Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: For those that don't believe

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Here is a vid of VDJ playing back 2 vob files at the same time with perfect quality and less than 7 percent cpu usuage

Vob Video

thanks to djhomeboy for helping with this :)

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 8:32 am
This video shows only 1 video-screen. But never the less, i was already impressed by seeing the low cpu-usage of playing a full-quality dvd-vob file in vdj 3.0!
in fact i think it's awesome :-| !!

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 11:45 am
Cyder

Very impressive and very much where I want to be. My computer is quite well specified and won't play VOBs or mpeg 2 files although it happily plays mpeg 1's that I've encoded to 640 x 496 at cbr 3500 kbps and vdj reproduces them to a very high quality. I'm happy to believe that the inability to play vobs is down to a quite congested Windows and lots of needless apps as opposed to any deficiency in vdj.

My next step is to put the computer back to where it was, my home one for everyday use, and have a computer built specifically to run vdj for my club work. I'll be using an inno graphics card based on an nvidia 6800 gt with 256m of ram. for audio I'll be getting a maya ex unless you can suggest a better alternative.

I guess what i'm asking for is another "my working video machine" strand detailing codecs etc for a bare installation streamlined to implement vdj in the most efficient possible way. For instance I'm planning to use an amd athlon but would I be better with another configuration ( pentium dual processor ? ). Is it worth paying the extra for xp pro in this instance ?

I'm not really clever or computerate enough to do the tweaks that you probably have to your setup but hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be reporting back that I'm playing vobs or mp2's myself.

Thanks, John

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:52 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
have you managed to get a vob to play directly from a dvd?
i can run them if they have been copyed off but have not managed to get one to play directly of a dvd yet...

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 2:12 pm
I can play a vob in one player but the system chokes on the second vob, I'm not sure what you mean by "play directly off a dvd". I'm sure this is not a problem with vdj, which is why I want to get the computer build as right as is possible.

John

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 2:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
He means read and play the dvd through VDJ, and no it will not.....yet.

Jason has ripped these vobs to a drive.

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 3:09 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I'll make another video tonight showing two videos together on the screen. Remember this computer has a clock speed of 1.8 ghz :) But its a athlon 64 system as well.

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 5:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)