Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dennon DJ MCX8000 x Virtual DJ - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

This Controller has a lot more "Bells & Whistles" than previous controllers have had! We know how hard you guys are working on mapping it all out, and we appreciate all of your efforts. I promise!!! (Just take your time and hurry up)!!!!!

Inviato Mon 11 Apr 16 @ 7:47 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
No one wants this to work more than I do! I can assure you that we are getting closer!

Inviato Tue 12 Apr 16 @ 2:16 am
Outside of chedcking manually on the site. How will we know when it's released? I can't wait to toss Serato in the Garbage or in my case, the recycle bin.

Inviato Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 9:00 pm
I'm really trying not to install Serato, but I have had a controller sitting there for over 2 weeks. Any updates would be appreciated

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 6:45 pm
I wonder why the hardware makers make their stuff work with Serato out of the box and not VDJ. I've installed Serato, checked it and now I know what I'll be removing from my drive soon. Why manufacturers are imposing such a crap on us?

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 16 @ 6:41 pm
VDJ is not cool any more. Serato & Rekordbox seem to be the way forward.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 16 @ 9:09 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
VDJ is not cool any more. Serato & Rekordbox seem to be the way forward.

Virtual DJ is far more sophisticated than the other software mentioned above. I must agree that the way forward involves DJ'ing without laptops.
Unfortunately, That is going to be bad for Atomix unless they can come up with an operating system of their own like Rekordbox or Engine.
Soon someone is going to drop a controller with an HDMI port that plays video's and the it will be all over for VDJ.

DJ James

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 16 @ 10:53 pm
I agree it's more sophisticated, but unless you're a guru in skinning and mapping (like the staff) it's above the heads of 99.99% of users.

The mappers for VDJ need to be out at the time of the controller and not months afterwards (like using excused they're waiting for demo units) and that's the issue.

But the Atomix staff are aloof and not in touch with the users. As long as that is the case nothing will change.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 16 @ 11:11 pm
I also have the MCX800 waiting for VDJ.
I’ve been using VDJ, Scratch Live, Itch and Serato DJ. By far VDJ8 is the best thing I’ve encountered.
The guys at Atomix do a great job, each and every time I had any issue, they always respond effectively, try getting that from Pioneer. I wouldn’t blame Atomix for some branding bull… I am sure that if Serato is putting their name on the controller, they wouldn’t want for Denon to be providing any unit nor support to Atomix, at least for now being while the product is being launched as a Serato controller. That means the guys at Atomix have to get a hold of a unit and work their way to get it mapped in order to help us. It is all branding stupidity like Mac and Windows. I use both with VDJ and don’t notice any difference and never had a problem.
I really felt like commenting on this because I don’t think we should be trashing Atomix for this. They are constantly doing a great job.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 1:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
The mappers for VDJ need to be out at the time of the controller and not months afterwards (like using excused they're waiting for demo units) and that's the issue.

But the Atomix staff are aloof and not in touch with the users. As long as that is the case nothing will change.

If we don't have the physical hardware, the manufacturers are unable to provide it to us ahead of release and they are unable to provide us with complete information either, then exactly how would you suggest we map them so they are available on release to the public?

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 1:32 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :
If we don't have the physical hardware, the manufacturers are unable to provide it to us ahead of release and they are unable to provide us with complete information either

I wonder why that is, don't you?

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 2:40 pm
Unable to provide or unwilling to provide?

For a software that has supposedly millions of active users it seems the relationship between hardware manufacturers and Atomix isn't ideal at all.

I remember buying my MC6000 in December 2010 and it was supported out of the box and worked a treat. It all seems to have gone majorly downhill since then with controllers taking months to be supported if at all.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 4:41 pm
I remember the delay in getting units to map and info, its not a new problem.

It just seems like more of these units are aimed at Serato Dj users right out of the box where they used to be VDJ ready and I find that odd especially with the popularity of VDJ and controllers.
It also seems that Serato has copied VDJ's every move, from scoffing at controllerism to embracing it, imo that is the almighty dollar dictating or influencing the marketing trends.

I just have to wonder when the Dj MCX8000 II is gonna get released, cause that has always been the trend and stone crusher then minute the defects appear ie: VMS-2, NS7-2, MC 6000 II and so on.
And THAT is why I settled into Pioineer CDJ's to end the madness, I've lost count of the number of controllers Ive used but have boxes of them I can't even GIVE away mostly because of that magic number 2...

NAMM... making that gear you bought last week totally useless the day after the show, lol.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 6:52 pm
Maybe :|

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 7:14 pm
I don't understand why Atomix can't simply BUY an MCX8000 in order to get the job done.

The cost works out at under five copies of VDJ Pro. Surely Atomix sells more than five copies per day. An MCX8000 could come out of the petty cash.

How many extra copies of VDJ will be sold once the MCX8000 is mapped? More than five I would imagine.

Even ignoring the sales aspect, it's still a useful investment as it can be used at trade shows for example.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 7:35 pm
Like Rick said this has always been a thing with VDJ, if it doesn't say for use with VDJ when you bought especially being the first batch out, you kinda asked for this........

So sit back shut up and chill, it'll be posted on twitter and fakebook when its ready.......

Peace, love and chicken grease.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 7:42 pm
Calm down folks...

First off, I have been donating a great deal of my own time (early mornings, super late nights, etc.) to the Atomix team to get this controller supported. As I have stated, I do NOT work for Atomix (some of you think I do), and this is more volunteering since I really love VDJ and really love this controller and want to get it supported.

Remember that this controller was released in the US and Canada first, then the rest of the world. No one seemed to ask where the Atomix Hardware Integration Lab is... It's not in the US, meaning that even if they wanted to buy a controller, they could not simply due to InMusic's supply chain.

I'm not getting into politics, plus I am bound to what I am publicly allowed to say, however I can assure you that development on the mapper is in progress. I know first hand.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 8:10 pm
Praised be Thy work kind Sir.

I can't wait when You'll post an info saying that it is deone.

Hell. In fact I can't wait when You'll post an info saying You are close to completion.

I'll probably get wasted celebrating the day. ;)

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 9:20 pm
You just shouldn't have to "crack" a controller to have it supported, and you shouldn't have to "buy" one either, this is total nonsense in a 16 loop I swear.

Inviato Mon 18 Apr 16 @ 10:23 pm
Do I feel that the manufacturers should give loaner units or sample hardware to the software companies? Yes, I do. (And sometimes they do... And sometimes, they give me sample or prototype controllers too!)

However, it's not every time, every controller, or a guarantee.

We have to do the best with what we are given. (I have contacts at Denon and asked them personally to provide me the MIDI information for the MCX8000, and was told no... So I figured a bunch of it out myself and provided it to the fine folks at Atomix.)

Please relax... We will have something to share soon! (If you haven't joined the beta program, perhaps you should!!)

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 5:18 am
20%