Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Samples on individual decks and DN-MC6000 sampler buttons - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Simple question, Is ti possible to play a certain sample (lets say Saxo) with/on Deck 1 and another one with/on deck 2 (Siren)? It all look like it is possible, since the default skin has sampler next to the effects. However, when I activate it on either deck, the other side is lit on simultaneously.

Would like to have it work with 2 channels external mixer, but if ti can be don with 3 channels - I don't mind.

Another question about the DN-MC6000 pressing the Samp 1, 2 ,3, 4 on either deck, seems to lit both decks.

So how can I play Sample one on Deck 1 and Sample2 on Deck2?

If it can not be done, why DN-MC6000 has 4 buttons for each decks? For Traktor may be?

Inviato Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 12:35 pm
MC6000 sends the same midi notes, but on discrete channels.
IE,
Left Deck sample buttons transmits on Midi Channel 1
Right Deck sample buttons transmits on midi channel 3

It should be capable, but VDJ only lists Samp1-4 in the Mappers.

I am also looking for this answer....

It looks very possible, but how?

Inviato Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes it is possible to have different sampler triggered on left and right deck of the MC6000, despite on how those buttons send midi signals.. Those sampler buttons can be mapped to do so, however your LE version is not allowing to customize your controller.
You will have to upgrade to Pro Full version at a discount http://www.virtualdj.com/products/oem.html

This will probably work. It will play sampler 1 for decks 1 and 3, and sampler 5 for decks 2 and 4
Map the sampler button 1 as ...

action_deck 1 ? sampler 1 play_stop : action_deck 2 ? sampler 5 play_stop : action_deck 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : action_deck 4 ? sampler 5 play_stop

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 1:53 pm
I bought the professional version... Thanks, I'll try it

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 4:07 pm
Ok, here's the problem. I can't map samp5

When I have VDJ Key-Learn, the first sampler button on each side registers as Samp1
In Theory, the first sampler button on the Left side should be samp1 and the right side samp5.

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 4:14 pm
Samp5 isn't mappable.

I think Bob's command above is for samp1 to 4 and each one tells VDJ to select a different sample for either deck 1 or 2

Keith

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 4:19 pm
Ahh, now I get it.
You are freakin brilliant! Thank you
Works!

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 4:25 pm
Thanks for the responses. I'll try it when I get home.
What about the initial question, can we play a sample1 with Deck1 and Sample2 with Deck2. There is a few reason why I need that. First, it will save a extra channel and second the BPM matching. Right now, If I am playing a Song 130 BPM on Deck 1 and 90 BPM on Deck 2, VDJ will randomly chose to which deck to match it to (at least I did not figure it out how to match it with desired deck). That is verry important.

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 4:35 pm
It's not random...

because the mc6000 is capable of controlling 4 decks, you must now tell virtual DJ what your master deck is.
This problem doesn't exist in two deck mode because VDJ assumes you want to match beats to the opposite deck.

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 5:18 pm
Yes, you can route the samples to any deck / sampler key

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 5:20 pm
How?

Let me try to make it clear again. I have setup MC6000 as internal mixer (e.g. VDJ outputs 2 Decks 2 channels). When I play a Sampler on Deck1 ( Either from the controller or selected with the mouse on the Left Deck(1) (default skin) it plays on both channels simultaniusly (Moving the Crossfader from left to right the same sound and in the middle is ofcourse louder) and the sampler on the right Deck2 is also lit in green (on the Skin).

All I want is to have sampler playing on individual channels. HELP please.

P.S. 2 Decks Setup only. If I select ASIO drivers instead it acts the same way.

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 5:39 pm
You wish to assign a 'sample' to a specific mixer channel (ie channel 1 or channel 2 or channel 3 or channel 4). correct?

I will check on it when I get home. I believe I was able to do that once.

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 6:13 pm
i wish to be able to play samples on the same channel as a Deck 1 (and only there) and samples on the same channel as deck 2 (and only there). That is what it should be, since there is sampler button/dropdown list next to the effects, on each deck (default skin, 2 decks). But when I pressed either side, (with mouse, forget about the controller) it lits the other side and the sound is played through both channels. Stupid isn't is?

Inviato Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 6:33 pm
you could assign every sampler to the crossfader. So that if it is less then 50% The sampler volumes 1-4 are triggered. If the Fader is greater than 50.1%, Sampler volumes 5-8 are triggered.

I figured it out the mapping, but not sure if it's ok to post to non-licensed members?

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 12:25 am
Hi Jamey,

Yes, please go ahead and post. No licence users are treated exactly the same as everyone else on the forum.

Mapping scripts will only work with VDJ Pro.

Regards

Keith

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 3:45 am
@djsvetljo

I mapped out the Audio Crossfader to the following:

crossfader & param_greater 50% ? param_invert & param_multiply 200% & sampler 1 volume & sampler 2 volume & sampler 3 volume & sampler 4 volume : param_smaller 50% ? param_multiply 200% & sampler 5 volume & sampler 6 volume & sampler 7 volume &sampler 8 volume

Thanks for the suggestion.
Although it works, I think I will map the 1st deck samplers to channel one cross fader and 2nd deck samplers to channel 4.
Those channels are hardly used, so it might make more sense to do it that way (For Me).

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 6:35 am
Well the beauty of VDJ script is that you can customize the MC-6000 whichever way you want.

Keith

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 6:44 am
how is that going to solve my problem? Again, whenever i play a sampler with the mouse click on a single deck, it plays it on both channels. And with this mapping, the ampler will stop once i pass the middle of the crossfader?

Edit: One more thing, the volumes that we have on the Mc6000 for sampler Deck1 and sampler Deck2 (either the 2 knobs on top of Param1 and Param2 while in the sampler window, or Shift + EF4 knob) do exactly the same thing for me. I can not assign different volume levels, for the different decks.

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 8:09 am
What are your sound config settings? 2 deck or 4 deck?

Keith

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 9:11 am
2 decks internal mixer on the Mc6000 e.g. 2 channel External mixer in VDJ

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 9:18 am
65%