Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is anybody using VDJ 8 without issues? - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 10:01 am
I still get the occasional crash if I'm scrolling through a lot of folders or a long song list while both decks are playing. Cant quite pinpoint the issue, and have done everything to optimize my i5, Win 8 laptop. I use V8 when I'm at home, but when I'm gigging, it's strictly V7. When you're playing in the club with hundreds of people on the dance floor, the last thing you want is a crash at peak hour. Not worth it to me to take the risk with V8 at this point.

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 1:36 pm
VDJ8 - Macbook Pro - Denon MC600 MK2 - No problems here!

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 2:26 pm
did my first job with vdj8 last weekend, win8, mac book pro retina, bootcamp and ddj-SZ. 8 hour wedding dinner & dance and no problems at all :-)

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 3:29 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
bigron1 wrote :
To add to the importance of the mappings I will point out that resourceful DJ's tailor the mapping to their personal needs.
Plug and play boys are going to be left far behind.

That said..Anyone have any tips and tricks with scripts ?
I have been trying some and have done a couple of (effects in different songs).
Maybe we should add a thread about some easy to use and good scripts ;-)

Inviato Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 3:38 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tried it last night for first time. Worked fine at home; however had glitches last night.
Sound was okay at first, then it went low. Also the wave form was missing sections.
Have to look into some tweaks later.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 8:27 am
BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Not a problem now, it appears to be very stable in Windows 8.1, the guys have done good.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 12:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I can crash it just by scrolling through my effects fast on my DDJ SP1, this can and does happen every time I scroll through them.........

Any chance you can replicate this with your computer online and logged into your account so we can get a crash report? The last crash I see from you was b1932, and that was a crash in the nVidia OpenGL drivers caused by that beta spout plugin I gave you. Nothing recorded since then!

visionz5 wrote :
I still get the occasional crash if I'm scrolling through a lot of folders or a long song list while both decks are playing.

Ditto - we have no crash reports from your system at all and in fact it thinks you are using an extremely old build!

Crash reports make it far easier for us to fix these problems.

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 1:13 pm
I've been using it constantly since the main release date with no 'live' issues whatsoever on different controllers - never tried it on a win 8 pc though and don't plan too !!

Inviato Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:39 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
I've been using it constantly since the main release date with no 'live' issues whatsoever on different controllers - never tried it on a win 8 pc though and don't plan too !!

Oh? I haven't had an issue on Windows 8.1; Something strange happened right at the end of a gig and who knows what caused it but it didn't crash, nor did Windows crash.

That issue hasn't returned, I practiced for six hours on Friday night, nothing.

Nvidia has had a bunch of driver issues lately with their products.

Inviato Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 2:31 pm
SBDJ wrote :

visionz5 wrote :
I still get the occasional crash if I'm scrolling through a lot of folders or a long song list while both decks are playing.

Ditto - we have no crash reports from your system at all and in fact it thinks you are using an extremely old build!

Crash reports make it far easier for us to fix these problems.

Yeah, I updated to the newest build over the weekend. I was a few behind. lol

Inviato Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:37 am
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No problems on Sony Vaio i7/2.0-->3.10 GHz/12 GB RAM/NVdia 735GT 1 GB/1TB HDD Internal/3TB External
and ASUS i5/2.5-->3.0 GHz/8GB RAM/Intel HD4000/1TB HDD Internal/3TB External
All with W8
Using
NI Audio 10
Denon HC4500
A&H S2R
or RANE MP44
Akai LPD8

Inviato Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 5:04 pm
adjnuPRO InfinityMember since 2005
No problems here using a dell vostros 1500 4g ram, dual core, Win7.....w/ 2 ddj-sbs !!! One connected directly to laptop the other via powered usb hub. Ex hd connected to hub also, I had a major click problem w/sound, then i turned off the following , virtual memory, disabled wifi, real time anti virus, turned off power management for each usb port.

Now i have a lenovo i3..... im really good now!!

Inviato Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)