Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping cue points to Pioneer SEP-C1 Need Help Asap

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey Guys,

I need some quick help on mapping these cue points the right way. I am just about there, they do what they're supposed to but when the track is not playing, if I hit the cue button ( cue 1, cue 2, etc.. ) it goes to the cue and PLAYS the track. I copied a script from a previous post that includes shift/delete which fixes this issue that jumps to the cue and plays when track is paused, BUT when setting a cue, it PAUSES the track??
Here it is..

var '$shift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 ? down ? play ? set 'playing' & goto_cue 1 & play : goto_cue 1 & play : var 'playing' ? nothing & set 'playing' 0 : goto_cue 1 & pause & set 'playing' 0 : set_cue 1

If someone can please help and possibly modify this script. All Im looking for is a CUE BUTTON, that functions like the rest of Pioneer's cue buttons, to make this script set a cue while track is playing and continue to play, not pause the track.

Ive been up all night trying to get it right..

thanks in advance, I really appreciate it :)

- C

Inviato Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 1:01 pm
that was a workaround, for it to work you needed to use the play button script as well... I'm pretty sure you can use cue # to achieve the same thing. what will happen is that when paused the track will jump to the cue point and start playing. to continue playing you need to press the play button, if you release the cue button the track will stop on the cue point, you need a little more mapping to set and delete it, but try this

var '$shift' ? delete_cue 1 & hot_cue 1 ? blink 300ms : off : hot_cue 1 ? on & cue 1 : set_cue 1

You should be able to set the cue when the track is playing without pausing the deck, and the LED's are in the script so it will be on if the cue point is set, but blink if you are holding shift and there is a cue already set. To add more cue's just change the bold numbers

Inviato Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 10:33 pm
Thanks for chiming in. I actually ended up figuring it out, thanks to the workaround you posted.

var '$myshift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 ? down ? play ? set 'playing' & goto_cue 1 & play : goto_cue 1 & play : var 'playing' ? nothing & set 'playing' 0 : goto_cue 1 & pause & set 'playing' 0 : set_cue 1 & set 'playing' 1

seems realllllyyy long just to get this working lol.

I appended " & set 'playing' 1 " to the end after set_cue 1 and it worked! Took me a while after trial and error.

the script you posted, when paused it sets a new cue point each time you press the button, rather than going to cue point.

Im not sure if theres a shorter version of the script but it works, I guess its just the way hot cue's work in virtual.

I appreciate your help :)

Inviato Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 11:30 pm
that's weird... I just tried it.. maybe you do need to use the workaround.

Inviato Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 11:45 pm
By the way, are you using Virtual on Mac or PC?

I've had VDJ for a long time, on mac, just upgraded to latest and best MacBook Pro. Why is it so glitchy? everyone I know who has a mac and VDJ has problems? On a PC it seems to work far much better.. any idea why?

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 12:08 am
don't know sorry, I use PC

Inviato Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 12:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)