Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Upgrade your controller with LCD screens - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Nice!! Gonna try this when I get home tonight.

I have a CINQ usb monitor that I could move the whole VDJ interface onto then grab just the browser and have that full screen on my laptops screen.

Great work thus far fellas!! 👍

Inviato Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 12:29 pm
@jakovski: Wow that looks great!! Resolution isn't bad either I see...

@beatbreaker1: My CPU and GPU aren't moving a bit... But the system specs of my test notebook are pretty high ;)

With the three screens mirroring, there is indeed a bit of "lag" between the original screen and extra screens. But for me it's not a problem. The refresh rate of the mirroring application can be set to a maximum of 30FPS.

Inviato Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 12:35 pm
I have tried a few more "mirroring" programs just to see what it can do for me. Well, I have found me the perfect program!
It's available in different languages and it can use hardware acceleration !!

This program is 10 dollar cheaper (compared with the UltraMon mentioned earlier in this topic) and has NO lag or refresh delay. Even with video mixing the mirror screens keep up without delay!

It's very simple to configure which screens I want to mirror to another screen and can choose to start this mirroring automatic with one mouse click!

I'm not representing this company :) but I know which program I'm going to use.

If you're interested: it's called "Actual Multiple Monitors"
http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/

Inviato Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 2:46 am
royvanmeel wrote :
I have tried a few more "mirroring" programs just to see what it can do for me. Well, I have found me the perfect program!
It's available in different languages and it can use hardware acceleration !!

This program is 10 dollar cheaper (compared with the UltraMon mentioned earlier in this topic) and has NO lag or refresh delay. Even with video mixing the mirror screens keep up without delay!

It's very simple to configure which screens I want to mirror to another screen and can choose to start this mirroring automatic with one mouse click!

I'm not representing this company :) but I know which program I'm going to use.

If you're interested: it's called "Actual Multiple Monitors"
http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/

yes! that's what i posted in the german vdj forum topic "videoscreens". i think, this tool is much better than the ultramon tool. i will test it with two 15" tfts (old stuff) and my matrox dualhead2go... if it works, maybe i would buy another dualhead2go or a triplehead2go...

Inviato Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 4:53 pm
And.... Actual Multiple Monitors has partnered with the manufacturer of Displaylink drivers and that's where the USB monitors work with... So if something must be compliant with each other, it must be this :)

Inviato Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:32 am
FLXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
On my MSI GE70 Laptop, I have something called Matrix-Display. That means both my VGA and HDMI works as an out-put, and are able to run simotaniously.
So 3 monitors (with my laptop monitor) with no other equipment. Just plug in, and your done.
That means that I don't need the vga-splitter.. Or do I? Will the software be able to handle the mirroring from two out-puts, or does it have to be from one out-put only?

Inviato Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 5:00 am
The software recognizes all displays you see in the Windows Control panel by screen settings. It uses this Windows configuration for resolution, size, position etc..
So if you see all your displays in your Windows screen settings, the tool can use them.

VGA splitter is not an option.. Because it splits the signal and does not make an extra monitor / screen

Inviato Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 5:03 am
After a few tests with my first 7" usb lcd screen, I came to the conclusion that the 7" screen is perfect for 2 decks per side with the 4-decks skin I use.

But.. when I put my browser section on the 7" screen, I can almost not read the text in the browser. The resolution of the 7" screen is not good enough for the browser section to display.
So... I have bought a second 7" screen. One for the left decks and one for the right decks.

For the browser I have bought a 10" usb screen. I was hoping that would be large enough so I can read the text. My guess was right! I now have a perfect browser screen with my 10" screen for the browser section!!

And.. because I sometimes use video and/or karaoke with big TV's, I tried to use my VGA output simultaneously with the three usb screens. JUST PERFECT!!

Last step: build the screens into my flightcase :)

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:00 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You know that you are able to enlarge the font size of the browser, don't you?

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:04 am
PachN wrote :
You know that you are able to enlarge the font size of the browser, don't you?

lol, yes I know, but I want to see as much as possible and the multiple monitor tool is configured to take a part of the desktop and blow up that part fullscreen to the lcd screen.
The resolution of the 7" screen can't display the browser section fullscreen on any way so it's acceptable.

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hm okay... but nice solution you found there.

What are your system specs of your testing system? You mentioned earlier it's quite powerfull.
Just as a reference to see if it will run on my system. Because if not, I don't have buy those displays :)

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:14 am
I'm testing at my work. The specs of this notebook:

HP EliteBook 8570w
* Intel Core i7
* 32Gb RAM memory
* 1TB SSD
* Windows 8.1 Pro
* NVidia Quadro K2000M - 2Gb dedicated - FullHD

My home notebook where I did a few succesfull tests with one screen (because the post office just delivered the second and third screen an hour ago):

* Intel Core i7
* 8Gb RAM memory
* 256GB SSD
* Windows 7 x64
* NVidia Geforce GT - 2Gb dedicated

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:28 am
I think it's worth mentioning again that you don't have to use any kind of "splitting software" in between VDJ and your screens.

A VDJ skin can be designed so that it runs on multiple monitors without any intervention.

This can be done by making the skin image file the total width of your monitors, or in VDJ 8 by using windows which can be coded to open at specific locations.

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:34 am
groovindj wrote :
I think it's worth mentioning again that you don't have to use any kind of "splitting software" in between VDJ and your screens.

A VDJ skin can be designed so that it runs on multiple monitors without any intervention.

This can be done by making the skin image file the total width of your monitors, or in VDJ 8 by using windows which can be coded to open at specific locations.

It IS worth mentioning, because maybe it's even better if I don't have to use the splitting software and don't forget the splitting software is not for free...
PLUS the splitting software may result in screen refresh issues / delays on screen.. If the skin would be matching, than maybe a simple pc configuration (without heavy videocard) can do the job as fast as necessary

But for now my goal was to use my favorite skin on three lcd screens on top of my Pioneer DDJ controller. Goal achieved :)

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:42 am
groovindj wrote :
....or in VDJ 8 by using windows which can be coded to open at specific locations.

I'm going to look into this.. maybe this is even much better. Just without searching already ;) I can configure my skin as three seperate windows?

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:48 am
The only flaw is that the <window> code (which is new to VDJ 8) doesn't work 100% correctly at this time.

It is possible to open windows containing individual decks, browser or whatever is required (and be able to resize & drag them) but with a few caveats.

See here

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 8:55 am
Hmmm I have to look into that, because this is new stuff for me.
Now you mentioned this... I did saw the windows possibility in the VDJ8 teasers before VDJ 8 was released.

Time to read a manual :(

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 9:43 am
I searched the manual and the forum, but somehow I can't find any explanation about the window element..
I do find a few bug reports topics, but what do I have to do to tryout the window element in my current skin?

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 1:25 pm
Yeah, there's not much info on it. Hopefully djtouchdan or one of the other staff will get to finishing the skin SDK before VDJ 9! :-)

If you go here -> http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html scroll right to the end and you'll find a little bit of info.

However, it'd probably be more educational to have a look at the XML for djdad's "skin builder" skin here which uses windows extensively.

It's also worth checking out some of the old multi screen skins too, that simply used a wider graphics file (e.g. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8940/Multi_Touchscreen.html)

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 2:12 pm
@groovindj: thank you very much for this info!

Inviato Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 2:50 pm
85%