Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping FFW/RWD

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on how to map a button to fast forward by four regular beats (as well as rewind)? I'd like to cycle through tracks without losing the time. I have a Denon DJ MC300 if that makes any difference.

Quite new to the whole mapping scene as I've just been using the stock mappings for a while.

Many thanks

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 1:13 pm
903djPRO InfinityMember since 2012
the_smelly_smurf wrote :
Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on how to map a button to fast forward by four regular beats (as well as rewind)? I'd like to cycle through tracks without losing the time. I have a Denon DJ MC300 if that makes any difference.

Quite new to the whole mapping scene as I've just been using the stock mappings for a while.

Many thanks

From the VDJscript verbs in VirtualDJ page.

Looks like goto is what you want to use

goto : change the position in the song. 'goto +10ms' jumps 10ms forward. 'goto -4' jumps 4 beats backward. 'goto 20%' goes at 20% of the song's length.

So for your example you'd want 2 buttons or one button mapped with a shift function to toggle FWD/RWD to:

For forward 4 beats use:

goto +4

And for reverse 4 beats use:

goto -4

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 2:13 pm
almost....

If you are using a midi device you will also need to use 'repeat' to repeat the action at a set interval as long as you have the button pressed

repeat 100ms & goto +4
repeat 100ms & goto -4

you can also include a delay before the button will start repeating with another parameter eg.

repeat 100ms 500ms & goto +4

This will work the first time you hit the button, but will pause for half a second before repeating the action every tenth of a second.

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 2:31 pm
Thanks a lot guys, really helped!

Inviato Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 5:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)