if I need to remap it or is it suppose to be true native support.........

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:23 am
sirkitbreaker wrote :
ok got mine 'working' in the same state as beware so any further developments welcome

hey sirkitbreaker.... remember me... have been looking at the possibility of the VCI-300 with vdj from it was released.. Any feedback on its functionality with v6 as you go along is welcomed. Still think the VCI-300 answers my mobile solution.... keep me posted

Honestly believe all should be well in V6..... just to get things sorted out.. good to hear that it is listed as natively supported

How is the response etc.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:12 am
Digital Wiz- I will let you know actually right now i am only looking at it for possibly video. I am not happy with the way it is currently working but I am on a mac so who knows what the real issues are but it is not work good enough to even make a mixtape at home. I am not giving up on the software tho. Right now I am using my VCI-300 with itch and loving it. If they ever add video it's on. so I guess I am back to waiting who pulls thru for me first

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 8:50 am
TheSivHome userMember since 2009
I am a complete N00b when it comes to this so please excuse the stupid questions!

I currently DJ in clubs and parties etc... Using the traditional CD Decks and Vinyls... But I have recently come back from partying with mates in Las Vegas and noticed that in every club the Dj's were using Laptops and either Virtual DJ or another software! The visuals you can produce with the Video option with VDJ sold it for me!

So... I have downloaded and played about with VDJ it but I am lacking a suitable digital mixer so I cn use it in conjunction with my laptop.

I have looked at all the main stream mixers out there and the price ranges between £250 0 £1350! I have up to £600 to spend an a decent 2+ Channel mixer that I am able to scratch with... I have looked at the Vestax VCI-300.

My question is: Is the Vestax VCI-300 compatible with the VDJ software and are all the buttons mapped with the mixer? Do I need another sound card or does the mixer plug straight to my amp and out to the speakers and subs etc??? Is there a better option out there for me???

Your thoughts and opinions are most welcomed.

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:59 am
TheSiv wrote :

My question is: Is the Vestax VCI-300 compatible with the VDJ software and are all the buttons mapped with the mixer? Do I need another sound card or does the mixer plug straight to my amp and out to the speakers and subs etc??? Is there a better option out there for me???

the vci-300 is native to virtualdj 6 - which means that it has a built in mapper... the new version has just been released one day and the mapper for the vci-300 from what i understand is has issues... however it means that there are persons out there now working on a mapper solution for the vci-300.. personally i continue to wait for them to come up with plausible one... since I think the vci-300 offers much to what i do.. in terms of a great controller.. great jogwheels.. and 14bit midi sensitivity.. so just waiting on someone to get the mapper full hundred

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 10:47 am
i agree with the wiz

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:48 pm
Can maybe someone from Atomix confirm if we need to map the VCI-300, or is the behavior we are experiencing from the "out of the box" mapping not working correctly?

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 7:11 pm
CidKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djbeware wrote :
Can maybe someone from Atomix confirm if we need to map the VCI-300, or is the behavior we are experiencing from the "out of the box" mapping not working correctly?

They are already working on the issue. Am waiting for that mapper too, please be patient :-D They will get it working trust me!

Inviato Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 8:39 pm
They who? Atomix, or members of the forum?

Inviato Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 2:54 am
CidKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I beleive members of VDJ Team.

Inviato Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 5:54 am
Ok mapped much better now(out the box), just a couple things that should change IMHO.......yes I know I can change them myself however I would think out box it would make sense to offer your users the best experience possible, so it might want to be incoroporated in the next VDJ upgrade.

- PFL knob needs to be inverted, looking physically at the VCI-300 when you have the knob at MSTR, in VDJ the you here the song to ne cued, and vice versa.

- still trying to figure out if its a limitation, but the jog response is not tight at all, out the box it should be better i think, then if a user wants to change it to suite then you can make it more similar to a CD jog, because now with the way it is scratching sounds like crap

- again not sure if this a software limitation, but the CUE buttons don't light up when a CUE is set, other buttons do light up though

- when browsing folders, there doesn't seem to be a way to expand them without using the mouse, I would have thought pressing FWD or in the right direction should do this and pressing the TAB button puts you between the folders and files instead of pressing BACK and FWD to go between the files and folders, since we can load files by pressing PFL A/B and SCROLL

thats all i noticed of the first quick impression, but this new version of VDJ is pretty nice, I really like the fact that it recognizes Serato Crates on external drives now, as it was an issue before....

Going to keep testing and see what else I find.

BTW I am using the MAC version.......VDJ 6.0.1

Great work!

Inviato Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:33 pm
So that I understand how this VDJscrpit language, for example to solve a similar problem as above, currently when you press the KEYLOCK button the LED does not light up so if I want it to do so when I do, I need to modify the current script from:

<map value="KEYLOCK" action="key_lock" />

to

<map value="KEYLOCK" action="key_lock & LED_KEYLOCK on" />

Is that correct?

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 12:46 am

Why as well are some buttons only defined once, for example the CENSOR button is only defined once so I can't create an action relative to the deck I want, where as there is SHIFT_A and SHIFT_B so I can define distinct actions for each deck?

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 2:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have not seen the definition for the VCI-300 (and won't go into where it is, not important to answer your questions) ...

However, in the definition for a controller - the LEDs can be assigned to default actions that they will respond to ... So for example, if a controller has a KEYLOCK button, the LED for that button can be assigned KEYLOCK in the definition so it will automatically change when the button is pushed and the LED does not need mapped in the mapping interface.

Now if you change the functionality of the KEYLOCK button to lets say sampler play_stop - then you would need to map the LED for the KEYLOCK button to the same action so it will respond to the new functionality. So, you would select the LED_KEYLOCK from the Key drop-down and enter the action same action as the KEYLOCK button.

If the LED was not assigned the default action in the definition, then you need to assign the LED_KEYLOCK key to the same action using the method described.

Click to add a {new} entry .. select LED_KEYLOCK from the key list ... enter key_lock in the action textbox. Now, your button LED should react to the ON/OFF Key Lock states.

As for your other question ...

When defining a controller, where items are MIRRORED on the controller the items are defined only one time. This is because by default if you have that item doing something for the left deck, you most likely are going to want it to do the same for the right - the majority of the time. Also, if we individually separated EVERY item on a controller image how many items we would have to 'duplicate' effort on to get equal functionality between both decks?

But all is not lost ... if you want to assign different functionality to a MIRRORED control on the controller use the following for the buttons action ...

action_deck 1 ? <left deck action> : <right deck action>

So what happens here is - if the item for left deck [action_deck 1] is moved then the first action is performed. And since the right deck is deck 2, the the action_deck 1 condition is false - so the second action is performed. Now you have 'split' the actions possible for the MIRRORED controller item.

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 9:05 am
Ok I am understanding the logic behind buttons and LED's better now, I tested the keylock LED and that seems to work, as while as setup the CENSOR button properly (this includes using it with the SHIFT button)....my other question at this point is the parameters for the jogs, currently the JOGS are pretty much not very responsive. So what would I be defining for its parameters to make to the JOGS 1:1 meaning on the screen they are moving at 33RPM so I want the movement I make with my hands to be exactly as if it was a record or like a Pioneer CDJ jogs, basically so one can scratch with the controller, or like scratching a record, or how they behave if you were using ITCH

Inviato Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 4:56 pm
I figured out how to get a better response from the JOGS, however I always have some "play" when in vinyl mode and being used as a scratch_wheel_touch I experienced the same issue in the previous version of VDJ 5.2.1 Is this some type of limitation between the software and hardware? Or maybe VDJ is not talking to the controller in high speed midi mode?

Inviato Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 5:17 am
17%