Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: anyone seen this before? and how do i fix? - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ran video most of the night last night and only had pop-up twice and after reading some of the other threads, if i dropped a video or song on other deck when i had a freeze it immediantly started playing normally.\

and not to sidetrack, but does ayone know anything about using dual video cards? crossfire cards running at same time with vdj?

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 8:57 am
aggravation friday - this time tho i think it was my fault - new monitor and text2d not liking each other. ended up with "error in video driver" pop-up when i tried to de-activate video. hopeful i solved it.

as for the rest:

still get memory pop-up window but if i dump the track and load another (sometimes even the same) it goes away and the video in the active window starts playing normally . same if video is choppy and window doesnt come up - just load another.

pretty much tried everything mentioned in the thread and still have issues - gonna have geek squad bring in their toys for in-house fun and games (sorry Houde - boss not willing. wouldnt say why. probably so he can sue geeks if they break things. who knows.)

wish me luck. tonight gonna be a stresser.

Inviato Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 6:55 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
No offense taken, he paid for services and he should use them. Plus, I am really nobody to him... The problem is that geek squad dose not really uderstand our industry.

The only last bit of advice I can offer is to change the video card to a recommended one. I have read plenty of video issues on ATI & NVIDIA but there really only seems to be fixes for NVIDIA. I also found a thread that mentions using a Divix codec to help recording a video mix. Which my system could not do well at all. The Divix codecs really did help, perhaps they would help you too.

I would gather all the min specs for VDJ, controler and recommended video cards to show geek squad. Hopefully that will help them, help you. Good luck! You know how to reach me...

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 2:25 pm
divx and codec packs were among the things i made sure were up to date when first installing, so all good there.

new video card might have to be an option. going to discuss with boss tomorrow. really wish i knew enough about dual graphics card systems and if anyone in forums using them. that crossfire tech looks wicked!

last night not as bad as friday with the freezing up, but still some bad freezing/chopping with the video even when i added another track to the in-active deck.

and now for the good news...

and of course... always have a back up plan. "old reliable" ready on the left.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 4:18 pm
Wild, have you tried an OLDER video card driver like Scott has suggested?? I had this same issue awhile back and getting an older driver got rid of this issue for me!

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 10:54 pm
newest and oldest drivers, re-install of VDJ, tweaking with registry tool, short of buying another video card (maybe today?) we've run through quite a few permutations. we're gonna have the geek squad guy out again so he can physically look into it. everything under waranty so if worst comes to worst we can always get a new one i guess. just annoying is all.

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 8:37 am
half of one problem solved - and i had a huge "face-palm" moment because of it... guess who forgot to make sure directX was up to date/installed?

yup. and doing that also let me have back a bunch of videos for some reason. yay me.

not perfect yet, but still working. been running for 4 hours now and only 1 instance of the original memory issue popped up.

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 4:50 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Side note.. Looks like a fun place to spin!

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 8:07 am
been there since 98-99... has it's moments.

ran 3dmark benchmark test on monday - good diagnostic tool for video! let me know where performance was weak, and am now seriously thinking about spending for full version of it for further testing.

still working on getting rid of memory window pop-up. next step is amd/ati tech support phone call. might be having to buy different card after all.

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 9:43 pm
Quote :
Can anybody tell me if a can fix the "freeze" problem with MSI 6770 (PCI-Express, GDDR5, 1GB)
I run Win7 32b (2 core cpu) in a Desktop Pc
I try a lot of thinks with Registry tool (videomemmaxuse: 312, 348,384 ... try to check or unchecked other things ) , i try a different Driver from ATI, I try vdj 6.0.7 and vdj 7.0.5b
But the video freeze!!!
If deck A freeze and then i load a new video on deck B then everything is ok , until make the mix and then Deck B freeze...and so on

Vga card is new and i wonder if anybody here has the same Vga ?

If there is no solution for this card, please tell me 2-3 vga card that working fine and off course it must be new model, so i can find now in market here in Greece.

Sorry for my bad English
Best Regards
Paul

found this here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/120697/Music_Video_Discussion/_DEBUG__Video_Freeze_Problem.html and the deck freeze issues is one of the issues we're also having but havent found a solution other than what he used, and still have the other issues on-going.

monday i am going to try to screen capture or video capture behavior and system memory usage graphs in "real-time" - we looked at some of it at the end of the night thursday and saw thing that were a bit confusing, and hard to put in words...

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 2:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)