Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NAMM 2011] Numark NS6 - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I like the jogs and love the old 45 adaptor symbol.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 12:00 pm
I really like the look of this controller. Seriously considering the Denon 6000 but looks pretty cramped compared to this one. In the case of controllers for me at least 'Bigger is better' I like the larger jog wheels & the pitch slider layout on this unit better.

Problem is I might be dead before these things are available in Canada lol

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 12:59 pm
si1988uk wrote :
Does anyone know how many ticks per roatation the other controllers have? (VMS4, MC-6000, S4).

I've read that the S4 is around 1,000 and the Denon is around 2,000 (both unconfirmed), not sure about the AA unit.

Simon

"NS6 deliver 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation" according to Numarks press release. Sounds like it has better platter resolution than both the Denon and Native Instruments unit.

I must admit this unit looks pretty sweet!
I wonder if the effects are analog effects of just MIDI controls controlling the software's internal effects.

I think Pioneer better start second guessing the price on its units because both the Numark and Denon units look like better options and at a cheaper price.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 1:22 pm
I want to see it in action, this is the kind of thing I have been waiting for.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 4:39 pm
It might be just me, but it looks a bit more like the Pioneer MIDI controller.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 5:42 pm
There are 2 NS 6's. The up faders, Pfls and jogs are different.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 6:14 pm
Give me the one on the bottom.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 6:45 pm
Another review:

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1614

Supposedly available in Q2.

Gotta say looking more like this is the beast I'm going to get even over the Denon which I will take a serious look at, but it looks confoundingly cluttered & squashed together like the RMX which I did not like at all.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 9:02 pm
That 1ST picture with the rotory knobs is a fake.................lmao!!

hUEY

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 9:10 pm
The controller looks really nice and i have a good feeling its the same size as the Mix deck. The only draw back is the feel of the jogs on the mix deck. I hope the jogs on this deck feels better.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 10:17 pm
si1988uk wrote :
£799

Did I do this right cause Im coming up with around $1200.00 USD?? I used some money changer online. Thats "Pounds" right?

Huey

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 11:06 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok big question is.... does the mixer have full midi control? It doesn't seem to mention it.

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 11:14 pm
In my opinion this controller gonna "shake" all the market even at Pioneer's DDJ's.
Fortunately for "us" VDJ user's this controller works with our software and as far as Pioneer informed the press about their controllers they don't work with other pieces of software except Traktor DDJ-T1 and Serato Itch DDJ-S1.

I believe this is a BIG step into Numark's pro equipments, really a nice "look a like" NS7 with the spirit of their new mixer X7.

Honestly if Pioneer "wins" in controllers is only because of "status" issue.

This NS6 is almost a dream come true for a regular dj. Many space, logical controls and now only need to "put my hands on the unit" to feel it.
For me it's a great choice!

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 12:14 am
Was about to lay down the cash for the MixDeck, but I think I may have to wait to see how this feels.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 12:47 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've just had a look at the news release on the Numark website. Unfortunately there is no upgrade to the mixdeck. I was hoping they would retain the same features and just make the mixer portion midi. The static platters do look very solid on the NS6.

I'm surprised though Numark is sticking with the needle drop thing, I still prefer a search button and just rotating the platter to position. I don't even think many people utilise it. An LED display wouldn't go a miss!

Anyways.. let's see the videos! NAMM show tomorrow :)

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:04 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Did I do this right cause Im coming up with around $1200.00 USD?? I used some money changer online. Thats "Pounds" right?

Yeah, that's the UK Price.

Si

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:03 am
DJ Ton-E 915 wrote :
Was about to lay down the cash for the MixDeck, but I think I may have to wait to see how this feels.

That's the odd thing - the NS6 is more expensive than the Mixdeck, and yet the Mixdeck can not only act as USB controller, but (when not using a computer) can play from CD, USB stick, hard drive and iPod...

Standalone, the NS6 is just a mixer!

Mind you, the Mixdeck is butt ugly. The NS6 does have some style to it!

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:14 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It has to compete with Pioneer's new toy! IMHO, this one should be much better. BTW, I love the Denon DN-MC6000, even though it doesn't do 24-bits processing ;-)

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 8:48 am
Don't know how right I am here but isn't MP3 as standard a 16 bit audio? And I think audio CD's are also 16 bit audio...

Done a bit of wiki reading on it. Also on the user guide it says the DA Converter is 24 bit... not sure if this has anything to do with it but from reading it seems to convert to 24... I could [/] be way off base here though.

Si

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 9:35 am
so looking at the back of this thing. looks like its a 3 deck mixer if you want to use a mic.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 12:18 pm
40%