Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Vestax VCI-300 (genelar topic) - Page: 6

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've spent a few days with VCI-300 with VDJ 6.02, the jogs work but are sloppy while scratching. I tried changing the jog sensitivity settings in VDJ. I'm running 5ms with asio-4-all, sound quality is ok. Its not the sound that not keeping up, you can see the sloppiness in the wave form and the records in VDJ. With Itch it is dead on, sound with keylock on is super clean, any ideas? I am really thinking about buying it. Right now I am renting the VCI right now. It’s just not up to par with VDJ.

I am thinking about trying out the NS7 next at my local Guitar Center, but just wondering if its going to be the same way too. The video of Larry D looks to be dead on. I could never do that on the VCI with VDJ.

thanks,
David (DJ Kavika)

Inviato Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:18 am
Hey everybody,

I keep thinking whether VCI-300 is going to work as smothly with VDJ as it does with ITCH, or at least all the main functions to work flawlessly.
Could you guys share in on that, that goes to VDJ representatives and people in the know.

Also, is there a way already to assign certain buttons on VCI-300 to control various effects found on VDJ?

And one more time. Since VCI-300 is not yet working fully with VDJ, could somebody recommend at least a similar all-in-one controller that does work nicely with VDJ 6.

I am shopping for good, robust, all-in-one controller that would allow you to control all the main functions of VDJ smoothly (no need for video), would have audio card built in and headphone jack (volume control) on the unit. Something in the idea of VCI-300 but actually working with VDJ 6?

Should I look into Traktor more carefully? Maybe that one does have a controller working nicely with it?

Thanks and regards,
dj Pasha

Inviato Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:14 am
VCI 100.

Inviato Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djpasha.lt wrote :

And one more time. Since VCI-300 is not yet working fully with VDJ, could somebody recommend at least a similar all-in-one controller that does work nicely with VDJ 6.

The VCI-300 is fully working in the latest release - 6.0.2.

Inviato Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 4:37 pm
the Cue nob is not working ( headphones) I hear the master output ether way. How do i hear the song that i cueing?

Inviato Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:02 pm
Mr Cstoll and Mr DJ-In Norway, and everybody who is interested about vci-300

Vestax-vci-300 is less useable with vdj.

The microphone input and the auxiliary input are not controllable through vdj.

You cannot announce the couple in a weddig while playing music.

So I am angry that I have to carry another mixer only for that reason.

Can you make a plugin for controlling the output volume of the microphone and aux through vdj?

Inviato Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 7:18 pm
hey tonis...is the headphones cue working for you?

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 3:49 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 4:17 am
Yes the headphone cue is working , with asio4all version 2.9.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 7:32 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I wish they (Vestax) would make an asio driver for the VCI-300.

thanks,
David

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 8:02 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello!
I just got my own vci-300 yesterday. Tonight I have gig and I would love to use it.
However I have problems with sound card settings and asio4all 2.9.

Can someone explain what exactly should be set on sound card setup (input/output?) and how to configure
asio4all settings? For some extensive hours I have been trying this but have problems:

I can hear left deck sound coming through only from left speaker and right deck on right speaker on my sound system.
Also headphone does not work, it plays both the decks independent of pfl-buttons.

Also scratching sounds like crap, much worse than my old setup with 2xXP10.

Does anyone know if vestax is working on it's own vci-300 asio driver?

I could also use my old ESIu46 soundcard along vci-300, would it be easier?

Inviato Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 4:30 am
I managed prelisten to work now, just asio drivers are crappy. Spinning back causes cracks and pops. Also I got skips here and there, Dpl Latency Checker does not recognize anything special (spikes are all under 500 us). It must be the weakness of asio4all driver? Never have skipping problem wiht my laptop, i have 2 * xp10 controllers and denon hc-4500, they use their own asio drivers.

What asio4all settings you have?

Inviato Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 11:16 am
hey toniz, what kind of settings do you use with asio 4 all, i can't get it right to use my headphone.

Inviato Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 5:14 am
Vestax doesn't have to make a new asio driver... When you use it with itch... It works. The headphones doesn't work with Virtual dj/ Virtual Vinyl.

Inviato Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 9:44 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 10:13 am
i've downed it, but what are the settings to get it work??

Inviato Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 1:31 pm
I think the default settings of asio4all works the best.

BTW, Does anyone has this issue that when you SPIN FAST FORWARD, it scratches forward for only for a second but then starts to nudge forward while the platter is still spinning? Backspin works as it should.

Inviato Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 8:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)