Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Slipped To The Dark Side......... - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
...That's cool, I'm in agreement to disagree..running 7+ degrees cooler is better though.
Mary Christmas to you Scott, ..when if ever are we getting a scrollText and Clipbank with a random feature like in v7 built into v8?

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 2:10 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Eating cookies, enjoying the lap dance.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 8:19 pm
So, I have been running this laptop for 7 hours a day, all video. I left my desktop in the van on Christmas eve, because it was so warm here. I am testing with one thing at a time, this way if I have a problem, it will be easier to pin down. At first, I just used the internal drive, and my RMX2. My creativity was down, because I only had mostly new music, but I was able to manage. The next three nights, with an external drive, and again no hiccups. There is some hesitation when loading tracks, but as long as the machine does not cut off, I can deal. I also feel it is just a tweak that will fix that. This week I will try two externals, and next week the Launchpad and camera. I am using the Pioneer RMX 1000, but in the hardware configuration. This thing has been running very cool. There are some things I don't like. I miss my 23 inch monitor. The red backlit keyboard is not to my liking and it cuts off after inactivity. There are some issues with the USB ports on the left side, that seem to disconnect if WD hard drives are connected, and the internal speakers are not up to par. These issues are known to ASUS, and they are working on them. If I have to, I will return this unit. I had to return the first one because it failed in less than a couple of hours, at home, Amazon sent me another one in less than 36 hours, even before I sent to bad one back. I was a little forceful on the phone, that helped. Oh, the video output is so much sharper, and I am using the same HDMI converter and cable. Any suggestions on the little freezing when loading would be appreciated. It doesn't affect the audio, just my screen.

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 2:15 am
Are you using Milkdrop as a visual for audio tracks?? I noticed my machine would do the same thing if I used Milkdrop as a visual.

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 5:52 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
How are your Video Settings ?
Do you use a Nvidia Video Card ?
If so, is the card properly dectected in VDJ ? ( Model and avaliable Memory )
forceFullscreen set to 0 or 1 ?
and.... which Nvidia drivers do you use.
Have some reports that there are issues with 344.xxx ( Freezes and Sound Dropouts )

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 9:38 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Are you using Milkdrop as a visual for audio tracks?? I noticed my machine would do the same thing if I used Milkdrop as a visual.

I've been testing an updated version that improves this considerably :)

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 1:30 pm
Go to device manager, then Universal serial Bus Controllers, then right click each USB Root Hub, click on properties and then Power Management tab, Unclick "Allow the conputer to turn off this device".. to it to all, this will improve your issue...

Good Luck

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 3:17 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

No, I have been using slideshow, but will test with milkdrop.

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 5:23 pm
RobRoy wrote :
How are your Video Settings ? Please explain
Do you use a Nvidia Video Card ? Yes
If so, is the card properly dectected in VDJ ? ( Model and avaliable Memory ) Yes Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M, VideoMaxMemory is Automatic 929110
forceFullscreen set to 0 or 1 ? 0
and.... which Nvidia drivers do you use. 9.18.13.4475 date 11/12/2014
Have some reports that there are issues with 344.xxx ( Freezes and Sound Dropouts )

Answers to your questions above. Thanks.

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 5:33 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
Go to device manager, then Universal serial Bus Controllers, then right click each USB Root Hub, click on properties and then Power Management tab, Unclick "Allow the conputer to turn off this device".. to it to all, this will improve your issue...

Good Luck

Thanks Joey, I did that already. I think I got that from one of your other post.

Inviato Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 5:35 pm
Hey Scott, Do you have any idea if we're getting a scrollText and Clipbank with a random feature like in v7 built into v8?

I don't know, I haven't been using v8 or testing because of these missing features in v8 which are very important to me.

Thanks..

Inviato Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 3:05 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I use an ASUS G750JX, doesn't need any external cooling either (in my environment at least).

Nice laptop Rick :)

Me too, no fans needed

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 10:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)