Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Vestax VCI-300 (genelar topic) - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

cstoll wrote :

Ok, if the jogs are not working for soon, I will have development pull the definition completely and leave it for user only implementation .... maybe that will be better ????

i have no idea if it will be better. Maybe i am wrong but sounds like your answer was a bit defensive. I was just asking a question i know nothing about developing software, writing midi maps or anything. i use virtual dj with my total control and i own a vci-300 would like to combine controllers. Recently it seems you get yelled at on these forums for asking for help

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 7:40 pm
cstoll wrote :

First and foremost, just from what I see above there is way to much thought process going into mapping these items. And very little research or attempt to comprehend the mapper engine. Will explain more below ...

I am not sure who or what your capacity is in in Virtual DJ, but I can tell you by looking at your answers now and in previous post sometimes your pointing fingers and making unneed presumptious opinions on your users (whether they are right or not), are you not in a customer service capacity? I would have expected an answer like this from someone on this forum that doesn't have Atomix under them name.

Your users are not posting questions related to the software because we want to sit in front of our computer making ill informed post and piss the staff of Virtual DJ off, the point is we need support....that's the bottom line. I think most would rather spend more time actually playing music then actually asking our vendor how to do stuff, I can speak for my self and I can say I paid for Virtual Dj, had I known I paid to be belittled I probably wouldn't have purchased it. Again I speak for my self all I want are answers to the simple question I ask, I don't need attitude I don't see how it helps anyone in this situation, we are all trying to get to a common goal, get everyone up and DJing as quick as possible, isn't that the point of a support forum?

I have infact read the documentation provided both online and in the user guide, obviously I am no expert but I do comprehend the the mapper engine, and it is pretty straight forward. Just as it has been just released to the public allow the public to fully understand it without flaming us, its not as easy as 1+1 especially for just being exposed to it for a few days, if it was as easy as you say I guess all the things that are not working with controllers that are already "fully support" would be working before VDJ6 was released to the Public wouldn't they?

Has anyone thought that maybe the documentation needs to be a little more intuitive if your find customers are asking the same questions?

cstoll wrote :

As said above, it's because people are over thinking and trying to make it more complicated than it really is. For example, a jog wheel should only be mapped either - jog_wheel or scratch_wheel
You have set -> param_multiply 1 & scratch_wheel +1.0

You are completely correct here and I totally understand, I just uploaded the wrong XML file I was testing I didn't realize that I had left that param_multiply or the +1.0 value in on the file I uploaded...my bad....the file should have read scratch_wheel only.

cstoll wrote :

Your JOG_TOUCH mapping -> action="action_deck 1 ? var $scratch_a ? deck 1 vinyl_mode 1 & scratch_wheel_touch : vinyl_mode 0 & scratch_wheel_touch : var $scratch_b ? deck 2 vinyl_mode 1 & scratch_wheel_touch : vinyl_mode 0 & scratch_wheel_touch

Why?.. the definition already defines 2 jogs with touch ... so why are you checking to see which jog is being used? As for the rest of your statement it is over thought ...

Here is what you should have ...

For your Scratch buttons -> <map value="SCRATCH_A" action="vinyl_mode" />
What happens is that when pushed it toggles the 2 modes of 1 (vinyl - default) or 0 (CD)
For your JOG_TOUCH -> scratch_wheel_touch
For your JOG -> scratch_wheel

Those 2 actions scratch_wheel and scratch_wheel_touch already have code built inside VirtualDJ for when the vinyl_mode is 1 or 0 to do what you are trying to accomplish in your mapping.

Your mapping is fighting against the built in code.

I tried the exact way you suggested before and the controls were not independent to each JOG. As you mentioned in a previous post you do not have a VCI-300 then you probably don't know when you are using ITCH you can independently put the JOGS in SCRATCH mode, I prefer it this way. Again I am not an expert but if you can suggest a better way to do it and keep the controls please......enlighten

As for the Mapper, you need to type everything in the box anyway and formatting XML is pretty easy, so I much rather just type in notepad and cut and paste from the documentation, since as a techie that's what I am use to and then make fine tuned adjustments in the mapper in VDJ6, if I need to change small things. I found it cumbersome because when you start to type an action it shows up in the box below but you can not click on it to have it populate, and if you have multiple actions it doesn't show up anyway.

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 09 @ 3:08 pm
what is going on with this mods?...I you can not handle new controllers...dont get defensive....people here are pretty much doing your job....and is rite wen is said that we dont wanna spend hrs looking for answers...i have a gig this weekend were i could use video..but the jogwheels dont work...they have never work rite..even in previous versions..so dnt get mad at us, how you think we feel sense we paid a lot of money for your product that we cant use?!!

Inviato Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 6:23 am
cstoll wrote :
In the definition replace the <device> line with this ...

<device name="VCI300" author="WhomEver" type="MIDI" sysexid="F07E??06020040023000000003000100F7" decks="2">

This USB Audio Device is to generic the SysExID is more appropriate.

and why didn't you email me ... ? Could have saved you some work ...

Tried that and it seem to keep defaulting to the embedded definition, I will try it again but I am sure that is exactly what I had... :) Unfortunately I didn't see that other message until I had already finish the definition.

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 10:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djbeware wrote :
Tried that and it seem to keep defaulting to the embedded definition, I will try it again but I am sure that is exactly what I had... :) Unfortunately I didn't see that other message until I had already finish the definition.

If you were using the exact value from the miditrace or MIDI OX then yes that is possible ... if you look at what I posted there are two question marks ?? that is the MIDI channel wildcard so it doesn't matter what channel it's on. But if the definition is in the Devices folder it should be used first ...

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 10:47 am
so can i just copy and load the above?

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 10:53 am
Best thing is for djbeware to post a zip of the two files in the Tools&Drivers download area with instructions on where they go .

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 11:02 am
ok i will wait...thanks everyone for there efforts

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 11:04 am
cstoll wrote :
djbeware wrote :

If you were using the exact value from the miditrace or MIDI OX then yes that is possible ... if you look at what I posted there are two question marks ?? that is the MIDI channel wildcard so it doesn't matter what channel it's on. But if the definition is in the Devices folder it should be used first ...

Ok I will try that when I get home......BTW on the MAC side the devices folder is not automatically created by the install.

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 11:17 am
djbeware wrote :
cstoll wrote :
djbeware wrote :

Ok I will try that when I get home......BTW on the MAC side the devices folder is not automatically created by the install.

And the Mac is still beta as well ...

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 12:40 pm
arashHome userMember since 2004
Anyone has VCI-300 Mapper? i need it asap, please.

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 11:09 am
arash wrote :
Anyone has VCI-300 Mapper? i need it asap, please.

Available to registered licensed users only.

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 11:44 am
cstoll wrote :
@djbeware --- So any luck ? Any thing else we need to do? Send me an email ....

Sorry guys I have been crazy busy....good I guess, as that means money is coming in.........anyway I will try and sort out the final details between today and tomorrow.

What I do notice is that there is a fundemental problem that is really effecting the JOGS, maybe you can suggest a VDJSCRIPT solution.

When the JOGS are in scratch mode, one can make contact with the touch sensitive platter and the music stops, now you can move the platter back and forth(scratch) and the music will follow back and forth, now if you do a fast spin either backwards or forwards (like back spinng a record) the moment you take your finger off the platter the music or "spin" goes back to normal speed. Logically this make sense but when one is scratching it makes the scratches sound horrible, as its not uncommon for you fingers to lose contact with the platter but the users expectation is the music should continue with the "force" you moved the platter with until it returns to normal speed.

So essentially we need a VDJSCRIPT command that tells the music to continue playing at the same speed until it returns to its normal playing speed (whether 33 or 45) as long as PLAY is still engaged. I hope you understand my explanation.

The other issue I noticed is there seems to be a slight delay when touching the platter, once contact is made for a seconds it seems that the platter is quite accurate to my hand movements, however that initial touch takes a second to register. Now this may have something to do with the sensitivity settings on the VCI-300, hopefully tonight I have sometime to test this, as I really have not had a chance to.

Inviato Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 11:49 pm
djBEware...good job bro..o love my vci and i wish i could use it like i do itch...thanx so much for your effort.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 5:45 am
CidKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Man i dont know whats going on with Bware.... Cant wait to get his final definition files and mappers.

Please Beware help us out so that we can continue to narrow down the issues.

Cheers

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 11:31 am
Hmm I am using the mapper definition that comes with VDJ 6 by default and it seems to work fine. All i had to do was turn the jogwheel sensitivity setting in VDJ almost all the way up (have to really find the sweet spot to get it working right). Only things that weren't working are the cue LEDS and the volume meter which was monitoring the overall volume of the master output on both LEDs. I fixed this by changing the mapping definition:

<map value="VU_METER_LEFT" action="deck 1 get level" />
<map value="VU_METER_RIGHT" action="deck 2 get level" />

You can do this in the mapper or xml file.

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 5:54 pm
Spoke to soon. The sensitivity is a lil off especially when using the jogs to "browse" through the track, it will sort of stop and go instead of being continuous spinning motion. Also a few more LEDs and buttons need to be mapped like the beatlock LED, censor + reverse function as in djbeware's mapper.

I made some customizations; I am using the loop out buttons to trigger effects (delay, beatgrid, flanger, wahwah). Cool thing is you can also assign the LEDS to light up when the effects are on, unfortunately only 1 LED will light up if you use multiple effects. You use the shift modifier to map up to 6 (or 12 effects if you also wanna get rid of the cue in) effects !! Also using the pitch shift buttons as seek +/- 4 beats instead altho i coulda mapped that to shift + half/dbl loop.

Anyways will try to play around with the jogwheel sensivity and try to get it working as good as Itch. Itch as a software is just waaaay too basic (no sampler, no effects, takes forever to scan all your mp3s to build overviews, can't remap any of the buttons). The only two features I miss from Itch are the colored waveforms, the color coded cues and the tightness and responsiveness of the jogs. Next version of VDJ needs colored waveforms ! :D

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 3:25 pm
so any news on the mapper..?

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 5:55 am
Just noticed the mic doesn't work at all. This is a big dealbreaker. Anyone figure out a way to get it enabled.

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 8:28 pm
Seems after upgrading to newest release candidate of Itch which has a new firmware for the VCI-300, it doesn't really work too well with Virtual DJ, the sound through the headphones kept cutting out for me all night making it unuseable.

Inviato Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 11:52 am
51%