Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Novation Dicer Video Demo

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi Everyone,

After trying to research the Novation Dicer, I couldn't find any info on how it worked with VDJ (only Serato and Traktor). I saw the mapper for the dicer in the plug-ins section so figured it must work with our beloved software. I purchased the hardware and mapped it to my standards.
Here's a vid for anyone interested.

Inviato Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 1:41 pm
Nice job bro! Those things look like fun.

Huey

Inviato Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 3:04 pm
Actually thought of your mixdeck video and thought that these might be right up your ally. I am totally in love with these little guys as it opened up another door full of options. I haven't tested them in a 4 deck configuration yet but pretty certain that they will follow the active deck.

I'm going to do some 4 deck testing with them on Wednesday and will report back with the findings.

AC

Inviato Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 2:44 am
They are effectively a dual-deck controller, so will be assigned to two of the 4 decks by default. But you can assign them via CONFIG -> Mappers to the left and right decks, so that they work with the whichever deck is currently assigned left and right.

Inviato Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 9:40 am
Thanks for the video ! Great overview of the functions. It really helps in buying questions !
But i´ve got a last one: What about the yellow buttons on the right dicer. Are they also configured for controlling the samples?
I thought about using these buttons for scrolling in library or something else...

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 12:05 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Great video I'd like to see more from you.

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 8:25 am
Hey, that's my sample name drop. lol

Kewl man, I have been checking those things out.

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 10:55 am
Thank you all for the support. It makes the effort to create the video worth while :)

@grommit4 - Yes. The right yellows also control the same samples as the left as I have left & right sides mapped identically. I think that it can be changed as VDJ Support Staff has mentioned that they are a dual-deck controller. The original mapping that is in VDJ had pitch bend, cue, play, stop, browse, loop, sample, etc. The mapper and a list of definitions can be found here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11828/Novation_Dicer_Def___Mapper.html As I mentioned in the video, I had most of the originally mapped functions on my controller so there was no need to have the functions twice.

@DJ Cyder - This was a no-brainer for me to make as there wasn't much information out there in regards to the Dicer & VDJ working together (which made the decision to purchase very difficult). Did you want to see more on the Dicers or just more videos in general?

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 11:05 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
We always like to see user involvement no matter what the level. You'd be amazed how many come here and never post anything. I'm not a dicer fan personally but it does show what you can do with the device and it works with Virtualdj. That makes everyone here at Atomix smile.

Inviato Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 3:14 pm
Sharing is always good. Glad that everyone is smiling.

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 1:56 pm
mapping tutorial please!

Inviato Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 5:35 pm
@superaceman: Thanks for your reply! Ok, of course you can assign each button to every function of vdj :-D I thought you were using the mapper from vdj download center. But you´re right. No big thing to map a device.

@farhanashraf: It´s easy and the same for every device. Look at the official vdj guide (download section) at page 43 "Mappers". You just have to click "Learn" in VDJ, then press a button on the device.

Inviato Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 4:57 am
Great Video man... could you put up some screen shots of how to "map"?

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 8:15 pm
dandadHome userMember since 2009
I have a single novation Dicer and I would like to control both decks with a toggle switch, what mappers script can I use to do this

Inviato Tue 05 May 15 @ 5:27 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Your license does nnot support using of MIDI devices - so this will not work until you buy the correct license for it.

Greets, Heiko

Inviato Tue 05 May 15 @ 11:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)