Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: DMX LIGHT SUPPORT

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

romcrisPRO InfinityMember since 2006
well i tinhk if vdj is capable to manage video and audio at the same time why not incorporate a dmx light feature like in the older version so you can control your lights with your music ,light features sofware doesn't consume much performance in a pc so that will be great incorporated this feature and make compatible not only with one brand if there is a lot of brands cheaper so many people can get those THAT WILL KILL SERATO YOU DONT THINK SO?

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 12:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:44 am
romcris wrote :
THAT WILL KILL SERATO YOU DONT THINK SO?

SBDJ wrote :

Nope, I don't.

Doesn't seem a popular feature either to be honest:

ditto on what SBDJ said..

sadly, even when it was (supposedly??) available it didnt (seem to) generate a lot of interest..

I'm hoping that was because no one really got it working and thus were unable to show WHY it would be useful..

I've searched thru the forums a few times.. As far as I could find.. no one ever really got DMX control working in VDJ..
so I still wonder, is the lack of interest because only a few wanted it, or is it because lots of people (over time) did ask about it, but quickly gave up when no answer was forthcoming..

A few of us are still picking away at it.. :-)
I'm hoping it wont be completely killed, especially since they are still listing it in their marketing materials IE: "the ability to control DMX"

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/118971/Hardware_Technical_Support/DMX_Light_control_with_VDJ_6_x__.html

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 10:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm in the process of talking with some vendors about adding more hardware support ;)

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 2:52 pm
Really... In what context???

Sounds interesting.

Roy

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 9:10 am
Are Visual Productions on your list?

I have quite a good relationship with them already and they're always interested in ideas.

I'm using Visual DMX but they recently brought out a piece of software called CUE Lux which is very easy to use on the sort of setup most people here might be using. Software and updates are free, you buy the dongle.
If we could have an API in VDJ to send Light Cues like CP's that would be very very neat.

The other good news is CUE Lux and Visual Touch are now cross platform Win/Mac/Linux, I'd like to think VisualDMX in version 2.0 will be also as I understand they are doing a complete re-write.

Ross

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 1:37 pm
Anyone out there using a Elation Stage 8 light controller?? I need help!
Frank

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 10 @ 5:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)