Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When Increasing BPMs on VDJ 8 Sound Quality drops ...! - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I think I found a satisfying solution to this problem, on my next Gig I'll try it out, experimenting with a few settings in the Config, if the result at the end of the night (at my Gig) is what I'm hoping & expecting it to be, then I'll post it here, so other people interested can apply them :-) !!!

Inviato Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:45 am
for the developers... seems the issue is more noticeable when you increase pitch, so for sure is something wrong in the math formula used to calculate pitch when Master Tempo is enabled, here are some interesting things to read about: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=81490 and also there is a public formula that may be could be implemented in VDJ in order to improve the pitch and master tempo engine.

Inviato Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:58 am
Perhaps a bit of dithering added to the code might help them, to mask the high end mishaps but it'l do little to those lost transients in kicks.

People complaining about master tempo should read up on how keylock actually works. I doubt we will ever have a perfect keylock. it's basically chopping up the audio lots of times and over lapping small sections of it or spacing it out. Seriously messes up the waveform. If these overlaps hit on transients in the sound, the track will now sound poo. I hate key lock, ruins the sound of a mix.

Algorithms that speed up tracks maintaining pitch use up lots of power and often aren't real time. You want a good 1 and your going to need much better PC's and pay a lot more for software.

Inviato Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 11:00 pm
SpBlackCat wrote :
A Man and His Music -> Their suggestion to a solution for this problem was to go to the Options and set PitchQuality from 2 to 1, although 2 is a better setting, 1 uses a different algorithm for time-stretching, so the drop in Quality & Volume won't be so noticeable ... A secondary solution that doesn't satisfy me ...

Agree with SpBlackCat, as a workaround, setting the PITCHQUALITY to 1 has solved most of my problems with the audio. With this setting, playing with the pitch no longer overloads the channel and therefore the LIMITER does not activate saving you from those weird audio distortions. Of course that leaves with the concern of the audio quality from dropping the value from 2 to 1. So I've been restoring the tracks's pitch to its native value as soon as harmonically possible.

This is just a workaround, Atomix should definitely look into this and fix the issue.

Inviato Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 2:29 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
Having no choice I changed my PitchQuality from 2 to 1...

Inviato Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 6:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)