Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 Mac - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Could someone show me how to step x step customize a button to Hide/Show song info, I see it in the config options but not in the custom button choices.

Cheers

Inviato Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 6:29 am
i have a mac pro 13 cant find how to load sampler,when i click on the sampler it dose not open

Inviato Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 9:17 pm
Greetings.
I use Windows XP, 8.1 and Mac Lion. I use both VDJ and Serato. When VDJ 8 came out I loved it specially since I was able to use the "loop_load_prepare" (which I never was able to find in previous versions) and trigger it from the special buttons. Once I found that I was ready to say bye bye to Serato
So I started to do my own mapping ( I use Hercules RMX, Numarks V7, Pioneer DDJ SX and Technics 1200 MK2) started with my hercules in Windows 8.1, beautiful, wonderful, amazing etc.
No I am going to do the same mapping in my Mac. Things did not work quite right. I found a couple of problems and decide to stop wasting and write this to see if there is a fix to it.
the problems I found so far are: I mapped the "sync" button to "clone" and when i hit "sync" VDJ crashes ( it turns off that's it )
the other problem I am having is with the auto loops. I mapped the track + and track - to trigger 8 and 16 beats auto loops. for some reason sometimes the loop actually starts from the point i hit the button but sometimes it goes back to other point. I tried with a couple of fresh songs ( no data base, no cues no nothing) and still had the problem, so to make sure I did not put the wrong action on the mapping, I wen ahed and trigger the loop with the mouse directly from the screen and had the same problem.
at that point is when I stopped. Like I said at the beginning I did all the mapping in Windows 8.1 first and everything works wonderful and I made sure I had the same actions mapped before I wrote this just to make sure it was not me who placed a wrong or different action in the Mac.
Please advise if there is a fix, I do not want to be limited to my Windows machines only.

Inviato Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 11:23 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
fkroselj -

I suspect that the Development team is inundated with work right now. I too have been waiting for an answer to a few issues and am not getting any responses at all. In the beginning, they were pretty quick to respond but now, not so much.

I am a long time VDJ user and really loved the stability of 7.4. But wanted something new so like you, I learned Serato and found it to be a great program but pretty basic when it came to customizations and DJ workflow. When VDJ8 came out, I tested my machine left and right and finally after about a month, I felt comfortable enough to go live. Everything went well and I was very happy.

Some time during the middle of June 2014, an update came out and changed everything for me. I can no longer export playlist that are readable in itunes or Serato, and VDJ 7.4 will not read VDJ8 playlists, no matter what you do.

So I am still using VDJ8 but am not at full steam ahead anymore.

Sorry to rant to you about his but I wanted you to know you are not alone. as you can tell from some of the other recent posts.

Inviato Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 8:34 pm
I have the following problem. Work with MacBook Pro15, Denon DJMC6000MK2 and VDJ8. Sound is interrupted for 3.4 seconds 5 times in 6 hours. Can not work professionally. Please help.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 5:55 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
dragomirpantov,

Can you elaborate more on what is happening? Your details are a little vague.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 7:42 am
When working with an MP3 sound is interrupted for 3,4 seconds. Not happened to me with VDJ7. I tried VDJ8 of windows xp and there was the same problem.

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 7:22 am
DJCG22PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Virtual DJ 8 will not read my Numark virtual vinyl sound card, I'm currently running VDJ7.4 on mac with timecode and no issues its a very solid setup, but when i try to config my setup on vdj8 doesn't show the sound card at all ? is there anything i can do ?
Please help!

Inviato Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 4:21 pm
Thanks for the new update. Interruption problem is solved and now the VirtualDJ 8 works very stable.

Inviato Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 2:42 am
I have an incredibly annoying problem where when I am recording I am unable to drag new tracks onto the deck but when I stop recording I can drag them fine. I made one recorded mix fine and I experienced some slight problems with this but I could get around it just about after trying for a while but now its just not working at all, what can I do?

Inviato Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 4:46 pm
IS there a way to transfer virtualDJ (7) database v6.xml to Virtual DJ 8 ?
i've done this before when i had Virtual Dj 6 pro, but i can't seem to do it for Virtual DJ 8. Please help because i have over thousands of songs cued and me going through all of them again would take days.

i have a Macbook Pro OS X version 10.9.4.
Virtual Dj 8.0.1910

and in the previous VDJs when holding the cue button on the keyboard the music would play seamlessly and upon release it would jump right back to the cue point, but on the VDJ8 whenever i hold the cue button down, it would shutter.. it gets really ANNOYING when i'm trying to tease the crowd.

please get back to me as soon as possible thanks

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 5:32 pm
is there a way to set the sampler volumes? because every time i close down the software in VDJ8 the program would reset the volume controls on the sampler and its very annoying

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 5:34 pm
Hi,
I've been running VDJ8 since it launched with my American Audio VMS4.1,touch wood till date no issue with crashes or bugs.I've also got the numark virtual vinyl soundcard which used to work perfectly with Vdj7,but i dosen't seem to work with Vdj 8.it detects it but can't play with timecodes.
Anybody has any solutions
I'm running
Mackbookpro
MaverickOSX 10.9.4,
2.3ghz,
4Gb ram.

Inviato Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 4:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Virtual Vinyl sound card is not supported by version 8 at the moment.

Inviato Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 1:57 am
Updated to 7.4 and everything stopped working on hercules mk4 + selecting playlists from iTunes didn't load, yet search for a tune in the browser and a compatible version becomes available? Told by VDJ to update drivers- Done. Download VDJ8- Hercules works but now not in V7. All iTunes music has to be searched manually and selected. If i try to add from an iTunes playlist it just reads as error in V8 and M4a error in V7. Can anybody help?

Inviato Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 4:43 pm
got an old mac lying around a friend gave me, it works, but i have not really tried it out yet, i gota vdj 8 license with a beatmix 4 controller on it,

and my mac is OS 10.6.8, and wont work with vdj 8. is there anything i can do with my old mac or have the train left so to speak?

- i have tried vdj 7 and my controlle wont work in that one.

( btw i dont know a thing about macs)

Inviato Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 10:34 am
I believe that the minimum requirements for VDJ8 in Mac is OX 10.7. It happened to me and had to upgrade form 10.6.8 to 10.7

Inviato Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 10:31 pm
The minimum requirement for VirtualDJ is MacOS 10.7 - Please see MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

You will need to upgrade your Mac to a newer version of MacOS if possible. Otherwise your only options are to either purchase a full VirtualDJ v8 Pro Infinity license which will allow you to also use the older VirtualDJ v7 Pro or purchase a new computer.

NOTE: A VirtualDJ v8 Pro monthly subscription will not give you access to VirtualDJ v7 because v7 does not support the new on-line licensing that makes the subscription possible.

Inviato Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 5:59 am
yeah i saw the minimmu req, but i have the 10.6.8, and i tried to upgrade the osx like the apple site says, but it wont upgrade,

guess ill have to buy another laptop then :P

Inviato Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:55 am
In v7 it was easy to sync and mix tunes by lining up the "blocks" under the wave forms. Press play then sync again to catch up. This gave perfect mixing every time. This does not work well for mixing in v8. Can anyone offer advice?

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:47 pm
94%