Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: music group help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

deliusPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i'm signed up to a few music groups, mainly UK chart, rnb & house stuff

Nearly every song i play it suggests lady gaga - pokerface. When i play pokerface it suggests lady gaga - lets dance!

Am i doing something wrong?

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 4:47 pm
I've noticed that too..
For now I have just been thinking its because the music groups dont have a lot of choices yet..

but now I'm wondering how the "suggestions" are being pulled up and from where..

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 12:34 pm
delius wrote :

Nearly every song i play it suggests lady gaga - pokerface. When i play pokerface it suggests lady gaga - lets dance!
Am i doing something wrong?

Quote :
While you are DJing with VirtualDJ, MusicGroups will constantly analyze what you are playing, and will make suggestions of what other DJs would have played next. The suggestion is based on what other DJs around the world play, with a stronger weight to the ones from the MusicGroups you subscribed to.

sooo.. :-)

if music groups is working correctly (as per the description), then the results might be getting "skewed".

I.E: somewhere in the groups you've joined, some DJ's have played "Lets dance" directly after "Pokerface" and have done it so many times as to skew the results.. (I can see this happening, as a lot of "feeders" dont always 'upload' a real session.)

If music Groups is NOT working correctly, I'm thinking the only way to test it, is to join only one 'group' that only has a feeder/with a few lists and try and repeat one of the lists shown in that group.. (and see if the "suggestions", follow the list)

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 12:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)