Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Custom Cue Labels

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been requested in the past, but is there any chance of adding the ability to add custom labels to cue points in tracks?

So, Cue Point 1 could be labelled 'Bass Drops Here', Cue Point 2 could read 'Vocals Enter Here', Cue Point 3 could read 'Fade out here', etc... The cue points need only display the label in a tooltip when you hover your mouse over it in the waveform display. Right clicking a cue point should give the option to add/edit a label.

Additionally, change the functionality of Cue Points so that they are stored in the file itself, rather than the database (Maybe in the 'Comments' section of the ID3 tag). That way, if the database is ever lost, or reset, you will not only still see all your old Cue Points, but you will also be able to see what they refer to.

Don't know how feasible that all is, but I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on whether you would find this a useful feature, and if it could be introduced at some point in future...?

Inviato Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 4:57 pm
djnanite wrote :
Right clicking a cue point should give the option to add/edit a label.

You should give it a try some time - you might find it works. :-)

Inviato Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 6:07 pm
you can also do it in your mapping....

if you want a text box to appear that allows you to name a cue point you can use

cue_name 1

or if you want to hard code in the name and cue to a button

cue_name 1 'Bass Drops Here'
cue_name 2 'Vocals Enter Here'

mine are called [start, drop, breakdown, main, mixout]

then in a lot of the skins made in the last year you can see the cue names by right clicking the text or just code it in yourself to have that functionality.

Inviato Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 1:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above this has been possible for a long time :)

Inviato Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 9:56 am
Oh wow! I must have misclicked on the cue points - I've never noticed that before.

Haha! Sorry guys. Thanks for your help.

Inviato Sat 22 Jun 13 @ 2:07 am
RTFM ..... ha ha :)

Inviato Sat 22 Jun 13 @ 4:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)