Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hardware Controller Compatibility - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

mikeynlPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have been using BPM Pro (Alcatech) with a hardware controller unit for club DJing and have recently bought Virtual DJ. Two questions?

1) Any idea if I can use this controller with the software?
2) Will there be a controller available soon which is compatible with the Virtual DJ software?

Mikey NL

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 4:19 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 4:37 pm
mikeynlPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That seems to be a new part of your site since I last looked :)

Mikey NL

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 4:41 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Cunning. You bought a whole load of EKS controllers.

Well done

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 6:06 pm
In fact we teamed up with EKS to build a dedicated controller based on their current controller specs, but adapted to VirtualDJ.

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 6:55 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice!

Inviato Sat 09 Aug 03 @ 6:58 pm
The Atomix team is the greatest...

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 2:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
As much as I like that controller, I'd really like to see a rackmouted one similar to the bpm, or numark controller. If you were going to mobile dj with this controller you'd have to build a custom case to put it in. At 2X 575 us, its quite a major cash outlay. Not in any way is this a negitive post just letting you know. I also really don't like the fact a sound card is included (eggs in one basket type of thing) I already have a gigaport and a SB live, and audio capture.

~~Cyder~~

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 6:21 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Yea, about the included sound card...
Remamber what happend to the company that forced you to use their Internet browser? :)

And really, at this price you can buy some of the best real decks (that can play MP3!) + a good mixer. And if you don't have a PC good for live performance, the real thing is actually cheaper!

As the person before, this is at no means a negative post. I'm a big fan of virtual DJing. But these prices simply put it out of my reach. :(

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 6:34 pm
Sounds like you an I are on the same page on this. One basic thing that evey software company forgets to include is a crossfader. Now I might go for a rackmount 3U controller with a user replacabe crosfader and an included sound card.(like the american dj one) But with this great software. Wonder if they might have a midi option later on. There has to be a way to make the dmc-1 work with it tho. Its just spitting out keyboard commands right?

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 8:04 pm
The controllers can be used with a standard mixer so thats where you get your crossfader from.

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 8:07 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
2x575 for controlers + 115 for VDJ = 1265 US$
plus you need an external mixer!?

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 8:31 pm
you dont have to buy a mixer too, you can use the VDJ crossfader, but yes i see your point!

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 8:36 pm
You guys must be smoking the best dope in the world if you think your going to sell that board for that price. I mean You can buy real equipment for that price. What makes you think that people will pay that much.

I understand you need to recoup the cost of product research & development but to attemt to sodimize your customer with this overly priced gizmo is uncalled for.

Good luck, all your going to do is alienate potential customers in finding a cheaper solution like PCDJ or Tractor.

If your going to screw me, I'd at least would like dinner first.

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 10:30 pm
Why was my post on the pricing of this product taken down? I was voicing my oppinion and you guys take it down.

What a way to piss off your customers.

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 11:38 pm
[quote]
The controllers can be used with a standard mixer so thats where you get your crossfader from.[/quote]

If the controller had a sound card and a crossfader, why would you need an external mixer?

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 11:44 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
to djgroove: we do not tolerate such vulgarity on this forum. That's why your post has been removed

Inviato Tue 12 Aug 03 @ 12:15 am
YAN,

Good to meet you eariler are we allowed to talk about the good news?

Inviato Tue 12 Aug 03 @ 1:51 am
does ur new controller work with atomix mp3

Inviato Tue 12 Aug 03 @ 3:48 am
djanoussa : no, the new controller work only with VDJ

Coyote

Inviato Tue 12 Aug 03 @ 4:49 am
54%