Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ SlideShow on VDJ8 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I cannot get the plugin to work: it's visible on the deck output, but never on the master. What am i doing wrong?

Inviato Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 5:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not designed for v8 tbh. I was going to do a new one, but it would be better to improve the inbuilt slideshow, so if something is missing let me know.

Inviato Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 7:05 pm
Well, I don't think there are many deejays that have a touch screen with "fixed buttons" for things that in the default VDJ interface are done with several clicks, going to popup menus and selecting options, etc. so I don't think there's anything that should be changed or added to the native SlideShow...

I was merely trying to achieve what I could do before with VDJ7, namely having a button that starts a plugin that shows a nonstop slideshow of images from a fixed folder, and having another button that starts another plugin that plays nonstop short video clips from a certain folder... Since the native VDJ8 plugins cannot be copied and renamed, I was trying out having two different SlideShow plugins, one for the images, and another for the clips, silly me :)

Inviato Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 7:31 pm
Is there a way to play the contents of a folder of images or videos nonstop?

The obvious solution would be to use the sampler, creating a sampler bank from each folder... but that would mean the contents need to be fixed (xml specification of the files in each bank). I need a plugin (that I can activate with one button) that dynamically plays the contents of a folder, no matter which or how many files are inside, so that the contents can change.

I'l explain: this is for a potential client that wishes photos or videos displayed during the show. I need to be able to just copy the files in a certain folder and hit a button. Which leads me to my question:

Is there a way to play the (always changing) contents of a folder of images or videos nonstop?

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 10:30 am
TellyMedia or TellyVisuals........both in the ver8 download section.

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 12:37 pm
Thank you BeatBreaker. I see that I wasn't being clear enough.
;)

Let me refrase:

Is there a VDJ8 native (=without using 3rd party plugins that require interaction with popup menus, etc, making it impossible to activate with the correct files and configuration loaded with just the touch of a button on my touch screen) way to play the (always changing) contents of a folder of images or videos nonstop?

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 1:09 pm
If the inbuilt slideshow doesn't update in real time then I could look at adding it.

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 1:17 pm
Thank you Scott. That brings me right back to my initial problem: I need two INDEPENDENT plugins (with fixed source folders), one for a image slideshow, another for a video slideshow, that i can activate each with the touch of its button (WITHOUT having to further configure them, select anything or have any kind of interface or popup menu).

I could use the native slideshow for the images folder, for example. But what would i use for the videos folder? i cannot use the native slideshow again, because I cannot specify another source folder with a VDJScript command or in the ini file!

I hope I am being clear and also that I'm not pissing anyone off...

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 1:45 pm
The functionality to do that has been added for a future build, but at the moment, yes, you'd have to use two different plugins.

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 3:07 pm
I'll stick with SlideShow for both buttons then, and I'll alter the skin as soon as the source folder specification is possible.
Thank you.

Inviato Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 3:58 pm
Corny, not sure what you are saying above about popup buttons making something impossible ... TellyMedia's carousel feature plays video and images and you can make copies of the TellyMedia dll. You can have up to 5 folders for easy selection. You can pause, play, goto next or previous video or image, have different scale options and can be resized to display anywhere on the VDJ video screen. Supports transparency for videos that contain it. It automatically picks up new files on the fly and you can send real time camera images to it. It automatically rotates images or videos that have been rotated by cameras and such. All of it is controllable by VDJ script.

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 8:45 am
Hi Don. Thank you for trying to help me out. You told me in your email that "...most everything can be controled via script in TM but not the loading of files. I am not sure VDJ is flexible enough for that..." , so here I am looking for a way to make two simple buttons for two independent slideshows, one for video clips and another for image files, that automatically (specified in VDJScript) load and play files from a certain folder... Did I misunderstand you?

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 9:23 am
Yes long thought they should have that but you can goto the next or previous folder with VDJ script in carousel. Since you can have up to 5 folders, you could have one for video and one for images and thru script bounce between the 2. Or have named variations.

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 10:16 am
Sorry, but I think now you misunderstood: I need a "fixed, direct source folder access" button, not something that scrolls through folders.
Thanks for trying, anyhow.
:)

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 10:23 am
I get you but just trying to tell you what you can do and not what is not available.

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 10:27 am
Deejay Corny wrote :
You told me in your email that "...most everything can be controled via script in TM but not the loading of files. I am not sure VDJ is flexible enough for that..."

The answer to that question is that yes, VDJ is flexible enough for that.

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 2:06 pm
What is the syntax for it?

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 2:41 pm
You can use effect_command to send a string to a declared VDJPARAM_COMMAND.

Inviato Thu 28 Jan 16 @ 4:01 pm
djscatesPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I have VDJ8 and when I choose a folder for my slideshow, the pics show extremely zoomed in on all screens and monitors. Is there a size limit they have to be? I've tried just about every size and still only get a zoomed in picture.

Inviato Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 12:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Check options for letterBoxing. It may be set to crop now, but you might prefer bars.

Inviato Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 8:11 am
67%