Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NAMM 2011] Numark NS6 - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djbojett wrote :
so looking at the back of this thing. looks like its a 3 deck mixer if you want to use a mic.

I said that already on page one!

:-)

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 12:28 pm
my bad i just skimmed thru the thread lol

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 12:30 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This is like the Ns7fx but the platter don't rotate. Is lke a combination of the NS7 with the mixdeck or mixtrack. Numark is doing a great job with the new generation equipment. I own the Numark NS7fx and is a great pieace of machine. I use it fron Thursday to Friday in club without having any issues.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 2:00 pm
The one thing they messed up on was not giving it the ability to read flash/jump or harddrives (whatever you wanna call em) unless I missed that part?? Either way it looks and sounds good from what I've read.

Huey

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 2:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello, this product is not a mixdeck.

it is a four channel digital mixer which is also a four deck software controller.
It is metal and is designed for use with the Included Itch software. We are currently working on a Virtual DJ mapping.

The full story is @ www.numark.com/ns6

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:37 pm
si1988uk wrote :
Yeah pretty sure just touch sensitive in this unit.

Can't wait for some comparisons between all of these shiney new 4 deck controllers!

By the looks of things, the UK price of this unit will be around £799

http://www.djstore.com/item/numns6.htm

Si

Yes touch sensitive and high resolution.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:38 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
There are 2 NS 6's. The up faders, Pfls and jogs are different.

This was a joke some one made on the Serato forum there is only one version with faders.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:39 pm
l_rids wrote :
Ok big question is.... does the mixer have full midi control? It doesn't seem to mention it.

Yes full midi control every control is midi.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:40 pm
l_rids wrote :
I've just had a look at the news release on the Numark website. Unfortunately there is no upgrade to the mixdeck. I was hoping they would retain the same features and just make the mixer portion midi. The static platters do look very solid on the NS6.

I'm surprised though Numark is sticking with the needle drop thing, I still prefer a search button and just rotating the platter to position. I don't even think many people utilise it. An LED display wouldn't go a miss!

Anyways.. let's see the videos! NAMM show tomorrow :)

You can still search if you want the needle drop/strip search is handy for cutting in to an exact point.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:41 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
The one thing they messed up on was not giving it the ability to read flash/jump or harddrives (whatever you wanna call em) unless I missed that part?? Either way it looks and sounds good from what I've read.

Huey

This is designed for use with your computer so you can use the computer to read the drives :-)

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:42 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
skyfxl wrote :
l_rids wrote :
I've just had a look at the news release on the Numark website. Unfortunately there is no upgrade to the mixdeck. I was hoping they would retain the same features and just make the mixer portion midi. The static platters do look very solid on the NS6.

I'm surprised though Numark is sticking with the needle drop thing, I still prefer a search button and just rotating the platter to position. I don't even think many people utilise it. An LED display wouldn't go a miss!

Anyways.. let's see the videos! NAMM show tomorrow :)

You can still search if you want the needle drop/strip search is handy for cutting in to an exact point.

Exact point or approximate? lol

Anyhow I'm still confused with the give and take thing. They add one thing and then they take away another. Are rotating platters a problem?

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 8:24 pm
If I plug in a Mic or 2 can I use effects like echo or reverb?

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 10:43 pm
jimspinnin wrote :
If I plug in a Mic or 2 can I use effects like echo or reverb?

Yes you can!

You can see both chanels 1 and 4 sharing a input for mic (with switch from line or mic), so in other words is almost if you use the mic as a deck applying to it all the effects you wish :)

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 10:49 pm
The reason why they are not motorized rotating platters is because, they wanted to make the deck lighter. It would be nice if the jogs felt the VCI 300 platters and not the Mix decks's.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 10:50 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
The reason why they are not rotating platters is because to they wanted to make it lighter. I would be nice if the jogs felt the VCI 300 platters and not the Mix decks's.

A friend of mine already "touched" this beauty in NAMM 2011 and as far as he told (He is a Denon and Kontrol user), the jog Wheels are simply amazing!

The only thing that many commented with the unit live is the platters colour not being black...they say it shines too much (reflexion), but yet no one saw it in a club lightning environment.

Let's wait for the first videos.

Here's a snack:

[youtube]6DIYVXwPW8Q&hd=1[/youtube]

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 10:56 pm
wait so how muc will it be in US money?? if its 1 k then it a bit pricey considering its competing up agaisnt teh new herc and dennon controller which r cheaper and just as good if not better

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:06 pm
$1200 USD

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:09 pm
DJ J-Jeovani wrote :
wait so how muc will it be in US money?? if its 1 k then it a bit pricey considering its competing up agaisnt teh new herc and dennon controller which r cheaper and just as good if not better

Sorry to disagree, i love Hercules but this is a whole new level, the real "PRO LEVEL GEAR", Hercules has much to learn, dispute the fact they where the pioneer's in midi controllers... The buttons, faders and knobs are not pro, their semi pro even in the latest 4-MX.

Concerning Denon, i believe it will be a battle with Numark and Native Instruments, but the best of this unit (NS6) is the comfortable space to work, and the Denon's DN-MC 6000 has a problem already spoken the pitch fader to close to the eq.

The prices:
DENON DN-MC6000 - US$799
KONTROL S4 - US$999
NUMARK NS6 - US$999

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:13 pm
I have to feel the jogs to give it my stamp of approval. I owned the world of equipment and i know what Great, Good & ok feels like. If the Ns6 will sell for 999, I will be able to get it for 900 dollars or maybe alitlle more less.

When it comes to size.. Like i said before, Aliitle bigger is better. The NS7 was a huge success and so will this one. What makes this deck more nicer is... Its the size of the Mixdeck and alittle smaller than the Ns7 and lighter too.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:31 pm
As a Denon 4500 user I do not like how cramped the 6000 is at all, & yes the jogs are way too close to everything else, which was my main beef with the RMX & the reason it was turfed from my gear collection. This thing is laid out the way I like, with lots of room around everything. Sure it might not be rack-mountable, but like I said with controllers I prefer the bigger is better theory.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:33 pm
59%