Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Importing Serato Cue points to VDJ? - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Started but drew a blank, ideally I'd need quite a data set to help me out, 2 different tracks both with all 5 cues at the very start of both tracks, a track with cues at 1,2,3,4&5 seconds, The more well documented examples the easier it should be.
How many colours can you mark a track?, examples of each colour, I kind of enjoyed trying even though it was only a small shuffle forward, give me more data and I'll keep trying.

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 7:30 pm
ya know if its stored in the file the cues go with the file where ever it goes not such a bad idea shame that vdj can't do both or let you choose which ever you prefer cause i for one would prefer the tags :-)

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 8:39 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't really prefer tags, but I would like to use the ones written into the VJ-Pro videos that I get. Just wish I could read them...

So on that note, let's see what I can do about helping get the data for the greater good! You just need that data right? I live on the East Coast, USA and can colaborate over Goto meeting if you want. I work in IT, just no coding knowledge. But I do have a dev team that may be able to help contribute. Will Pm with tag data set the way you asked asap.

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 8:51 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
locodog wrote :
Started but drew a blank, ideally I'd need quite a data set to help me out, 2 different tracks both with all 5 cues at the very start of both tracks, a track with cues at 1,2,3,4&5 seconds, The more well documented examples the easier it should be.
How many colours can you mark a track?, examples of each colour, I kind of enjoyed trying even though it was only a small shuffle forward, give me more data and I'll keep trying.

Serato software is free - you can download and create the cue points yourself - serato dj has 8 cue points..

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 12:20 am
I was under the impression that serato needed hardware to play?

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 2:54 am
you can set cues and stuff but u can really do much else without a controller

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 4:11 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
locodog wrote :
I was under the impression that serato needed hardware to play?

You get a basic offline player + browser. But you can play tracks and set your cue points and loops points + analyze your tracks - when you plug in the hardware - then you get the circular decks.

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 11:12 am
I'll have a look, very busy atm but when some down time occurs, I'll have a play.

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 3:09 pm
I have the data you asked for but having some problems exporting it to text file, using MP3 tag... Had some other PC issues and will have another go at exporting the tag tomorrow.

Inviato Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 10:17 pm
Great stuff, I didn't really fancy figuring the ins and outs of serato and which one etc etc.
Looking forward at trying to break it

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 9:28 pm
Sent you a PM with my email

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 6:56 pm
I don't think I can get PM's send me a pm via soundcloud (my profile page here will lead you there)
Because forum rules wouldn't let me share my email address which has been removed as I shared it anyway

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 8:34 pm
Bah bureaucracy!, If you post your email (broken up in some way so bots can't harvest it) I'll jot it down and then delete the comment.

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 9:24 am
Thanks, will send tonight.

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:18 am
Email sent, your post on the wall deleted.

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 12:03 pm
Public update
Something that looks very much like a break through, I believe I've isolated cue data & know how to read it, there's some blind testing yet to do to prove the theory but it isn't that complicated,

Inviato Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 9:33 pm
That's awesome bro!!

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 6:50 am
Wow great news

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 8:55 am
Once I've proven the theory I'll work out the decoding rules and hand the info over to atomix. (I am not willing to risk making a program that edits database.xml, I'll leave that to the pros)
BUT I haven't touched saved loops nor track colours yet.
Saved loops can't be much different to cues, colours I don't know anything about (I should install serato myself, but don't really want to)
If VDJ staff would like me to keep quiet about further stuff, (because serato is always watching!) send me an email.

Inviato Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 9:18 am
Scot if you're about and still have the serato cues set for the V2 code you posted (page 1) in this thread
Could you confirm or deny these were the times, allowing for rounding of the first d.p.
0.242s
7.927s
15.837s
211.441s 3m31.441s

Inviato Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 12:06 pm
63%