Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 12

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Inviato Sun 05 May 13 @ 7:45 pm
Support staff wrote :
All Hercules controllers are supported in v7.4

Nothing has changed in the way they work, so if it was not working correctly then there may be some other problem. Please also note that by default VirtualDJ skips silence at the beginning of a song once it has finished loading (Or jumps to the first cue point if this is set.) This can be turned off in VurtualDJ's options.

thanks ill re-download and see ..and go to a new forum and see if i can get a some help if it still happen (so i don't hi jack this one)
for 7.4 should it delete the older ver. or will it even matter

Inviato Sun 05 May 13 @ 7:59 pm

Inviato Mon 06 May 13 @ 6:44 pm
NrgPlyrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anybody know why the program seems to freeze and have issues when the colored waveforms are on??? The issue is 100% isolated to that...
Yes the resolution is right...
The computer is good to go....

Thoughts??

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:02 am
Also, is Virtual EVER going to add an "analyzed file" feature like Serato or Traktor use, so the physical song doesn't have to go through its full loading analyzation every time you load it??? Hopefully somebody knows what I'm talking about....

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:04 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You could anailyze your files when you first import them like most of us do, or you could right click a file that hasn't been analyzed choose Re-analyze file option,.. and you can also highlight a batch of files and analyze all at once. There are all these options for you to get your task accomplished.

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:31 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
You could anailyze your files when you first import them like most of us do, or you could right click a file that hasn't been analyzed choose Re-analyze file option,.. and you can also highlight a batch of files and analyze all at once. There are all these options for you to get your task accomplished.

Yea figured I confused people there... My files are all analyzed. I have the time, bpm etc. What Serato / Traktor does is actually store the waveform data so it all doesn't have to be loaded by the processor when you load the track like VDJ does. The waveform instantly comes up after songs are analyzed. Wanted to know why this isn't in VDJ yet...

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 10:37 am
NrgPlyr wrote :
Also, is Virtual EVER going to add an "analyzed file" feature like Serato or Traktor use, so the physical song doesn't have to go through its full loading analyzation every time you load it??? Hopefully somebody knows what I'm talking about....

What you see when you load a track on decks several times is not a re-analyzation. VirtualDj is showing you the progress of the song loading and been decompressed to RAM.
After the waveform fills you can even disconnect the drive that holds the song and VDJ will keep playing the file until the end!

The only thing that gets re-calculated each time is the gain of the track if you have set it to "Auto" inside the settings.
Other than that tracks get analyzed automatically ONLY THE FIRST TIME you load them on a deck ;)

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 10:42 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
NrgPlyr wrote :

What you see when you load a track on decks several times is not a re-analyzation. VirtualDj is showing you the progress of the song loading and been decompressed to RAM.
After the waveform fills you can even disconnect the drive that holds the song and VDJ will keep playing the file until the end!

The only thing that gets re-calculated each time is the gain of the track if you have set it to "Auto" inside the settings.
Other than that tracks get analyzed automatically ONLY THE FIRST TIME you load them on a deck ;)

Well then that is the issue I am speaking about... There has to be somebody in this forum who knows what I am talking about... Let's forget the word "analyze" for a minute then. Possibly it is waveform storage? Ok so all 3 software pre analyze files, ok I get that. VDJ when you drop a file on to a deck loads, the whole waveform loads up, you can see it happening. In Serato/Traktor this does not happen. The whole form is pre stored as well and the whole waveform pops up 100% complete upon dropping it on to the deck, no loading. Does this explain it better or is it still confusing? If you have one of the other programs, try it and see what I mean...

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 11:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ does not and will not use 'overlays' as portrayed in other products. There is no 'performance' increase that you can expect to gain. Nor any access advantages when you go to use the track.

As explained above, what you are seeing is the actual progress of the track being loaded to memory for playback. It doesn't stop you from jumping ahead. And if you click further in the waveform or access a cue point that is further in the waveform - then the waveform 'drawing' will carry-on from that point forward then come back to get what yet needs to be drawn.

So, it doesn't keep you from accessing the track and you don't gain any performance capability; hence, no need to ADD a performance issue by loading files or eat up storage by writing unnecessary files to your hardware.

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 12:30 pm
I get what your saying but like others have said the song is already analyzed so to me seeing the waveform build doesn't mean anything, as soon as I drop a track on a deck I CAN immediately start playing that track just like Serato or Traktor. As long as you've analyzed your tracks who cares what the waveform is doing??
Is this creating a problem for you in some way or are tourist used to the other software's way of doing things??

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 12:33 pm
I agree with what's been said above, it's a non issue. All software loads the track from the HDD to the RAM in exactly the same time so there's no advantage in the waveform being there instantly.

On a decent system it only takes a couple of seconds for a track to load anyway!

Keith

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 12:53 pm
Let's try and put this another way.

All DJ software has to physically take the file and load it in to memory (actually even CDJ's do this - and if memory serves you see the wave build on them right?) - anyhoo... What VDJ does is show the progress of this track loading, they could just show the waveform straight away, but they choose to give you a "progress bar" as the track loads.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Fri 10 May 13 @ 3:44 pm
I prefer the progress bar personally... It lets me know when it is safe to add some stress to the CPU. I never use any VST's while loading a track, but like keith said... it only takes a couple of seconds

Inviato Sat 11 May 13 @ 2:00 am
Progress bar will also show you if a track fails to load fully before you make an ass out of yourself to your audience. I too prefer to "watch it load".

Inviato Mon 13 May 13 @ 1:36 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just to add my 2 cent here, if the track adds a previous representation of the waveform, what good would that do if something goes wrong with the track?

Above all else, this scenario will put this feature in the "Use at your Own Risk" pile, I would prefer a Real Time Representation of the wave form...

Inviato Mon 13 May 13 @ 6:41 pm
Seriously? Are we moaning about how tracks load now?
Like it has been stated, if Virtual DJ saved waveforms for each track seperately it would eat up valuable hard drive space. Also if it displayed that waveform but the actual files was corrupt half way through causing the file to stop playing what use is that waveform then?
Maybe for those people that can't understand this we should offer a special version that show a loading audio file into memory progress bar until the file has been loaded then display the waveform.
I cannot understand why you are complaining about Virtual DJ, you are obviously not happy with serato or traktor otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Inviato Wed 15 May 13 @ 4:35 pm
Hooray! Numark finally passed 7.4 for Cue! Been putting it through the paces with my MC6000 and everything is perfect so far!

Inviato Sun 19 May 13 @ 4:42 pm
djmidz wrote :
hey guys does anyone know when the firmware update for the denon sc3900 to work natively is gonna be available.. can't wait to try them full MIDI

Have you tried the decks on MIDI djmidz? What are your thoughts on the performance, can you compare it to another software, Traktor, Serato, etc?

Just asking.

Inviato Tue 21 May 13 @ 1:16 pm
june is near i hope the version 8 will be out haha

Inviato Mon 27 May 13 @ 3:40 am
74%