Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
royvanmeel wrote :
PachN wrote :
Maybe the next one is a DDJ VX? V for VirtualDJ and full integrated and built for V 8 ? With HDD and SD card slot.
Integrated effect device like a RMX 1000, displays and (as an turn on/off option) spinning platters. That'll be hell of a controller.
No?
Ok... just dreaming...

Except the spinning platters.. Great master plan! I would say: Pioneer start building it !! Even if it costs me twice the price of the SZ !!

That's why I wrote an option to turn them on (spinning) or off ;)
This way they get everyone. Pro-spinning and con-spinning people.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 8:32 am
The DDJ SZ is the last controller. No more for that series

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 10:59 am
Pioneer is not interested in spining platters. The SZ has all the feature you need to Dj. All the controllers with built hds and a small screen are not good sellers. Like I said many times, Many preffer to use there laptop because you can see more songs at once.

The Ns6, Ns7, Ddj s1, ddj sx, etc. None of those controllers have a usb thumb drive slot or screens and they were all good selling decks.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:32 pm
The more I read about this thing the more I like it but the one thing I don't like is that it was not built with VDJ in mind so the software has to be shoehorned in. I'm sure it'll work with VDJ but how well?? I mean will things all match up, will all the leds work properly??

Not saying VDJ is bad but I want things to match and work, so flame away if you must.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:41 pm
My Pioneer DDJ SX Serato also works like a charm with VDJ thank to the members and VDJ crew. Everything works the same and I have video which would cost me if I used Serato.
One thing could be better and that is the filter knob. The knob works great but the sound effect is horrible. There are rumours that the filter is going to be better in VDJ 8 and that is the only reasonI would want to test drive the v8 version.

I believe that this community will make the SZ work like in Serato.
Midi stays midi :)

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:29 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Caliente123 wrote :
Pioneer is not interested in spining platters. The SZ has all the feature you need to Dj. All the controllers with built hds and a small screen are not good sellers. Like I said many times, Many preffer to use there laptop because you can see more songs at once.

The Ns6, Ns7, Ddj s1, ddj sx, etc. None of those controllers have a usb thumb drive slot or screens and they were all good selling decks.

Of couse, a laptop would be the primary display.
But what happens IF the laptop would crash or die?
In that case you would have to carry another cd player or sth. else to connect to the SX or SZ whatever.

But with a "all in one" device, like I suggested, you don't have to worry. Just could just use any device or media AND see something.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:40 pm
That's good to know but I have my doubts working correctly seems we can only use one a time plus our effects are not setup with the same format (wet/dry knob and an amount knob) also I believe there is a problem with the LEDs on the jogs?? To me and maybe I'm being picky but that's not a 100% working........

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:42 pm
Not sure why everyone I'd obsessed with computers crashing. Since getting VDJ 6 years ago (and using with HC4500 & MC6000) I have never had a crash at a gig.

In all honesty the Mac version of VDJ was bloody terrible and crashed a lot, but my testing told me to bin it before using it at gigs and put Windows on the MacBook Pro I had at the time. If you test your gear properly then it should be reasonably failsafe.

I don't carry backup of any sort as I'm pretty confident I will never need it.

On a side note I agree that native support will always be better, the MC6000 is definite proof of this. Don't know what's been happening with hardware tie-ups lately but Atomix don't seem to be there any more!

Keith

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 3:02 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
PachN wrote :

Of couse, a laptop would be the primary display.
But what happens IF the laptop would crash or die?
In that case you would have to carry another cd player or sth. else to connect to the SX or SZ whatever.

But with a "all in one" device, like I suggested, you don't have to worry. Just could just use any device or media AND see something.

All in one devices need a brain (computer) that can also crash. CDJ also can act up and freeze. anything electric can crash or break.

Should your laptop crash I'm sure you have you have some music on your phone you could play while rebooting your laptop.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 4:46 pm

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 7:51 pm
They were taking down. Looks like somebody messed up.......

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 11:31 pm
they're both working on this side of the world

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 11:46 pm
The links work. It was live. He has a Bunch of New DDJ Sz controllers & Cases for it. I also noticed he has the Virtual DJ ver 8.0 beta from Dec 23rd 2013.

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 12:44 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Don't know what's been happening with hardware tie-ups lately but Atomix don't seem to be there any more!

Keith

C'mon Keith, stop this silliness. You don't know what's going on, because you are not in the loop. Don't feel bad, I'm not in the loop either. You were not in the Pioneer loop with this controller. I try to keep things in perspective. Rane had exclusive rights to Serato. That is over. So Pioneer has released some great controllers to go with it. Numark has also done the same. How is this earth shattering? No one from any of these companies, called me to let me know what they were working on. That's the way it is. How many people in this thread alone, have stated that if they knew this controller was coming out, they would have passed on the SX? Now, they tell you that this is the last in this series. Why? Because they want you to feel comfortable enough to buy this one, even though you just bought the SX. But guess what, they did not give you everything, and are working on the new series. That is how they make money. To be honest, I don't know how you guys do it. I have money, but don't buy a car every year. I love the MC 6000, but will not buy the new one, because the new features are not enough, and they took out one that I liked. A few years ago, you could not find a Serato controller. So why does anyone think, that after all these years, there will be no new controllers for VDJ? All of these companies have made more money selling controllers with VDJ, than any other software. Why would that change? I like this controller, and may give it a look, but I am not in a rush, because there will be others. There always will be. I do not see this as a so called "standard" in clubs, because if one part needs repair, the whole system has to go in the shop. As for the guy in Chile, maybe he's a dealer, and had to take delivery to his kitchen. Or, maybe he just has a stove and refrigerator in his store.

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 4:15 am
Ha ha, love your responses Rick..... I'm speechless!

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 4:33 am
djfrochocr wrote :
Im wondering ... how in this world this guy Juan Barrera from Chile... is making demos and tests of this new controller

Reading up on his career, he seems to be doing alright, so it doesn't surprise me.

If ellaskins from the UK can get high end Pioneer kit, so can a guy who's running his own label and doing remixes of big tracks.

He comments under the shorter video that he didn't buy it. "Courtesy of Pioneer" "Sample from Pioneer Chile. Testing for a few days then going back".

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 5:32 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I\'ve seen an unboxing video from a DJ store in Denmark and they have a display unit in their showroom

Screen grab from their video so go to Denmark http://www.djstorexl.com and you can get hands on with it

I'm saving up for it might even keep my SX as a backup or home setup

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 6:17 am
Nothing that has come out makes me want to switch from my vci400...looks like most are kinda taking ideas from it....

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 7:05 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
gullum wrote :
I\'ve seen an unboxing video from a DJ store in Denmark and they have a display unit in their showroom

Screen grab from their video so go to Denmark http://www.djstorexl.com and you can get hands on with it

I'm saving up for it might even keep my SX as a backup or home setup

I am assuming that is a 13" MBP. If so, seeing that perspective, those jogs are perfect size for my taste. And have adjustable tension is a plus. I never liked Pioneer jogs cause they felt plasticky and loose. But the CDJ 2000, although still feeling like plastic is not bad since you can adjust the tension. The DDJ-SX jog, although a little loose feels heavy and nice to work with.

I am really liking this. But I will probably wait a few months after the release to let them sort out whatever bugs is in the first release. That's what I did with the DDJ-SX. I waited about 4most and 2 firmware updates. hahaha

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 8:49 am
Caliente123 wrote :
Now That we seen the DDJ SZ, I wonder what Numark has next. Could it be true about a New NS6 V2 ?

Numark will never beat Pioneer

Inviato Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 12:25 pm
43%