Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bars and VU meters (mapping)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
is there any way i can have a bar light up depending on a variable.

i havent tested this but maybe it might portay what im trying to do.

on whatever is setting the variable
param cast 'percentage' & set var '$VarName'

and on the bar
get var '$VarName'

this is just an idea, and if you cant understand what im convey, just say so and ill try to do a better job at describing it.

Inviato Thu 06 Dec 12 @ 7:20 pm
sup techie..

it's a workaround but, if you don't use the sampler you could associate the sampler volume with the variable then query the state of the sampler volume.. come to think of it if you do use the sampler you could probably associate the led bar with an effect you don't use. As in you could get a random vst effect and use the sliders position with the LED bar which would be much more unobtrusive.

to map it it would be

thing that changes the variable

set 'my_var' 1 & effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 7%
set 'my_var' 2 & effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 17%
set 'my_var' 3 & effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 27%
set 'my_var' 4 & effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 37%
set 'my_var' 5 & effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 47%
set 'my_var' 6 & effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 57%

then on the bar

effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 7% ? doSomething : effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 17% ? doSomethingElse : effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 27% ? doAnotherThing : effect "myRandomEffect" slider 1 37% ? youGetTheIdea : etc....

You would need to divide 100 by however many leds in the bar to get the percentage amount between the bars

hope that helps ;-)

Inviato Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 2:14 am
you genius, you mad genius.
take that to the next level and use the higher number decks so lets say deck 90 volume, i dont see how or why somebody in their right mind would be using those decks.

also i updated the S4 mapper to have chained effects knobs, props to you for the inspiration.

Inviato Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 2:46 am
Another option is to set your variable to the number of LED elements that you want to light up (E.g: 0 - 10 for a bar that has 10 LED's) and then query this to return the correct value using get constant, e.g:

Map the bar to the following:

var_equal 'my_var' 1 ? get constant 0.1 : var_equal 'my_var' 2 ? get constant 0.2 : var_equal 'my_var' 3 ? get constant 0.3 : var_equal 'my_var' 4 ? get constant 0.4 : var_equal 'my_var' 5 ? get constant 0.5 : var_equal 'my_var' 6 ? get constant 0.6 : var_equal 'my_var' 7 ? get constant 0.7 : var_equal 'my_var' 8 ? get constant 0.8 : var_equal 'my_var' 9 ? get constant 0.9 : var_equal 'my_var' 10 ? get constant 1.0 : get constant 0.0

Now when you set my_var to a value between 0 and 10, the appropriate number of LED's will illuminate.

NOTE: If the bar has more or less LED's than 10, then you will need to update the fractions above appropriately. get constant requires a value between 0.0 (0%) and 1.0 (100%). E.g: For a bar with just 4 LED's you would use:

var_equal 'my_var' 1 ? get constant 0.25 : var_equal 'my_var' 2 ? get constant 0.5 : var_equal 'my_var' 3 ? get constant 0.75 : var_equal 'my_var' 4 ? get constant 1.0 : get constant 0.0

Inviato Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 4:37 am
solved using a simplified version hard coded for 16 LED's

$var is a value between 1 and 16
get var '$var' & param_multiply 0.0625
works a treat and can be modified to have as many LED's as you like as long as you change the numbers appropriately.

Inviato Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 4:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)