Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video Projectors

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey Guy's I'm looking to incorporate a video projector along with my mobile dj system. I am clueless when in comes to choosing the right one. Of course I don't want to spend alot of money on one I am on a tight budget but yet I don't want to sacrifice quality either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 10:09 am
get a led DLP one, traditional ones use a globe which uses a hell of a lot of energy and can cost up to $450 for a replacement after between 2000-4000 hours, whereas leds are rated at 20,000 hours.

dlp has better contrast and picture quality, but cheaper ones can produce a significant rainbow effect which can hurt the eyes.

I use a dell mp1800 cost $150 on ebay great picture no rainbow, and I'm one of the lucky ones that can see it easily, drawback, not as bright as most, long throw distance.

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 1:50 pm
Derek don't waste your time and money with anything under 3500 lumens...you will be disappointed when you get that one gig and your projector does sweet f.a in a big room. Save your money if you have to and buy a 3500 or 4000 lumen machine with a wide angle lens. That's all from me, good luck.

Inviato Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 11:11 pm
MJ177PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Totally agree with the Ian about the lumens -- last year i purchased a Sharp DLP - 3500 lumens - for $850 - does HD and such, but doesnt have HDMI - i just use the SVGA for VJ'n when i use the projector - also replacement bulbs for this model are only $180... So you don't have the break the bank, but you DO need to spend a little something to get the performance and colors you want. The saying "You get what you pay for" can be very true with projectors... Do some research, i googled the hell out of different models reading what peoples thoughts were different forums. The home theater forums can be a great source of info too! :)

The wide angle lens is also a great suggestion -- mine has a minum throw distance of 11 feet -- not too bad, but still something to consider -- A buddy of mine has a few with the wide angle lens and i think his distance is 4 feet? maybe 5? and it's huge on the screen!!

----
I've used my Sharp projector in a huge foyer area of a building with windows all around, daytime, the sun fully up and blasting...basically what i'm trying to say here is that it was REALLY BRIGHT! - I had the Projector and screen set up around 45-50 feet from the windows and it still looked great. :) The more lumens the brighter! :)

Inviato Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 5:44 am

Inviato Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 6:55 pm
I agree that investing in a projector with higher lumens is worth it. Also short throw will save tons of headaches. I have an Eiki projector that is 2300 lumens and usually works well indoors unless we are in an exceptionally bright area. Quality wise this projector has never had a problem and we are on the original bulb. I haven't purchased one but know that the bulbs aren't cheap. About 7 years ago the machine was around $2300

Inviato Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 1:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)