Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Eamon Ryan wrote :
[/quote]

I wish Pioneer would come out with a full 4 channel mixer/controller with all the features of the DJM-5000 geared more for VDJ and mobile DJs. The effects on the mics and dedicated mic inputs are very nice if you are a mobile at a wedding and need to support toasts and a singer or two. The sonic maximizer built in is very nice too. Especially if you use powered speakers and don't want have another piece of equipment to hook up or rack mout.

Unfortunately real DJing isn't cool enough to invest in, it's all about big jog wheels!

Those DJM5000 mixers are lovely, used in conjunction with a DN-HC4500.

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 4:35 pm
@Atomix teamers

Is there posibility to get Pioneer WeGo definition and mapp file? It will help me with DDJ-SX Mapping.
Thank you Tomas.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 4:35 am
The Ergo, WeGo and Aero are all native in VDJ now.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 4:54 am
WeGo mapping is already built in to V7.2

Keith

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 4:55 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I also try to make a definition file for the DDJ SX but it's not an easy task every button knob has at least 8 midi notes depending on deck and shift command. That the Ergo and WeGo are already in VDJ is not helping much if we need the definition files for them.

Just the play button has 2 midi notes 1 for normal press and 1 for shift press in 4 midi channels.
The pads each have press + Shift press for each 4 channels (thats 8 notes) depending in what mode your in (Hot cue/Roller/slicer/sampler)
the sampler has 4 groups thats another 9 midi notes per pad. so in sampler mode alone are 72 note per channel or 288 midi notes.
So to get everything to work is on H of a task but with a perfect definition file there is almost no limit what could be don't with this controller.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 5:33 am
Native mappings are not available separately unless the manufacturer authorises and agrees to this.

This is only usually the case when a new controller is released that is not natively supported yet in the full VirtualDJ Pro and the manufacturer wants Pro users to be able to download and use it prior to the next update of Pro.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 5:47 am
The amount of the available MIDI commands is NOT a problem. Pioneer went the "right" way with this unit. All the "shifts" and "panels" are hardcoded on the firmware and they send different midi messages. That's a nice touch since you will be able to write "simpler" commands.
For instance you won't have to query if "SHIFT" is pressed, nor if the selected mode is "Sampler", "Slicer" e.t.c. You'll just have different "virtual" buttons to map!

I was tempted to create a definition file for this device when I saw the MIDI chart. However since I don't own the unit and I can't test it (especially the jogs) I decided not to proceed...

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 5:59 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The amount of the available MIDI commands is NOT a problem. Pioneer went the "right" way with this unit. All the "shifts" and "panels" are hardcoded on the firmware and they send different midi messages. That's a nice touch since you will be able to write "simpler" commands.
For instance you won't have to query if "SHIFT" is pressed, nor if the selected mode is "Sampler", "Slicer" e.t.c. You'll just have different "virtual" buttons to map!

I was tempted to create a definition file for this device when I saw the MIDI chart. However since I don't own the unit and I can't test it (especially the jogs) I decided not to proceed...

I do agree that it's the best way to build a controller, but is a big task to go trough all commands and make definition file there are more then 1000 commands to define, for someone that has never done it before it's not easy. I really want to do it

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 6:59 am
I still prefer that mapping shifts is all done in the software, that way you can get feedback from the software the moment the shift is enabled if you want to change a skin panel or trigger a light sequence. It may be a little harder for the uninitiated but much more powerful for not much extra effort.

and that mapping image is stupid... the numbers on the image are not the messages you need to use, they're just references for the table..

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 7:18 am
@synthet1c hehe but if all midi messages were put on the image you would not see the controller :D 4 midi messages per button/knob and 500+ messages for each pad.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 7:28 am
synthet1c wrote :
I still prefer that mapping shifts is all done in the software, that way you can get feedback from the software the moment the shift is enabled if you want to change a skin panel or trigger a light sequence. It may be a little harder for the uninitiated but much more powerful for not much extra effort.

The shift button (and all the other "shift/panel" buttons) send midi codes too...
So you can actually map the shift button as usual but let the hardware handle the rest...

synthet1c wrote :

and that mapping image is stupid... the numbers on the image are not the messages you need to use, they're just references for the table..

It's not a mapping image. It's a reference image. They could just give you the table without the image!

PS: Yes it's hard, but all this info is not meant for the heart fainted. It's meant for programmers or power users. The average user normally would never need to take a look at this table. After all he buys a controller with bundled software which works out of the box.

Same rule applies for VirtualDJ too. The fact that VirtualDJ gives you the ability to define and map a custom controller doesn't mean that it's something the average user would do. The average user should wait until the unit becomes supported natively.
Also the average user is ALWAYS advised to buy a controller that's supported natively.

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 8:24 am
OK to help me and others get a better understanding of how Atomix goes about mapping a controller, is it just a matter of having the controller?? So could i just send my controller to Chris or even you Phantom or am i missing something here??

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 9:38 am
kradcliffe wrote :
WeGo mapping is already built in to V7.2

Keith

Yes i know. But when you connect DdjSx, Vdj automaticly jumps in Ddj We Go midi mode. For that i need to see Ddj We Go definition file.
Regards Tomas

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 9:52 am
That great news :-)

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 12:53 pm
Tjeck1972 wrote :
That great news :-)

whats grate news :D I saw SBDJ had posted last but his post is hidden so I don't know the good news :(

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 2:13 pm
the hidden stuff was unrelated to the DDJ-SX unfortunately

Inviato Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 4:06 pm
Any news?

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 7:02 am
Here is something we can start with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<device name="PIONEER DDJ-SX" author="Atomix" decks="2" type="MIDI" sysexid="F07E7F060200207908E4" drivername="PIONEER DDJ-SX">

<button note="0x0B" name="PLAY/PAUSE" channel="1" deck="1"/>
<led note="0x0B" name="LED_PLAY/PAUSE" channel="1" deck="1"/>
<button note="0x0C" name="CUE" channel="1" deck="1"/>
<led note="0x0C" name="LED_CUE" channel="1" deck="1"/>
<button note="0x36" name="JOG_TOUCH" channel="1" deck="1"/>
<jog cc="0x23" full="0x3F" zero="0x41" name="JOG" channel="1" deck="1"/>

<button note="0x0B" name="PLAY/PAUSE" channel="2" deck="2"/>
<led note="0x0B" name="LED_PLAY/PAUSE" channel="2" deck="2"/>
<button note="0x0C" name="CUE" channel="2" deck="2"/>
<led note="0x0C" name="LED_CUE" channel="2" deck="2"/>
<button note="0x36" name="JOG_TOUCH" channel="2" deck="2"/>
<jog cc="0x23" full="0x3F" zero="0x41" name="JOG" channel="2" deck="2"/>

<button note="0x0B" name="PLAY/PAUSE" channel="3" deck="3"/>
<led note="0x0B" name="LED_PLAY/PAUSE" channel="3" deck="3"/>
<button note="0x0C" name="CUE" channel="3" deck="3"/>
<led note="0x0C" name="LED_CUE" channel="3" deck="3"/>
<button note="0x36" name="JOG_TOUCH" channel="3" deck="3"/>
<jog cc="0x23" full="0x3F" zero="0x41" name="JOG" channel="3" deck="3"/>

<button note="0x0B" name="PLAY/PAUSE" channel="4" deck="4"/>
<led note="0x0B" name="LED_PLAY/PAUSE" channel="4" deck="4"/>
<button note="0x0C" name="CUE" channel="4" deck="4"/>
<led note="0x0C" name="LED_CUE" channel="4" deck="4"/>
<button note="0x36" name="JOG_TOUCH" channel="4" deck="4"/>
<jog cc="0x23" full="0x3F" zero="0x41" name="JOG" channel="4" deck="4"/>
</device>

Thanx Gullum

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 4:34 pm
Tjeck1972 wrote :
Here is something we can start with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<device name="PIONEER DDJ-SX" author="Atomix" decks="2" type="MIDI" sysexid="F07E7F060200207908E4" drivername="PIONEER DDJ-SX">

change that part to decks="4" I was using the VMS4 mapping as a referance and it was only 2 decks

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 5:07 pm
So device is known in VDJ, but it still long way.....

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 5:37 pm
29%