Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When Increasing BPMs on VDJ 8 Sound Quality drops ...! - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
dj rsenal wrote :
"well, you have to set this here, and change this configuration to that and make sure you're holding your headphones in your left hand.."

Please...waay too much for the consumer to have to do to play their music.

I hear what you say... but think it that way.
Since there is not only just 1 plattform with 1 OS and always the same specifications and always the same apps and drivers installed, how would YOU make sure that VDJ could run on all these devices?
Right, provide some options to tweak here and there.

There is not 1 configuration that fits for all. And never will be, unless we all use the same device.

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 4:29 am
Perhaps VDJ engineering team should provide the users with a hardware list which the team is using for producing the software.
This would allow VDJ to produce a stable product in a specific environment and post online all the pieces of the puzzle used to create the environment like hardware,drivers,ect ect.

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:51 am
dj rsenal wrote :
Everyday I check back in to these posts to see the new complaints.

This is awful..to wait all these years and have nothing but complaints...new complaints...day after day..

"well, you have to set this here, and change this configuration to that and make sure you're holding your headphones in your left hand.."

Should not have been released yet...period..

To be honest, usually you see what you seek to see.

And it's very common to see mostly people with issues here. Not becuase the software is full of issues of course. But because users that don't have issues won't come to post "Hey, look at me, I have no issues at all!"

When you buy a new car and it works perfectly do you go to the manufacturers website to praise them ? No. But if your new car makes a weird noise when you steer left you go to ask for help...

That's what happens here as well. There are much more happy users than you see. ;)

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 7:52 am
RadiOnlineChile -> I forgot to mention in my message that I had set Master Tempo on "yes" just activated it, no other special option ...

I Agree with most of you, it's a completely new software, designed from the beginning instead of being simply updated like previous versions, it has a lot of advantages compared to the previous version VDJ 7.4.1, but it still has a lot of issues to solve like all new software products usually have, from the new special features that offer solutions to things that where lacking in the previous version, only to create new problems elsewhere, to the sound engine & the limiter which sometimes I find a bit strict ...

I carefully & thoroughly check the quality of the music files I choose to play, sound-checking them by ear & also examining the sound waves through special audio programs, making sure that they are in the proper sound range (spectrum), not exceeding any limits... I've noticed in some cases that the Limiter is sometimes (cruel) & (strict), DESTROYING completely a song that sounded perfect with the previous version ...

I hope improvements will be made soon ...

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 10:01 am
For now I choose to have Master Tempo & Key Lock deactivated, I prefer to have better sound quality & just apply the techniques that I used in the previous version VDJ 7 whenever I want to increase BPMs to a song in order to Beat-match it ...

Hopefully in the Near Future these special features will be improved, I find them very helpful & useful, but I'm not willing to (sacrifice) sound quality in order to use them ...

Inviato Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 10:08 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PhantomDeejay wrote :
dj rsenal wrote :

This is awful..to wait all these years and have nothing but complaints...new complaints...day after day..

And it's very common to see mostly people with issues here. Not becuase the software is full of issues of course. But because users that don't have issues won't come to post "Hey, look at me, I have no issues at all!"

When you buy a new car and it works perfectly do you go to the manufacturers website to praise them ? No. But if your new car makes a weird noise when you steer left you go to ask for help...

That's what happens here as well. There are much more happy users than you see. ;)

Some bugs are platform related, some are not found because not everyone users all aspects of the software.

Others bugs are not found because some users are inexperienced in some or all areas of djing- especially if others are finding bugs in areas they reported to working fine.

Example - I don't do video and know nothing about video djing - I played around with the video portion of the software in vdj 8 and thought this works greats. But I am obviously a newbie in this area and I see others reporting bugs about video. If I reported to the team that videos are working perfectly – my opinion would be that of a inexperience video user.

Right now with many bugs still being found – I’d be leery of the “everything is great with the software” users – in some cases it is a big tell tale sign..

Inviato Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 1:04 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
dj rsenal wrote :

..what I seek to see is progress...less complaints...and what I see is more complaints...

Inviato Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 9:59 am
¿ any progress on this ?

¿ was this trouble reported to the VDJ developers already ?

Inviato Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 12:07 pm
Reported.

Inviato Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 12:10 pm
Yes I've also reported it ...

1st I sent a Message to the Support Group, because I thought that I might have set something wrong in the Configuration, I mentioned the problem that I was having ... Their first reaction was not believing the extent of the problem.. I explained in detail what settings I had & how the program was behaving, they noticed it, admitted that it was a fact & suggested me alternative settings, that didn't give an (absolute) solution but made the problem less noticeable ...

Inviato Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 6:25 pm
What are the suggestions, they gave you?

Inviato Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 5:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Don't change the pitch, *giggle*

Inviato Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:59 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

VDJ7 until these issues are ironed out, I said 8 would be out a few months before I click install on my gig machine and I wasn't joking.

Inviato Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 6:52 am
A Man and His Music -> Their suggestion to a solution for this problem was to go to the Options and set PitchQuality from 2 to 1, although 2 is a better setting, 1 uses a different algorithm for time-stretching, so the drop in Quality & Volume won't be so noticeable ... A secondary solution that doesn't satisfy me ...

Inviato Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 5:53 pm
I've also mentioned above the settings that I've chosen to have at the moment until these issues have been solved in a better way, I prefer simplicity & manually choosing what I should do at each moment in VDJ than having automated features of a program deciding for me ...

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:13 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

There's a similar issue in VDJ7 (would need to confirm it in 8) with some of the plugins, when certain effects are activated there's a noticeable (although small) drop in the output of the deck/master (not sure), even if the effect is in a neutral setting (i.e when activating shouldn't cause any change in the sound).

Inviato Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 9:39 am
I am amazed this topic is getting no response from the developers, unless I am missing something.

Inviato Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 5:16 am
The developers are aware of the problem, I've reported it & so have a few other people ... Up to one point they consider this problem normal, but it doesn't mean that they are not trying to make improvements, who knows how much time it will take them ...?

Inviato Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 9:59 am
for now the only solution is disable Key Lock (Master Tempo) -.-

BTW for the developers... seems the issue is more noticeable when you increase pitch, so for sure is something wrong in the math formula used to calculate pitch when Master Tempo is enabled, here are some interesting things to read about: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=81490

Inviato Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 8:12 pm
RadiOnlineChile wrote :
for now the only solution is disable Key Lock (Master Tempo) -.-

BTW for the developers... seems the issue is more noticeable when you increase pitch, so for sure is something wrong in the math formula used to calculate pitch when Master Tempo is enabled, here are some interesting things to read about: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=81490

Thanks for the Link involving this issue, I took a look at it & found it very interesting, I'll try to find more time to study it more carefully :-) !!!

Inviato Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:40 am
87%