Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just Some Thoughts - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Most of you know how greatfull I am for having the ability to present video like it never has been digitally.
I know some of you don't really care either way and just wanted the problems fixed.

Now we all work really hard and none of us work for nothing unless it's charity work.

I kind of get the feeling that this company has been left ripped off for considerable improvements all because of some silly logo issue which would have paved the way for a profit has been lost.
And all because someone found a way to take that control away from developers, who have families and bills just like the rest of us.

It's a shame, a real shame.
NOBODY in this industry has achieved what these developers have and you all know what other 1/2 baked programs are costing and delivering (not) these days.

I am so greatfull, I just wish there was a way to contribute for what I have recieved.
It just doesn't sit well with me, but that's just me.

Anybody else feel this?
I hope i'm not alone on this but so be it if I am.

Rick

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rick,

I will have to agree with regard to your issue of contributing to the development costs of providing the great capabilities of v3.0. However, I think the logo debate was not in vain and possed a big problem for us that have work environments that may not be as receptive to a huge logo plastered on the screen. I love how the Dev Team handled the situation and the solution they provided.

And not to lose sight of your post, I too would gladly of paid an upgrade fee or if there was a method for donating to the current and future development and support, I would contribute as well.

Again, THANKS to the Dev Team!! And, how can we help further? [Other than crying and whinning for changes.]

Chris (cstoll)

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:30 pm
I agree with you mp3jrick

But the developers of VDJ are sooooooooooooooo on the side of all users...

And it was a "demand" to get the logo away, so thats what happened...

but given any other company, I'm sure it would be a profit only thinking...

Its really almost too kind to give all this for free... but then again, thats for sure one of the reasons so many here loves the team... :)

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 4:32 pm
@ Norway,
"And it was a "demand" to get the logo away, so thats what happened..."

Here's an analogy for you all, we are opening up a birthday gift and the toy is the wrong color.
Am I going to "beef" over what has been "given"?
No.
Would I have paid for a seperate licence for video, certainly!
As fast as paypal could process it.

I have always felt like the team was on our side as users, but it still it has to make money.
None of us should ever work for nothing.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 5:09 pm
mp3jrick: i fully agree with you, but some users bought vdj after it implemented video in the faith it will have improved speed of routines in the future, and maybe add new features ;-)

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 5:27 pm
I will never again buy anything based on "faith".
Nothing but future/vaporware IMO, been burned by that before.
You buy what you can see and touch right now, you like it you buy it.
You don't buy it because it has free future upgrades for improvements, patches and repairs are a different story.

Realtime here,
A video sampler was included with the 2.1 release, just for a taste, a testing of the waters so to speak.

And with 3.0 it becomes fully functional and complete ready to run, only it needs a key code to go live if you intend to use it to it's fullest capacity on the big screen.
That is what I expected to see happen, not have somebody turn the lights on and disable the companies methods for profiting from their efforts.

I think we really don't see the scope of how big this really is guys, it's HUGE.
NOBODY can touch this program with all that it can do.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 5:50 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you want to donate to the team you can still buy another license of VDJ!

I was suggested that when i asked if it were possible to donate on the french forum.

Jérémie

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:33 pm
I for one am grateful to VDJ for all thier work with me and the software. All of my problems have been answered quickly. For that I try to answer questions that I can as quickly as possible! Out of respect for the users and the company that brings us VDJ. Mad respect to the Dev Team. Also to the Support Staff, Ultra VIP, VIP and all the ones who help daily.
Big props to them all......Keep up the good work.

MS

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:50 pm
Would it helps if we'd set up a "donator membership" or "gold membership", that would shows under your name in the forum, grants you access to all beta session and allows you to have your ideas and remarks be taken in consideration in priority by the team?

S.Clavel

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:51 pm
Good Idea.

MS

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:54 pm
I'm there.

Thought about a second licence also, not sure if that was the way to go because of user accounts and confusion.

Support goes both ways, you've done your part.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 6:56 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Great idea :) Where do I click?

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 7:09 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, i'm happy with the free updates, and very grateful for what extra has been develeoped for free, as I was an early invester in the software, I will gladly pay for an update, if it is to be of considerable improvement to what is now, else it wouldn't be worth paying for, but, for an update to hugely progress from what we have now doesn't seem possible, of course it is, and it probably will, but vdj team have already offered alot of extras to excisting customers as it is..., so what could be developed at a charge?.., we can all agree on master tempo improvement and possibly key detection could make mixing alot easyer for some..., and fixes, adjustments etc...

But giving to the team out of charity, or good will, seems to me as a very strange thing to put over, I don't know, i'm not so rich, lol, but the money I do give is to people in need, or a cause that helps a people in need, I don't see VDJ team as this..., they are living in france, a rich country with a great business..., so investment yes.., but charity and good will for such a business seems a bit pretentious to me..

Bagpuss,

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 7:49 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Buy a license to people who have bad critics about PC-DJing: after testing the VirtualDJ full version they'll surely change their mind...

Tell them All updates were free and probably they should have big big straighted eyes!
Tell them if they want to pay more they can also make a gift to other ones.

Checks presents to offer to friends ...

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 8:54 pm
If you look like other (dj) software you have to pay for each update often. I like the way VDJ is keeping us up to date the last couple of years. Therfore I would sign up for a "gold membership licence".
Ewout

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 8:59 pm
It really shouldn't matter where people live or what their financial status is with respect to what they should charge for a quality product that they create and market.

I've not seen comparable software for less than 300US that does what VDJ does, not even close.
If you look at the high end products like DJ Power or VJ Live the price will take your breath away and neither of them can do what VDJ will do, excluding dmx control in the case of DJP.
I'm talking THOUSANDS of dollars here.

It's not like a charity, but when I recieve good service I usually try to express it.
And I couldn't be happier with this program, it's gonna make my show look so much better than it was.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 9:16 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Atomix is a real good model for this by offering an amazing software for its price and by offering free updates. That's an incredible point.

This is a very good thing to attract new users. Tell everybody this point.

But (I speak for my case) some users don't get any money back because they mix for free, for friends or for them. That's sure others companies want more money for updates. But I'm very happy and I promise to help Atomix the best that I can for that.

I'm just getting a bit affraid with this topic ...

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 9:21 pm
It probably goes in the direction of where they find their market strengths.

If they want to market to bedroom dj's and dorms, that is a huge market that probably doesn't hold a lot of promise for financial growth.
Now, market to professional club and mobile dj's who make good ching doing it and they will gladly contribute to the growth of Atomix and spread the good word to other professionals.

So which market do you court?
If you think business like I do, it's a no brainer.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 9:33 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree with you, mp3jrick, but I get the feeling that Atomix is going more for the bedroom DJ market.

It might not be a bad strategy, though. Look at all those people running their shoutcast stations with nothing but their winamp playlists. I think we could also argue that it is much harder to compete in the professional DJ market. To succeed there, you have to be the best and maintain it. Price competition doesn't really exist.

Bargler

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 9:55 pm
Around here we would call that the Walmart concept.
More volume because of lower cost that guaranteed will bring more people in because money is the driving force behind everything we do or buy.

Saturating a market can have adverse effects also, when everybody has one it's over.

Interesting to study though.

Inviato Wed 25 May 05 @ 11:29 pm
57%