Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Yeah, I hope for their sake it's ready!! But it's just so strange- massive DJ show 3 weeks before launch- surely that'd be prime time to show it off?!

In all seriousness I know VDJ couldn't just step in like that, but you never know... Vci400 was meant to come with Serato DJ intro, but the software only about 4 months after the controller actually came out lol!! :-)

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 12 @ 4:48 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The Pioneer controller really looks good and seems to have just about all the bases covered but I want to wait and see what the others like Numark, Vestax and so on will come out with.

Patience is a virtue.

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 2:34 pm
The Pioneer looks almost perfect , if only it had a dedicated mic section instead of sharing a fader with two of the music faders. Its unbelievable how so many companies neglect the imortance of a good mic input with seperate volme and eq on their controllers. Such a shame this got so close but still so far away from being what i need, apart from the obvious fact that its made for serato lol. Would be amazing if Pioneer did a version of this and developed it with vdj to produce something similar for us.
It certainly looks like things are really starting to take a step forward in the controller department and cannot wait to see what is available at the time of the launch of virtual dj 8. Speaking of which i would love to get the new default skin in the next update so we could get an idea of how it will look , love what i am seeing so far. Big fan of the software.

Inviato Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 11:19 pm
take what you already have and link in a controler that can do anything. Add a peice like the apc 40 and then get the mapping and have all the features in that plus 50 more.. The thing about all this is that the sky is the limit as there is unlimited controlers that can be linked together.. Next Is 4 pages of 70 plugins as you make multi pages with clips and mulit page browsers. Think of it like this. Audio , one page. all the buttons and dials, the next page all video effects , the next page what ever you want. My pages are going to be like this orange buttons mean that its video effects. Green buttons will be audio, red is samples and then blinking means the effect is on. Then add the dials and extra buttons you have unlimited with out spending 1000$ and you still have ableton with it too to make it rewired and midi assign..

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 12:59 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Well this thing is out and some folks already got em in their hands. I am ready to sell my NS6 and buy this thing, however, the question is, will there be native support for VDJ for this???

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 8:42 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 9:20 am
xcakid wrote :
Well this thing is out and some folks already got em in their hands. I am ready to sell my NS6 and buy this thing, however, the question is, will there be native support for VDJ for this???

From everything I've read on the Serato forums , just buy two Akai LDP8's and you'll have the something.

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 9:30 am

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 10:36 am
So it's a no no for the moment then I guess.

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 10:47 am
almost anything can be mapped. I have done things with midi tools that would blow your mind. I mapped a motion bar to virtual dj...

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 10:58 am
Yeah, the buttons and LEDs are easy to do, it's the platters that benefit from Pioneer and Atomix working out a solution.

Keith

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 11:24 am
yk23 wrote :
I stopped using audio CDs 7 or 8 years ago.
-David

7 or 8 years ago, is that all.

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:00 pm
1999 for me ..... I still have a stack of 8 speed blank discs I never used after moving to PCDJ.

Seems so long ago now!

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:03 pm
Lol, I just thru away a load of blanks. I mean what am I going to use them for.

I've now been DJing digitally as I had been playing from Vinyl and CD.

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:08 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
groovindj wrote :
It will definitely affect sales of the Denon MC-6000 that's for sure.

Probably, however Denon must be working on something to replace the MC-6000 by now, it's been out since December 2010!

Keith

I'm waiting patiently, I hope they don't take the pi$$ by releasing anymore junk.

These companies like to milk it though, I mean the RMX was 4 years before it got updated.

Wouldn't be so bad but these products are pretty crap to start with.

I got old waiting, I've seen kids grow up.

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:13 pm
The HC-4500 is still on sale and it came out about 4 years ago if not longer. Great robust peice of kit though!

Charlie Wilson wrote :
I got old waiting, I've seen kids grow up.

:)

Keith

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:45 pm
nice controller from pioneer!

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 12:53 pm
DJRAVEMPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Eamon Ryan wrote :
The Pioneer looks almost perfect , if only it had a dedicated mic section instead of sharing a fader with two of the music faders. Its unbelievable how so many companies neglect the imortance of a good mic input with seperate volme and eq on their controllers. Such a shame this got so close but still so far away from being what i need, apart from the obvious fact that its made for serato lol. Would be amazing if Pioneer did a version of this and developed it with vdj to produce something similar for us.
It certainly looks like things are really starting to take a step forward in the controller department and cannot wait to see what is available at the time of the launch of virtual dj 8. Speaking of which i would love to get the new default skin in the next update so we could get an idea of how it will look , love what i am seeing so far. Big fan of the software.

I agree!

I have the Denon MC-6000 and I like it a lot. However, my DJM-5000 feels and sounds much more quality. I wish Pioneer would come out with a full 4 channel mixer/controller with all the features of the DJM-5000 geared more for VDJ and mobile DJs. The effects on the mics and dedicated mic inputs are very nice if you are a mobile at a wedding and need to support toasts and a singer or two. The sonic maximizer built in is very nice too. Especially if you use powered speakers and don't want have another piece of equipment to hook up or rack mout.

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 9:30 am
I guess no mapper yet ???????????????

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 8:25 pm
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think I have decided to wait a few months to get this. One, prices may drop. Two, VDJ native support (possibly with VDJ8)

But I will definitely be pick one up. This thing is a beast.

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 11:48 am
21%