Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ Script verb request

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi team,

I would like you to please change the verb "goto_bar #" I can turn this into a slicer with a roll effect, however there are a couple of gaps in the script.

the way it works now is

goto_bar 1 = second beat from downbeat
goto_bar 2 = third beat from downbeat
goto_bar 3 = fourth beat from downbeat
goto_bar 4 = downbeat of next bar

could you please impliment

goto_bar 0
= go to bownbeat of the current bar

I have tried "goto_bar 4 & goto -4" but this isn't working as I wanted

Also it would be great to include 16 beats as you have in "beat_num 1 16"

Thanks

Inviato Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 10:17 pm
synthet1c wrote :
goto_bar 0 = go to bownbeat of the current bar

+100 to this suggestion as i was looking into this... good synthet1c

Inviato Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 11:03 pm
for a type of script I want to use in a midi fighter instant gratification mapping, I am wanting to reset a cycle to 0 when lifting up off a button so I can have a timed response, before completing a command for a little automation while a button is pressed. For an example I want to use this

down ? action if down : action if up

down ? repeat 2000ms & cycle 'automation' 4 & var 'automation' 1 ? turn on effect & set initial parameters : var 'automation' 2 ? set secondary parameter : var 'automation' 3 ? turn off effect : nothing : set 'automation' 0

what I have found setting this script on leds without "repeat" is that the cycle will reset when you press a button to set it to zero, but recommence where the cycle left off.

Also the "repeat" verb wont shut off if preceeded by "down ?" however cstoll has been notified of this.

Inviato Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 11:06 pm
This could be also applicable to the rotary endless encoder button which should have up & down function.

Inviato Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 11:12 pm
you can use "cycle 'automation' -4" to cycle backwards on a button or an encoder, for a button to reset however, I have tried

var 'automation' 1 ? cycle 'automation' -4 : var 'automation' 2 ? cycle 'automation' -4 & cycle 'automation' -4 : var 'automation' 3 ? cycle 'automation' 4 & cycle 'automation' 4 : var 'automation' 4 ? cycle 'automation' 4

if 1 go back 1
if 2 go back 2
if 3 go forward 2
if 4 go forward 1

var 'automation' 1 ? cycle 'automation' -4 :
var 'automation' 2 ? cycle 'automation' -4 & cycle 'automation' -4 :
var 'automation' 3 ? cycle 'automation' 4 & cycle 'automation' 4 :
var 'automation' 4 ? cycle 'automation' 4

they should all go back to 0 when the reset button is pressed, but I cant get it to work that way, I tried it on leds, so i could see what stage it was up to..

Inviato Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 11:23 pm
actually disregard the last request, it actually does reset with "set 'automation' 0", I must of typed it wrong the first time. now I just need repeat fixed, and I can get stupid with this mapping.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 5:01 am
Can we also have a request to add a scripts to fix the "SYNC LED" to toggles "ON & OFF"? as of the latest version of VDJ it does on blinking through the beat of the song, the logic like if sync led lit you can be assigned blink with speed parameters, steady on or off. Another option would be like: a scripts that VDJ could send a queries to both decks if BPM of both decks are the same sync led would starts to blink and then by SYNCING them led could lit up on steady modes. Thanks

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 11:21 pm
would it be possible to get a "repeat" verb that can trigger depending on the beat not just time. eg

"repeat 4" = repeat action every bar while held
"repeat 1" = repeat action every beat while held
"repeat 0.5" = repeat action every half beat while held

I could do some crazy automation with it and it would be even better, because they would be on beat with the music :)

Inviato Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 2:47 am
just thought of another one LOL

It would be great to get a verb to change the start point of the cbg, the bpm is right 99% of the time, but with the beats I play the grid is matched about 25% of the time. With this verb I could pair it up with hot cue 1 and set the cbg in one easy press.

hot_cue 1 & set_cbg_start

Inviato Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 11:02 am
I asked for this last year sometime, but it would be great to be able to query the position of the needle on the timecode in "smart relative & relative modes" so we could program hot cues to be associated with the bands on timecode vinyl, that would make doing turntabist routines much more natural using needle jumps and mean you could program your tracks beforehand and not need to take your hand away from the turn table or mixer..

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/145441/PC_Version_Technical_Support/can_the_timecode_signal_be_used_to_do_commands_.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/145549/Wishes_and_new_features/be_able_to_query_timecode_vinyl_s_absolute_position_when_scripting.html

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 1:20 am
todays request is

could we get a verb like "show_text" that works on leds? It would be good if when triggered it set a variable for a specified amount of time so the variable could be queried on more than one led for say loop size when it's changed with an encoder.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 4:57 pm
What is wrong with "repeat" ? I noticed at times it doesn't stop repeating even when lifting a button. Was this what you experienced?

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 11:01 am
yeah, it happens when there is a variable in front of it, this is a common one I kept coming accross

down ? effect 'echo_efx500' active on & repeat 20ms & effect 'echo_efx500' slider 1 +0.02 : effect 'echo_efx500' slider 1 0% & effect 'echo_efx500' active off

I overcome it a little with this, it puts a varible infront of repeat so it is automated when you want, not just all the time

var 'echooff' 1 ? effect 'echo_efx500' active off & set 'echooff' 0 : effect 'echo_efx500' active on & effect 'echo_efx500' slider 1 0% & set 'echooff' 1 & repeat 20ms & effect 'echo_efx500' slider 1 +2%

Inviato Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 12:14 pm
In regards to repeat, would it be possible to do it like a variable, that way I could stop it repeating in any other part of the mapping. eg

down ? repeat "repeat_name" 100ms on & effect slider 1 +0.005 : repeat "repeat_name" off

this would also cover automation, as we will be able to set when it starts and stops with midi triggers and could have control over multiple automations using variable names.

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 10:07 am
If possible it is also necessary to add verbs that queries the current position of the "KNOBS & SLIDER" so that if ever you open VDJ it easily recognized how much volume you have by just looking at the current position of the slider or knobs. Right now, setting "0%" or 50% on the INIT is horrible where there's a spike or drops in volume when you touch the knobs or slider when VDJ is currently playing, touching all the knobs before playing is just funny as i could imagine as SERATO and TRAKTOR they have done smart initialization that software knows whats is the position of the knobs and sliders and you can start playing immediately without touching all those knobs before playing.

Inviato Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 11:34 pm
This is only possible if the controller's firmware supports this capability.

If not, then VirtualDJ and all other DJ software has no way of telling the initial position of the knobs and sliders until you actually move them.

Most native supported controllers that do have this capability are already mapped to query it when the controller is initialised.

NOTE: Most new higher-end controllers usually have this capability. Cheaper and/or older controllers usually do not.

Inviato Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 4:21 am
Support staff wrote :
VirtualDJ and all other DJ software has no way of telling the initial position of the knobs and sliders until you actually move them.

Yes... you have the point of having it in the firmware or maybe locally supported by the software. I'm sure it could be done by the VDJ TEAM, some more works on INT lines of scripting that could tell the initial position of the knobs & slider will be helpful for those guys who loves to do mapping as this is one of the most important by the way please don't ignore this. If you guys really wanted it you can do that c'mon... this is why VDJ is built and superior because of the capability that the VDJ can do while others can't. Don't tell us that because others are doesn't have that you will leave us as it is. I have Serato ITCH and how i observe that base on the hands on trials i have done. What ever position of the knobs and slider are easily recognized by the software without touching it and moving it. We hope that all those Andrew's valuable points in scripting posted above, you guys could reviewed them and considered them on the next version of VDJ. Thank you.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 12 @ 5:22 pm
could we get rating for vdj script aswell?

rating "1"
rating "2"
rating "3"
rating "4"
rating "5"

and can we get a script to change the browser key info from minor to its relative major, that came up a couple of weeks ago..

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 12 @ 8:13 pm
could we get a verb that queries if the track has fully loaded, It would be good for limiting effects and setting lights as a warnng if the track isn't fully loaded... eg for a led that will follow play when loaded, but blink if currently loading.

get isloaded ? play : blink 300ms

Inviato Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 5:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)