Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 Mac - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Using a MacBook Pro 13" Retina, i used VDJ8 for a few hours yesterday and the only real issue i had was the software jittering when playing some tracks, however this only happened once for around 3-5 seconds, almost like when a CD is scratched and it jumps on playback, however when i'd recorded a mix, a couple of songs had a slight crackling in the background which doesn't happen when playing the song back on it's own, only in the mix. Not sure what to think, the software is lovely, but a few teething problems. Hopefully it's fixed soon and it can be used professionally without the possibility of these issues arising in a gig.

Inviato Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 2:18 am
How do i assign a visual for when I'm playing audio only tracks in VDJ8?

Inviato Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 12:29 am
i use ns6 controller. can i use virtual dj 8

Inviato Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 2:56 am
cehletPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Ok on VDJ 7 I was able to take my Mixtrack Pro II and make the Filter Knob under shift Operate the Gain for each channel for some reason no matter what I try under Virtual DJ 8 I cannot get it to do this while pressing the Shift button. Can anyone please help me This gets to be Annoying when I am spinning a mix and cannot manage my Gain per channel. Also to the programmers for VDJ 8 I would strongly suggest allowing us to be able to also manage the Master Gain output as I tried it this weekend at a gig and the output volume was reduced about 10 DB even with the masters turned up on the speakers I was no where near where it should have been. But right now I am mainly concerned with being able to adjust the output gain with pressing Shift on my Mixtrack Pro II and twisting the Filter Knob. Please help me with this so that I may get my mixes done with a consistant volume and still be able to use the filter. I can replace the filter with gain but I cannot set the filter knob to be Gain with the shift button pressed and again I was able to do this under VDJ 7 pro full.

Inviato Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 2:59 am
Here's the issue, having a problem with program loading and staying loaded when I'm connected to my gear. It will load for about 5 seconds flash off then on again and then totally force close itself. No problem when i'm not connected. Just reopened today after a long weekend and reinstalled 8 since i was informed there was a new update available when i logged back in and upon checking the info on VDJ8 after re-install, it still shows version 8.0.0

Hercules trim
numark im9 4 ch mixr
two cdj 900's and 850's

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 8:01 pm
Hi There

It sounds like a serious case of following the trail of errors. Fault Diagnosis

I have just looked at my version number for v8 & I am running the same as you, I would check the build number mine is 1834.690, which appears to be running stable on my machine. In regards to the serious force app shut downs, this sounds like a loop error.

Back To Basics
I would firstly try to run v8 with nothing plugged in, including external monitors, ensure that you are at least logged in & check your profile on the forum is active under my account licences. As mine tripped up here first & kept looping & timing out, locking up and then I would force close.

Go Default Your Audio
If you can use v8 with nothing plugged in I would then try v8 on internal audio card to ensure working okay on that

Simply try a clean reboot of your MAC
Next shut down & reboot your MAC, ensure that nothing start on load that should not do. refer to apple website for identifying what should load on start up. DO NOT do the PARM reset, etc at this stage.

Is Your MAC Seeing Your Device
Ensure the power to your Midi Device is switched OFF. If you are clean & rebooted okay, try plugging in your midi device to your MAC & Power UP and check about this mac, more info, system report & look for your midi controller under usb, storage, audio, it may only appear in audio or USB, as storage will only appear if your midi device has an internal HDD/SSD or memory card reader.

Next try starting V8 again, if still an issue, do you get an error message popup? check your MAC Error Log files to see if you can see why error occurred, again look to apples website for this

then I would look at your midi controllers website for a firmware update.

Similar Software Conflicts

Before uninstalling Backup Playlist, Record Cases & Settings
DJ's are known for using multiple software versions or similar products on the same machine and if you are running similar software i.e. Serrato or, PCDJ VJ or FX, Dex this might be giving you conflicts. I would look at this first. If I needed to uninstall anything I would simply backup my record cases, settings etc to an external drive, uninstall all midi / DJ / DMX software clearing all plists etc (app zapper) is good for this (look for safe crack version ;) )

So if you have done the following:
Go Back To Basics
Licence Check
Default Audio
Clean Reboot
Can MAC See My Device
Midi Divice Firmware Update
Restart
Looked For Conflicting Software & Resolved

Then It is a much more complicated issue, which could mean you need to to do a PARM resetting, & soft OS X reinstall to straighten out OS X and then go from there. I will warn you though I had to do this last week and I had issues with file permission and ended up spending about 2 hours on the phone with applecare tracing a fault.

I hope you manage to fault find a solution with these notes

Inviato Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 7:51 am
D ShattaControlleristMember since 2014
Hi, Being a newbie i tried to register my controller to Virtual DJ 8 and only managed to pay $105 including tax for what seem to be Analog mixer. i was just now playing a gig and to my disgust the software shut off my controller after 10 min. when i checked, that is when i realize that Atomix did not actually activate my con troller. Instead after collecting $105 from me, all i am left with is an activation i cant use. It is now asking for $149 to activate my DN-MC6000. Please help me so i wont have to loose my $105 for nothing. i am hoping i can Pay the difference and have my controller DN-MC6000 Activated. HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!

Inviato Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 8:37 pm
Im having problems getting sound from my american audio vms4 controller. I think i may have changed the mapping settings. can anyone post what they should be please. Thanks

jamie

Inviato Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 5:34 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
@weetoonhunter please have a look here.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VMS4%20/%20VMS4.1.html

On V8 you would just need inside Audio config to sleect the VMS icon at cards :-)

@D Shatta, please open a ticket here and we will see what we can do for you.
You have bought the wrong version.
You will need to buy the related MC6000 V8 controller version.

Inviato Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 4:00 am
RobFosControlleristMember since 2013
If I install VDJ8, will it automatically overwrite VDJ7? I want to test it out before decided to use it full time and don't want to lose cue points etc

Inviato Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 10:18 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
RobFos,

8 will be installed separately. 8 is still in testing stages so you may need to go back to 7 if it's not working correctly for you.

Inviato Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 11:56 am
My VDJ8 has crashed while at a gig ! Not once but twice !!!
I was only running VDJ8 and was doing nothing out of the ordinary... please fix this or I gotta go back to traktor..

Inviato Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 5:23 pm
Each crash will be reported automatical to the DEV team and i'm sure they will fix problems fast.

You will get a notification from VDJ wjem a new build is available.

Inviato Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 7:39 am
Simply WOW!

I took a chance this past weekend with VDJ 8 and I'm glad to say had absolutely no problems! It was pride weekend here in Chicago and I spin at one of the biggest clubs here so it was a huge chance I was taking, but not one hiccup or issue. Man the new sound engine is amazing! My CPU usage never went above 5% the entire night and I was using it for 8 hours non stop!

Great Work on the new program!

My Configuration:
MacBook Pro Mid 2013
8gb ram
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Rane MP2016S Rotary Mixer & XP2016S Processor
2 Pioneer CDJ-350

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 11:48 pm
Thank you for your report and i'm sure the DEV team will have now a smile in her face :-)

Have a great weekend.

Inviato Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 3:09 am
JEDD27PRO InfinityMember since 2013
I recently bought the nunmark promix 2 usb controller to work with virtual dj 8 on my macbook pro,i bought i license from virtual dj but it still doesn't work,just for a few minutes,can anyone help?

Inviato Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 7:23 am
I am currently using build 1855.709, I have used it all weekend without incident. The processor has now dropped from 20% plus to under 5%, it's running nice and cool (68 degrees) and feels very mature and stable. Well done all.

Inviato Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 7:01 pm
pmulligan wrote :
I am currently using build 1855.709, I have used it all weekend without incident. The processor has now dropped from 20% plus to under 5%, it's running nice and cool (68 degrees) and feels very mature and stable. Well done all.

Same from me !!! The update made the programm more stable!!! If only I had the drag and drop style ( just like version 7) I would be the happiest dj!!!! You should consider very serious adding it on the next update !!

Inviato Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 9:35 am
sorry... my setup

MacBook Pro Mid 2013 running Mavericks OSX
8gb ram
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Denon MC6000 Mk1

Inviato Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:03 am
JEDD27 wrote :
I recently bought the nunmark promix 2 usb controller to work with virtual dj 8 on my macbook pro,i bought i license from virtual dj but it still doesn't work,just for a few minutes,can anyone help?

Hi you have bought the MIXTRACKPROII V8 version.
Numark Mixtrack Pro II

Do you have exact this controller?
http://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-pro-ii

Have you installed the version from here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Just login with your accountname and password, then it should work.

Inviato Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 7:59 am
63%