Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This controller will be awesome if mapped to VDJ8 (Pioneer DDJ-SX) - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 6:26 am
there is still a few issues I came across with the mapper for virtual dj one being the light on the jog wheels messed up alot and before i start virtual dj i have to click the vinyl button on the controller OFF then start vdj and click it ON so I can scratch. If you just plug in and start vdj with the vinyl button on it will NOT go into vinyl mode and you cant switch it. If there is anything I can do to help with this please let me know and shoot me a email ( flyhiphop@yahoo.com ) to get this controller to work cause I LOVE IT but wont use it out at gigs till its mapped to vdj :)

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 6:44 am
Great news phanton. This is why vdj software and dj community
Is the best
Thank u Now i know what im shopping for this weekend

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 6:56 am
Have you switched the unit to "Other than Serato" mode ?

PS:
When you power up the unit (without any software connected) the jogs are in vinyl or cd mode?

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 6:58 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
this is grate now I don't have to finish my definition file :D

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 7:02 am
saw you fixed the jog issue and yes i had it in other software mode! thanks for the crazy quick fix! Any idea what is up with the jog wheel lights spazing out at times???

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:36 am
The jog lights are controlled by the hardware of the unit...
I DON'T OWN a unit and I can't perform several tests on it as I would like in order to be able to iron it out. :(

BTW: You should also download the PDF manual and read it... Besides the functions explanation, it also explains some things :)

Thanks!

PS: I updated the mapper to V 1.0.1 This version should fix the jog issues some users had with V1.0

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:48 am
Oh and BTW:
The definition file of the unit is 2000 lines of code (Yes 2K).
The mapper file has 405 elements mapped while the total amount of possible items is about 500!!!

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:52 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
wow! I know you just made some Pioneer/VDJ fans happy. Good job!

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 6:53 pm
I can't hear the mix on the master cue which is the correct setting of the sound card? thanks!!!

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 8:19 pm
I'm using it right now so far is going well, just try to fix he problem with master cue, when you press the master cue your hear both decks and you can't do anything to control this option, even when you engage the cue buttoms. Great Phantom Serato dj was driving me crazy ;)

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 8:31 pm
Once the mapper is fully functional and no more issues for this controller. I will order the unit right away!
Thanks PhantomDeejay for the hardwork to make all of this possible. Please keep us updated with the mapper. Thanks!

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 10:27 pm
I played tonight for 5 hours no crashes !!!! ;) sound is great has more gain than Serato nice!!! Loving the mapping, the master cue issue, you can fixed if you press on the right deck shift and the master cue buttom and start working flawless, samples area: make sure that after you press the pad, control the gain from the mixer.
Roll and slice they work ok not like in Serato, Grat job Phamton. I survived the night!!!! ;)

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 12:17 am
mariosoriaec wrote :
I played tonight for 5 hours no crashes !!!! ;) sound is great has more gain than Serato nice!!! Loving the mapping, the master cue issue, you can fixed if you press on the right deck shift and the master cue buttom and start working flawless, samples area: make sure that after you press the pad, control the gain from the mixer.
Roll and slice they work ok not like in Serato, Grat job Phamton. I survived the night!!!! ;)

Did you test your SX in the gig? Glad to hear it didn't crashed, that's risky haha! Now, I am more excited to get to get this unit.
Good Job Phantom!

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 7:49 pm
Yes, the Ddj Sx third night in a row, working perfect, just make you engage the non Serato mode on the mixer, see manual page 26.

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 4:14 pm

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 4:17 pm
Very nice indeed :)

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 4:28 pm
were you getting a weird thing with the platter light bugging out???

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 5:34 pm
Sometimes, but i know that an update is coming soon, so far it works really smooth.

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 6:37 pm
ok awesome just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one, i been working with phantom on trying to fix it but since he doesn't own on it's nice to know im not alone

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 7:39 pm
36%