Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: User profiles and sessions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i was wondering if you fine people at VDJ would consider two possible features

1. user profiles

a way to save your settings for certain tasks,
for example : i have two different controllers i may want to have the VDJ general settings optimised for each controller and a quick way to change betweeen the two.

2. sessions

lets say for some reason , i need to shut down virtual DJ in the middle of a gig but i do not want to lose all o the information pertaining to the songs i have played up until that point, it would be nice if there was a way to save the "session" and re-open it again and carry on from where i left off.

an auto-save feature would perhaps be useful also in the unlikely event of a software crash mid-gig. ( had a software crash recently , it was due to a faulty USB cable)

thanks and keep up the great work
VDJ for life ! :)

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 5:22 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have a tool in the download section that implements profiles :)

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 6:43 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
..."Session Save" is a good feature to have if poosible, I have this feature in my Hoster karaoke program which has saved me many times through the years of "Brain shortcircuit", trying to reconstruct and remembering a play list on the fly under presssure...

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 12:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What do you mean by Session Save ? History files can be renamed and used if that is what u need.

[EDIT] Ok, saw the explanation in the original post. Got it.

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 12 @ 2:25 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
It would be nice for the Playlist window to auto save on a close like that. That way I don't have to find all my saved requests again.

Not that VDJ has crashed on me... Guess I have been pretty lucky!

Inviato Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 1:31 pm
@ DJdad "Session Save" at reqular intervals since you couldn't know when something bad is going to happen..

@ DHoude Make a folder with "Requested Songs", then a subfolder for each venue you play in, this way you're covered anywhere you play...

You can also make one for yourself..

Good Luck,

Joey....

Inviato Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 10:42 pm
+1 on session saves

It would be good to highlight anything played in the last 12 hours in orange, and anything in the current session as red...

I personally am not a fan of having user definable colours to for each track as it would make the library look like a rainbow and be more distracting than anything, but implementation like this makes sense and serves a purpose. I would also like the entire column colored not just the small icon to the left as has been requested in the past.

Inviato Mon 13 Aug 12 @ 10:51 pm
Not sure if I agree with you on the "user define" color statement, Colors are more quickly and easily recognized and people generally would enjoy this option to define... their own color scheme.. that is best suited to their needs, though I do agree with you on the "rainbow" statement, so making this feature set limited to just X amount of colors would help minimize that concern..

Inviato Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 8:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)