Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: We need HELP with Pioneer Controllers - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Sorry I guess that's why I was confused

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 11:01 pm
Its all good, thats kinda why AMAHM leveled the post.

Inviato Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 11:15 pm
wickedmix wrote :
start with 384 if the drop outs are gone and scratching is good leave it be ...

if the drop outs are not gone add 64 to 384 making its 448 if u still have drop outs add another 64 till its gone

its going to be a pain to test i suppose but should be worth it in the end.

Ok we got with pioneer today to make sure we have the right drivers again. We also talk to Apple tech department today to make sure that we are not having a USB issue. The DDJ SZ has it's own power and does not pull any from the USB port. apparently some of the controllers do. This can be found in settings under USB usage on Yosemite. We also change the latency in virtual DJ to 384 so far so good tested today for about 4 hours. we will keep you guys in the loop with our progress. We also updated to the latest build 8.2.3386

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 3:17 am
Great to hear, keep us posted. I have SZ and a mac and have had no issues in the two years i have been using it, so i hope you get it sorted out.

Inviato Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 9:40 pm
djernie2 wrote :
Great to hear, keep us posted. I have SZ and a mac and have had no issues in the two years i have been using it, so i hope you get it sorted out.

Can you give me your mac specs and what version of virtual DJ you are on
we are not having any drop out today so we will see. but i would like to compare

Inviato Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Latest Early Access Build 3390 (and later) logs some info when a sound-card is re-connected. So if you want to help on this issue, update to 3390, enable the CreateMidilog setting and provide us the generated LogReport.txt you will find in /VirtualDJ folder in case you experience any sound drop out .
Thank you

Inviato Thu 01 Sep 16 @ 6:42 pm
im DJing right now Latest Build n VDH and a Pioneer DDJ SX2. Make Yosemite with an i5 10gigs of ram ....audio dropped out waveforms jumped .. it was weird. Happened the last 2 times i DJed

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 12:24 am
we are using it tonight with the latency in virtual DJ to 384 Latest Early Access Build 3390 and the DDJ SZ on a mac. we tested all week with no problems. so cross your fingers here we go. we also moved all the serato crates files to virtual folders just in case this was a issue.

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 11:30 pm
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
im DJing right now Latest Build n VDH and a Pioneer DDJ SX2. Make Yosemite with an i5 10gigs of ram ....audio dropped out waveforms jumped .. it was weird. Happened the last 2 times i DJed

what is your latency set at?

Inviato Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 11:31 pm
tonys party time wrote :
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

what is your latency set at?

It was set to automatic. I just bumped it to 448. Got a gig tonight. We shall see. I also stopped early access

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 12:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pioneer indeed sets the Latency by default into a very low value, assuming that you are using a "monster" and well-optimized computer. Higher Latency values even close to 512 are safe and good enough to provide even decent scratching.

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 11:50 am
tonys party time wrote :
we are using it tonight with the latency in virtual DJ to 384 Latest Early Access Build 3390 and the DDJ SZ on a mac. we tested all week with no problems. so cross your fingers here we go. we also moved all the serato crates files to virtual folders just in case this was a issue.

ok no problems last night but we were not running video do to the venue not us so we will test tonight with all of it running with the addition of Jamm-Text software. we will let you know

Inviato Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 3:23 pm
And it dropped out again after the latency adjust. I don't get it

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 5:28 am
are you using serato crates? we ran a show Friday night with no video all was ok and Saturday Night with video all ok . Latency was set at 384.
the only other thing we did was moved all of the serato crates into virtual folders

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 6:25 am
djdad wrote :
Latest Early Access Build 3390 logs some info when a sound-card is re-connected. So if you want to help on this issue, update to 3390, enable the CreateMidilog setting and provide us the generated LogReport.txt you will find in /VirtualDJ folder in case you experience any sound drop out .
Thank you

also did you do what djdad asked you to do so we can see the log report

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 6:34 am
No I never seen that comment. I'll have to enable the log. No I don't use serato crates. How you index the music should no have any thing to do with the drop out.

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 8:39 am
But I can tell ya when u are in a club with 300 people and the audio drops out it is very very bad. Honestly I can not have this happening again. I'm along side with a Top40 radio station with parts of the set being aired. Serato seems like my saving grace at this point. We can not have anymore drop outs....at all

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 8:42 am
We are in the same situation so I know exactly what you mean We are just trying to find out if there was any difference in our setup and yours. why you're still getting dropouts and we are not. the one DJ that is using the DDJ-SZ had all crates and all though VDJ says you can use them the latency number and crates were the only thing different.

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 3:42 pm
What did you set the latency to? Did you change that through VDJ?

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 8:00 pm
He's already mentioned the latency figure he used in several earlier posts...

Inviato Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 8:15 pm
57%