Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ EQUIPMENT - LAPTOP STANDS/ BOOTHS / TABLES

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dandijPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey all

I've recently started gigging and being mobile I am a bit over the whole tressle table and table cloth look

My equipment so far consists of:
2x CDJ400s and a DJM400 housed in pioneer roadcase
1x Sony Vaio Laptop (used for recording/any other background work)
1x 22" monitor (used only for vdj)

All of these fit alright on a tressle. Only problem is cords are usually hanging over the front of the table and looks messy!

I'm really after a DJ booth that will fit most of that and a laptop stand - i realise majority won't house the monitor but atleast the roadcase and laptop

Here's a couple of the laptop stands that look pretty appealing
http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/stanton-uber-stand.html
http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/hire-roadready-stand.html

but i can't find a booth or table that will fit will with my equipment AND hide those damn cords!

Would love to hear everyone's personal experience for mobile djing and general thoughts on the matter

dandij

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 6:49 am
You can build yourself a facade I had the same look with all my wires hanging over.

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 6:59 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 7:49 am
It\'s not too hard to build your own facade/booth, I built this one a few weeks ago.
Materials:
2X2\'s
1/8\" Luan
Speaker Carpet
1/8\" plexi glass
Hinges
Spray Adheisive
Staples
Screws

Build the frame

Cover with Luan

Cut out any design you want

Cover with speaker carpet and insert plexi

Enjoy

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 7:51 am
djnutz wrote :
I have talked about this here before. Here is a refresher:

http://www.wernerladder.com/newprods/ps.php#

I also used this setup after seeing what Nutz did with his and I couldn't be happier. Here's a peek at my mobile rig.

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 9:53 am
Jam Master Rob wrote :
It\'s not too hard to build your own facade/booth, I built this one a few weeks ago.

slimcox1 wrote :
You can build yourself a facade I had the same look with all my wires hanging over.

was just checking out some designs on the web once i actually realised they were called facades - thanks lol
they do look pretty easy to make and even the ones superaceman has put together looks decent
i might just make it with a bit more table top room to put my cd wallet and monitors

sorry to go off topic but anybody know why both my cdj400 screens only have 1 vdj controller playing on them and when i hit eject on either it swaps to the second controller on each of them. i can't get 1 deck per 1 controller. have been fiddling round for ages and its making my head hurt!

dandij

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 12:22 pm
mate where can i get that laptop stand with the midi controller in the second last picture?

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 2:53 pm
Before

After

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 3:40 pm

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 3:45 pm
@Superman mate could ya tell me where you got that laptop stand the one with song vaio?

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 3:02 am
JanzehPRO InfinityMember since 2010
dandij wrote :
sorry to go off topic but anybody know why both my cdj400 screens only have 1 vdj controller playing on them and when i hit eject on either it swaps to the second controller on each of them. i can't get 1 deck per 1 controller. have been fiddling round for ages and its making my head hurt!

dandij

Go to options and mappers.

Next to the line where the name of the current mapping is, press the button named Mappers options. From there you can assign each player individually.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 4:47 am

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 8:23 am
I jumped on the scaffold bandwagon (props to djnutz) as well.
I've noticed an Incredible difference in setup loding and travel. Considering the scaffold can safely take a load 0f 500lbs, I can load my coffin, cable cases, lighting bins, truss/stand bag, and speaker stand bag all on the scaffolding and roll safely into a venue.

The only thing I have to make a second trip for is my speaker system.
Then it doubles as a handy DJ Stand

Best thing for my Back
down to 4 trips total:
2 in
2 out.

Makes my life a lot easier.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 10:34 am
We were talking about racing them but realized that it was likely a bad idea as we would have to find a hill and they have no steering wheel or brakes :)

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 10:54 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Brakes, who needs brakes?

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 12:25 pm
If you look in the photo comp thread you will see a photo of my setup. Facades aren't really big here in the UK - from what I have seen. I have a 6" deck stand - cost me £99 with two levels and a 12" T-Bar. Then I bought a starcloth.

You take two of the stoppers out of the side of the stands and slide the right-angle brackets inside the deck stand, you then place a bar betwen then and attach the cloth.

I like this setup as a) the T-bar is integral b) there is enough of a gap to let your wires dropdown unnoticed and c) the starcloth goes on last and hides "the mess" ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 12:32 pm
Janzeh wrote :
dandij wrote :

dandij

Go to options and mappers.

Next to the line where the name of the current mapping is, press the button named Mappers options. From there you can assign each player individually.

thanks mate got it going now!

Inviato Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 1:04 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)