Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dennon DJ MCX8000 x Virtual DJ - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

OK, so once again .....

VDJ has millions of active users. This has to be a major advantage for manufacturers as it helps them sell their units. Having your controller supported by VDJ on it's release must be an advantage to both companies.

So where is the problem in the relationship between VDJ and the manufacturers?

Pioneer are trying to push their own software solution so I can sort of see where that is going .... but the others?

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 5:26 am
Perhaps Denon is trying to push it's Engine software.

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 6:59 am
But these "manufacturer supplied" software packages like Rekordbox and Engine are pretty useless compared to VDJ. They are not a solution in my opinion and just water down the capabilities of the controller.

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:03 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I think it works both ways... Some companies are 'freer' with sending out review gear, some aren't. I'm not too familiar with the Atomix relationship with gear vendors, unfortunately.

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 1:28 pm
dcomo wrote :
Do I feel that the manufacturers should give loaner units or sample hardware to the software companies? Yes, I do. (And sometimes they do... And sometimes, they give me sample or prototype controllers too!)

However, it's not every time, every controller, or a guarantee.

We have to do the best with what we are given. (I have contacts at Denon and asked them personally to provide me the MIDI information for the MCX8000, and was told no... So I figured a bunch of it out myself and provided it to the fine folks at Atomix.)

Please relax... We will have something to share soon! (If you haven't joined the beta program, perhaps you should!!)

How can I join the beta program? I've been using Virtual for over 12 Years and would love to test out anything new.

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 3:32 pm
clubtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Fair enough Mr. Phantom Deejay..... Good info. How do you suggest that Atomix and manufacturers can streamline the process of getting a new controller working as soon as possible?

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 4:10 pm
So just like anything, Serato PAYS to have their name on any product. It's advertising. Doesn't mean that it's the best, but it makes them the "industry leader". I've used both VDJ and Serato. VDJ has it's pros. Like being able to use the internet to get music during a performance without shutting the software down. Serato hasn't figured this one out yet. Serato is the Basic form of software, but the complicated form trying to optimize your computer for their stuff. For all the extra's you get with VDJ, like the internet use, the pre listen, the small advantages for seeing the play count, the way you can customize your crate variables, not just a few options, the video included, the option to connect a beat pad and have it read and mapped immediately and sync to the pitch, the option to map extra buttons or controls, and the search in VDJ is steps above Serato. Not to mention that VDJ can analyse a song IMMEDIATELY without having to unplug the controller. You have to switch crates to get a search to come up on the screen, in VDJ, it's all on the screen. Crate search first then the rest of the drive below. Serato is decades behind in all these options. It's going to be worth the wait. The only thing that Sets Serato apart is their "extra" features like Flip and Pitch in time. I'm sure VDJ will find a way to use this.

Serato is for those, like said above, that have their music already set and a playlist perfected. But good luck with an improvisation. That's where the work comes in with serato and the worries. Load a song that isn't already analyzed, and you could have a dead set. Denon Engine, I have helped them with a few things and have spent about 200 hours working on it and they have a new release in the works as of right now. So that will be improved. I DJ 4 - 6 nights a week and everything gets A LOT of use and VDJ has been the most reliable as of now.

But do you really want a "hurried" project? Something that isn't perfect? I don't, because I'm not paying them for that. Yea, I want it to be released like yesterday. If it takes a bit longer to ensure that I get what I pay for, then so be it. I'll use Serato until VDJ has a release for the controller then it's DELETE DELETE DELETE!

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:12 pm
I couldn't even use Serato for a gig with my SX2. It was like going back to DOS.

As you say, for those "house" DJs that play the same set all the time between 126-130bpm it's perfect. For others it is hard work.

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:14 pm
Let it be known there is a great sense of community around VDJ and we all want to make the product better and better. I was NOT asked to help with the mapper for the 8000. I was one of the very first in the US to receive my controllers, and essentially 'begged' the Atomix folks to help with the mapping since I knew that they were not able to get the controller in their native country for a bit.

The Atomix folks are some of the best people that I have collaborated with.

Wait a second... We are arguing about this why? This turned from a kind assist to something pretty ugly.

Can we please lock this topic and regroup once the mapper is complete?

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:24 pm
I'm calling BS on that shet!! Both VDJ and Serato work the same way, both can pull tracks offline while playing, its no problem adding music while playing with Serato if you get your tracks from a good source.

Really the only thing VDJ has over Serato is the script which is VDJs trump card.

You can remap Serato controllers not as good as VDJ but they can be remapped.

And YES I use Serato and NO I don't have ANY let say it again I DONT HAVE ANY PLAYLISTS!! NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL and I don't struggle at all.........
Both software's crash, hell every software will crash at some point.

Debating about what's better is so 2002, let it go, use what works for you and keep it moving already.......why do I (forum idiot) have to be the voice of reason, lmmfao!!

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:35 pm
Are you guys kidding me? What part of this is so hard to comprehend?

Denon made a deal with this software for this controller, period. Whatever that deal is, you can bet there is a clause that we are not included, at least for a time period. What part of that is so hard to understand? This is a business decision, between these two companies. Get it? We are not their priority at the moment. They are trying to push their software, why should they help us now? What part of this, are you not getting? Maybe some of you are not used to the word "NO", and think you are owed a reason for everything in life. Wake up.

Denon, is a equipment maker, and they know who we are. The deal they made has a time limit. Do you think they are going to ignore us? C'mon, stop it. They know that they will make more money from us, so in time all info will be forth coming. That's the way it is, and has always been. Not one of you were crying when all controllers came with Virtual DJ, and the other software had none.

I don't know the reason why Virtual DJ and Companies are not working on a controller. It's none of my business, as the owner does not have to tell me what's going on behind closed doors. This is the deal I have with this company. I bought their software at a fair price (actually, it was very cheap), they have provided me with support, updates, upgrades and the ability to work with the controllers on the market. I got what I paid for and more. The best part is I MAKE MONEY.

For those of you that bought the controller early, and have it sitting in your room, that was your choice. You knew this from the beginning, and they never promised you a time line. It's time to accept the responsibility of buying a controller, that is not supported yet. They are working on it, and as stated, will not be released until they are satisfied that it is up to their standards.

These are the facts, not opinions. If you have different facts, I'm listening.

Inviato Tue 19 Apr 16 @ 7:55 pm
Why is the Denon mcx8000 not listed on the supported controllers page under "coming soon" if its "coming soon"?

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 5:57 am
Because "soon" is different for each person that reads it.
For you "soon" may be a week, but for me "soon" may be a month.
So eventually the "coming soon" section shows controllers that are on their final stages of preparation for public release. And even then sometimes "soon" can take longer than expected.

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 10:15 am
Greetings,
I am one who pre ordered it and was aware that this will happen. It happened to me when the DDJSX came out, I had to wait then started using Phantoms DJ mapping and then it came native in VDJ. So I am calmly waiting, I know we will get there. I have been done a couple of posts in this thread since the beginning of it and will like to know if somebody has already done a definition file and will like to share it so I can mess around with some mapping.
Thank you

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 3:32 pm
What if ..... Atomix refused to map and support controllers put out by companies that refused to work with them from the start? I am not a marketing person but it seems to me that these hardware manufacturers are playing games with us for their own exclusivity paychecks. They know Atomix will eventually map it so they use this lead time to promote other software makers. I could be wrong but I don't think millions of vdj users are going to jump over to serato just to use a new controller. Especially if Vdj came out with a statement on the release day of a new unit and made public that denon refused to work with them and as a result atomix will NEVER support that unit. This tactic could put an end to all this "tomfoolery".
Atomix has a great product with vdj8 and now is the time to throw their weight around and not be bullied.

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 16 @ 5:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
jamesvanek wrote :
What if ..... Atomix refused to map and support controllers put out by companies that refused to work with them from the start?

Well the odd thing is the early relationship with Numark (inmusic) was just that, but now Denon is also an InMusic brand yet is proprietary to Serato with this device.
Its like inMusic has had a change of heart which seems political at user's expense.

Inviato Thu 21 Apr 16 @ 10:55 am
There's also the issue that Atomix used to sell copies of LE to hardware manufacturers then get the "pro" upgrade fee once users realised how restricted the LE versions were.

Maybe it's now better for manufacturers to produce their own in-house software rather than buying from a 3rd party and then having the user pay even more to upgrade the software?

The game is changing, that's for sure.

Inviato Thu 21 Apr 16 @ 11:33 am
Nice walkthrough video from Phil.

https://youtu.be/JUPePRgCt7o

This is one you could easily take out on the road without a laptop for some gigs, certainly seems to be fully featured. Maybe the days of taking laptops out with you can be over with this?

Will be interesting to see if the inbuilt features with Engine mean there is no need for 3rd party software any more ........

Seems the VDJ website is broken and doesn't allow the embedding of Youtube links any more.

Inviato Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 11:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not broken
Still the same code , include the JUPePRgCt7o code between [ youtube ] [ / youtube ] tags (without spaces)

Inviato Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 12:59 pm
I bought two of these with the full intent to use them for mobile. Taking one of these and then putting it into an Ody case makes the controller too big and too heavy to carry to events. I wound up selling one of mine (I bought two) for the price that I paid for it, and the other is now sitting in my studio, replacing the two SC3900's which were in there.

Inviato Fri 22 Apr 16 @ 5:04 pm
29%