Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Samples on individual decks and DN-MC6000 sampler buttons - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Quote :
So how can I play Sample one on Deck 1 and Sample2 on Deck2?

This mapper setting does just that. Even when I use the mouse to trigger the sample, it still looks at the posistion of the crossfader on the mc6000.

If your sample loops, It doesn't stop. It continues to play until you hit the sample button again.
The volumes of the individual samples are raised and lowered depending on the position of the crossfader.

So yes, you shouldn't hear samples 5-8 when the crossfader is all the way to the left (Deck 1)
you shouldn't hear samples 1-4 when the crossfader ia ll the way to the right (Deck 2)

But they are still playing regardless of the crossfader position.

I've tried this in both internal and external modes and works the same.

Here's the mapper file I'v been working on.
---------------------------------------------

[MOD EDIT] Please do not share in public files regarding virtualdj plugins. If you need to share your work, please submit that here ... http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/upload.html
Link removed

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 11:00 am
Sorry, I did not realize this was a plugin. It's just mapper code... or so I thought.

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 1:31 pm
Hi Jamey,

For such a small modification to the code it's just better to post it in the forums so other users can incorporate it in their own mapper settings.

If you have done a complete rewrite of a controller mapping, you can upload it to this site however it would have to be accompanied with documentation detailing any specific changes to the default mapper so people would know the functionality of it.

Technically a mapper file is classed as a plugin because it contains VDJ programming code. As stated above, please don't post these to external sites.

Thank you

Keith

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 1:57 pm
Jamey, That should work almost perfect, but, one big BUT: Can you try the following, play a sampler on the left deck, then start the crossfader from the very left slowly towards the middle. Doesn't it get louder in the middle? I can not try it, but based on the script you provided, looks like it will act the way I am thinking. The reason again, is because both channels are outputing the sound for GOD knows what reason.

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 8:47 pm
no, doesn't get louder when the crossfader slowly goes to middle.

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 11:16 pm
hm, I managed to grab your mapper before they deleted the link. I just tried it with friend of mine's Pro version. Sorry to say it, but it does :(. It is louder in the middle and I can prove it to you with a video if you like. It works exactly as I thought, since if I turn down channel 2 fader, it works fine. Just to restate, when the cross fader is close to the middle (but not ,beyond) sound is louder, since sampler sound is still output through both channels. I am about to return my beautiful MC6000 because of buggy VDJ and go for Serato Video in March. I thought i'll get some support from officials inthis forum, but they stay quite. Jamey you are a good man.

Inviato Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 11:40 pm
To be fair, I was in your shoes. And had Serato been available with video on mc6000, I would have forgot about VDJ. But, I am patient and love the features you get here. They really are unsurpassed.

Also, be warned, Serato does not allow for many different video file types. Virtual DJ EXCELS at this... big time.
I DJ with a buddy who has it, and he drools over my setup (Video wise) Because Serato is very limited in this field.
I could go on forever....

But I totally understand were your coming from. It took me 2 years to come to buying VDJ.
The lack of excellent Tech support actually made me look at Serato harder.

I keep in mind that they try their best. But sometimes, we need to help one another as tech support can't always be there for us.

On to the MC6000. As of now, your not going to find a better mixer. Keep in mind this puppy doesn't need a computer. What other mixer does that for $600? Also keep in mind in 2012, Virtual DJ has been built from the ground up (In VDJ 8) It's coming right around the corner and I bet your gonna be happy with it. At least I hope I will be.

Back to your problem. I'm curious why you get louder in the middle.

I personally am using pc to mix, but have tried it in internal mode. Not a prob.

Do you want the same sampler volume from 0% to 50% on deck 1? and The same sampler volume from 51% to 100% on deck 2?
If so, that's not the code I wrote.

I wrote the code to max sampler volume at 100% in the middle, then fade out. Perhaps I misunderstood?

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 1:38 am
Also, to be fair to Virtual DJ,

I haven't found any 'Bugs' per say.

The one complaint I do have is the sound quality with master tempo enabled is not great (In conjunction with certain controllers / Cards).
Developers seem to believe it's the consumers computer not being powerful or optimized. I can assure them them it is not the case.
There have been multiple people complaining about this and the team is not acknowledging the problem correctly.... if at all.

I can reproduce it almost perfectly every time on all computers I have been on....
So, not too happy in that realm.

But at least I got a team member to see my computer using Team Viewer. They could see no spikes in latency.... but couldn't figure it out ;-(

But everything else seems peachy so far.

I'd say, hold on to the MC6000. For now, nothing else comes close for the price.

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 1:47 am
it's a beautiful piece of hardware, but only on theory. Playing with it for 5 days already and I have all sorts of problems. First, had the sound cracking Because I set up asio drivers 256 samples. Then it started to freeze with both ASIO and WDM drivers. In addition, its power supply does not have good electric loops isolation and more and more are coming up. I still like it though, but the lack of good software is disappointing.

Inviato Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 11:51 pm
I wish it was that easy...I need video

Inviato Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 12:11 am
djdad wrote :
Yes it is possible to have different sampler triggered on left and right deck of the MC6000, despite on how those buttons send midi signals.. Those sampler buttons can be mapped to do so, however your LE version is not allowing to customize your controller.
You will have to upgrade to Pro Full version at a discount http://www.virtualdj.com/products/oem.html

This will probably work. It will play sampler 1 for decks 1 and 3, and sampler 5 for decks 2 and 4
Map the sampler button 1 as ...

action_deck 1 ? sampler 1 play_stop : action_deck 2 ? sampler 5 play_stop : action_deck 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : action_deck 4 ? sampler 5 play_stop

THX this mapper cofig fun in deno hc 4500

Inviato Sat 03 Nov 18 @ 6:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)