Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

kradcliffe wrote :
I don't carry backup of any sort as I'm pretty confident I will never need it.
Keith

Lol i used to be like this, you have to be on your game with the equipment. Honestly its easier for me nowadays to carry backup than stick to my old regiment making sure everything is perfect.

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 12:28 pm
groovindj wrote :
If ellaskins from the UK can get high end Pioneer kit.

Lol the things I've seen him do, run smoke machines dry, cables everywhere, take speakers to bits just for the fun of it. A real tinkerer!

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 12:32 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Caliente123 wrote :
Now That we seen the DDJ SZ, I wonder what Numark has next. Could it be true about a New NS6 V2 ?

Numark will never beat Pioneer

far as i am concerned they did exactly that once they broaght out the moving platters

Inviato Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 8:08 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 9:01 pm
ParraiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi, can anyone tell me if the DDJ-SX can be fully used with Virtual DJ, and if so, how would I go about it? Thanks

Inviato Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 4:28 am
@Parrai: Yes it can, but this is DDJ-SZ topic ;)

Inviato Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 4:39 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Now all they need is a version with those spinning platters and I'd just throw my money at them....... But Yes very, very tempting.......

Keep dreaming about that. Pioneer, most likely never do this. Granted I do like spinning platters, but this controller is pretty much like its Daddy the 2000's That is why there are the reference points of the LEDs in the middle of the jog wheel.

Anyway, everyone must excuse me.. I need to go take a nice cold shower after watching that video.. Or maybe I need to grab my wallet and pre order one of these Gems.. :-D

Now if VDJ 8 can utilize this and the effects and such blow away serato.. I might make a mess in my pants..

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 12:38 am
djmike001 wrote :
Now if VDJ 8 can utilize this and the effects and such blow away serato.. I might make a mess in my pants..

Same here!

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 2:55 am
royvanmeel wrote :
My Pioneer DDJ SX Serato also works like a charm with VDJ thank to the members and VDJ crew. Everything works the same and I have video which would cost me if I used Serato.
One thing could be better and that is the filter knob. The knob works great but the sound effect is horrible. There are rumours that the filter is going to be better in VDJ 8 and that is the only reasonI would want to test drive the v8 version.

I believe that this community will make the SZ work like in Serato.
Midi stays midi :)

I use the SX too and works awesome with VDJ .. .plug and play ;)
For the filter I use this :
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16287/filter_sbdj.html

(and yes .. v8 has a new sound engine, fx engine, and filter too - as shown on sneak previews - that sounds superb)

Parrai wrote :
Hi, can anyone tell me if the DDJ-SX can be fully used with Virtual DJ, and if so, how would I go about it? Thanks

Sure can ... works plug and play ;) No setup no mapper... out of the box ;)

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 7:59 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
royvanmeel wrote :
My Pioneer DDJ SX Serato also works like a charm with VDJ thank to the members and VDJ crew. Everything works the same and I have video which would cost me if I used Serato.
One thing could be better and that is the filter knob. The knob works great but the sound effect is horrible. There are rumours that the filter is going to be better in VDJ 8 and that is the only reasonI would want to test drive the v8 version.

I believe that this community will make the SZ work like in Serato.
Midi stays midi :)

I use the SX too and works awesome with VDJ .. .plug and play ;)
For the filter I use this :
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16287/filter_sbdj.html

(and yes .. v8 has a new sound engine, fx engine, and filter too - as shown on sneak previews - that sounds superb)

Parrai wrote :

Sure can ... works plug and play ;) No setup no mapper... out of the box ;)

One interesting note though about this controller is that it has the "box" built in to communicate with Serato so your inputs no longer have to have that timecode box.
I wonder if that has or will have any effect as I can't remember which controller if it was numark or something like that made a controller that was not really compatable with VDJ but only Serato? to use the built in sound card.

Anyway, Yes you can order this SZ controller for roughly 2000USD I almost pre Ordered one last night but refrained.

I have a sneaky feeling that Pioneer is going to one up this controller deck within 2 years. the SZ 2. or something like that. With just a few more of the features from the CDJ2000's.

I will have to think about this for a few more days. I may just order one of these. It is a 2000.00 Controller guys..

But here is my thoughts to anyone considering purchasing this Controller. It is considerably cheaper than trying to purchase a CDJ2000 set up.

It is extremely close to how the CDJ2000 is set up. So for someone who may be a DJ who travels and just has to plug into a clubs set up that has Pioneer CDJ2000's This controller will be perfect for practice at home, and or just screwing around. Not to mention yeah you could use it for any gig.

Some people might complain and say this controller is too big.. I don't personally think so at all.

But then again I don't mind carting around a DJ Turntable Coffin either.. So it is smaller lighter than all that but still gives you the room. Key here I feel like is the room to be creative. and not fumble over over crowded midi controllers trying to cram as much as possible in a uber small space.

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 12:35 pm
I see it the other way .... this unit is simply far too big!

Keith

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 12:38 pm
djmike001 wrote :

I have a sneaky feeling that Pioneer is going to one up this controller deck within 2 years. the SZ 2. or something like that. With just a few more of the features from the CDJ2000's.

I suspect that too.. These new S... controllers from Pioneer has hit good market, they got popular insanely quick, and I got a feeling they might make this S series a generic one too.. (not tied to any software), like they had S1 and T1 (serato/traktor) and VDJ after that (R1, ERgo/Wego).

The S series range from cheap plastic ones (SB) to crazy big monsters (SZ) and clearly Pioneer is taking a full dive into the controller market.
I'm pretty sure its not the end of it, and that more CDJ 2000 features might get added to a more generic controller (like SZ but without the S) where its not fully based on software use, but has track display and waveform added to the controller etc.. The R1 controller has this kinda of display almost already, and CDJ 2000 has great ones. And if releasing such controllers, to be used a lot more stand alone, as well as with any dj software.

Its kinda new turf for Pioneer this, after the rather disappointing reception with the DDJ-S1 and DDJ-T1 that didnt seem to sell much or be popular.

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 12:44 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I felt really excited when I heard about the release of this unit.
As time pass by and kept reading forums from here and Serato, the hype went down on for a little bit realizing that the SZ was designed to imitate the CDJ-DJM set up at the most (without the Screen-display, CD, SD, Thumbstick, and Rekordbox functionalities). Having the SP1 already and CDJ-DJM set up, I will still have what this unit could do (with a +). So, I decided to get a coffin instead and planning to make the cable connections really clean to aim for a plug & play set up. If the weight wouldn't be a problem, I might not take the plunge right away.

But I am not saying I'm not getting one.

: )

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 2:00 pm
If they made it kinda like the Numark Quad with everything still being able to be midi and with a nicer display of course then the Quad I'd throw my money at them!! I love technology but I've always had a fear of something happening and the controller not working so needless to say I don't own a controller that doesn't play at least CDs, lmao!! This new Pioneer unit has peaked my interest due to its nice size and being 4 channels. I really think I might sell a set of tables and grab this unit.

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 2:04 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
more CDJ 2000 features might get added to a more generic controller where its not fully based on software use

beatbreaker1 wrote :
I've always had a fear of something happening and the controller not working so needless to say I don't own a controller that doesn't play at least CDs

This is exactly my reason for sticking with hardware that doesn't totally rely on computers, and why I look forward to something in the future which is more versatile.

There have been a few efforts in the past but they've all been quirky. Anyone recall the Numark HDMIX?

Basically a D2 Director/DDS with a PPD9000 mixer attached. The quirk was the layout. The early one (never released) had the mixer at the back. The commercial model had the players & screen at the back. If only they'd gone with a side-by-side layout like the controllers they make now......

The more recent Stanton SCS4DJ. Not bad (the layout works) but only a two channel mixer, no line inputs and an underpowered CPU (track analysis took forever and there was (initially) no database software.

Come on Pioneer, Denon, Numark and the others. There's a gap in the market. Give us a DDJ-2000, an MC-7000 or an NS8.

I'd even settle for an updated Denon HS-5500.....the HS-6600 with a CDJ-2000 style screen and internal SATA. :-)

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 2:29 pm
Yup I agree and I do love my Denons, lol!!

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 2:41 pm
Pioneer's strategy not to put any media input USB or CD on this controller is quite logical.
They dont want to make the 2000$ controller compete with the more expensive CDJ-DJM Market (their own market).

On the other hand, beeing able to plug two computers at the same time solves any PC stability issue... imagine having a setup with two computers and syncing VDJ or serato on each (kind of a sandbox feature) so that both are running the same song at the same time...

If a software crash happens, you only have to switch to the second laptop and second sound card...

That could make the setup more "failure safe"

What do you think about that?

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 3:50 pm
Kosmonova wrote :
Pioneer's strategy not to put any media input USB or CD on this controller is quite logical.
They dont want to make the 2000$ controller compete with the more expensive CDJ-DJM Market (their own market).

On the other hand, beeing able to plug two computers at the same time solves any PC stability issue...

Agree with both these points.

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 4:29 pm
Being able to plug in two computers, and two premium sound cards.. Innovation right there..

But What I think is that the SZZ model or what ever will incorperate the touch panel of the djm2000 the touch pad is the least likely in my mind it will most likely or will have USB slots for thumb drives with a screen simular to the CDJ2000's. I doubt they would include a cd drive. Nor would I want them to.

I think that they will add an additional wave form LCD screen.. maybe simular to the Stanton SCS4

The thing is the CDJ2000's are about 1800USD a piece and the DJM2000 is close to 2300usd? anyway been a minute since I looked at the price of them so I might be slightly too high or to low for the Nexus line.

I think that if they added just one of the screens of a CDJ2000 and a USB drive reader with these features, people would be willing to throw even more money at them say 2500.00 for controller?

Even IF they both the touch pad of the 2000 and even dual screens of the cdj2000's with USB there is still a few features that will make the CDJ 2000 and the DJM2000 applicable to that line.. Frankly it might compete, but really won't take away much of their sales in that area. Even if it did. it wouldn't put that big of dent on their sales of such products.. Because the other features someone who needs the CDJ2000s such at the input and out puts in the back of both of those.. and networking type business that goes on with them :() yada yada...

None the less Pioneer will be smart about this and milk it their current lines for what they are worth. And Yes, I am sure they are working on the CDJ3000 right now.. and the SZZ... just the exact specs.. I am not sure of..

Just my thoughts.. we shall see... I wouldn't be surprised at the very least if a seriulsy overhauled screen like the r1 shows up if not the screen from the nexus 2000..

just my thoughts of what pioneers next move is. ;)

take it for what it is... speculation..

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 7:54 pm
If they gave you everything, they could not make Mo Money. That's the reason they left out the screens and usb ports, and any other goodies, that you want. They even tried to suck you in, by saying this is the last in the series. That just means there will be a new series. I will bet, that some have bought all four of these controllers, just like they bought every iphone. As soon as they sell 5000, there will be a new series, maybe for a different software, or still for Serato. It will have the usb ports for memory sticks, and a few other little improvements. Then they will release another one with the displays, and take even Mo Money. The cycle never ends. I like this controller, but will not rush out to get it. The IEC is enough for me, I hate those adapters.

Inviato Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 8:42 pm
64%