Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: We need HELP with Pioneer Controllers - Page: 7

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm on a Mac with my DJing. I noticed in the activity monitor that my CPU usage was showing 265% when I'm running at peak on VDJ8. I'm using a Early 2011 Mac running Yosemite 2.3 GHz Core i5, 10gigs of Ram with my Pioneer DDJ SX2. 265% seem beyond high..infact a number I didn't know it could reach. Is this too much for this Mac to run Maybe? This mac is dedicated to DJing and nothing else.

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:32 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
backup your tunes and either update to the newest osx. or re install if possible?

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:03 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
yosemite is a bit old. new updates are free or really cheap. might help. if you device has firmware. update that. yea there is no 265%.

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:04 am
Ill take a screen shot and show you were it says 265% CPU I would update but everyone else in this forum has either El Capitan or The newest with the same issue in fact, The newest seems to be worse

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 7:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On mac activity monitor shows the cpu percentage per core, so 100% means it's using one core completely, 265% would be similar to using 2 and a half cores completely.
An i5 is probably a dual-core with hyperthreading, so in total 4 available threads, which means activity monitor could show up to 400% if the cpu was fully utilized.

Edit: To get a better idea of cpu usage within vdj and see if there are any problems, it's better to hover the mouse over the cpu usage bar within vdj and check the tool tip.
It will show the cpu and peak cpu usage of just the audio for example, which is a more meaningful figure to estimate problems.

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 11:00 am
So my question is, Im running Yosemite on my DJ mac. From the start I have an occasional audio drop out when using Serato. Move the VDJ, the issue was still there* Please leave that topic alone, it is known that this is an issue with Mac and Pioneer but no all have it* When El Capitan came out, I read a lot of people have issue with that as well. Now the latest is out and even from Pioneer states nothing has been tested yet for the latest OSX. My question is to anyone who may have fixed the issue, was in from an OSX update or a VDJ update? My VDJ is running now an early access which has made my SX2 act a little weird. Every update there seems to me something a little different in how to use my controller like the Slicer. Before it would light right up and show the steps through the 8 pads. Now, they are all red unless a tap one of them*which creates an audio glitch like effect* then it moves through the pads 8 steps but anyhow im getting off topic bad.. sorry. I bought a windows machine and its ready to go in case I cant get the drop outs to leave my mac

Inviato Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 7:42 am
I have the same problem, suddenly it stumbles virtual dj for a few seconds and leaves me without audio. This only happens with Mac, also I have a notebook windows and works perfect.

somebody found the solucion¿

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) os x capitan
procesador 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
Ssd 250

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 4:12 am
I'v almost to the point of giving up and either going windows with my pioneer or going Serato. The issue comes and goes which is weird. One weekened it will do it 4 gigs in a row then the next month nothing at all. I really do not get it even with my understanding of auio

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 6:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you check the Log Report.txt file to see if a disconnection is reported ? Make sure the createMidiLog setting is enabled and when a "disconnection" occurs, check the txt file you will see in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder to see if there is something logged there.

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 1:06 pm
djdad wrote :
Did you check the Log Report.txt file to see if a disconnection is reported ? Make sure the createMidiLog setting is enabled and when a "disconnection" occurs, check the txt file you will see in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder to see if there is something logged there.

I will make sure that is running and see what it shows

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 8:30 pm
*sigh* Just had a drop out tonight and the night just started. I have the log on, where do I send it? Im beyond annoyed with this ongoing issue

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 2:47 am
djdad wrote :

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 3:32 am
You also had this issue .. it went away? Do you run external? hows your set up and mac specs. Ill check that file

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 3:50 am

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 7:56 am
I stopped using Traktor for that reason and switched to VDJ. After about an hour (sometimes sooner) I'd get audio ticks and they would get closer together. Increasing the latency would solve it, but only a few minutes. Was the trick I used to at sound ok, then fire up my iPod, mix that in and restart the machine. I never had the issue with VDJ for some reason.

Traktor said it only occured on my PowerBook model (12.1). WIth the release of OS Sierra NI announced it solved an Audio issue that was taking so much of their resources they now can release new stuff...

Inviato Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 10:10 am
I have a 2011 15" MacBook Pro on Yosemite and it seems to work great with all DJ programs by the way. CPU usage is pretty low except when analyzing songs. I do most of my prep work on that.

I suspect the separate video card does a lot to keep the machine running smooth. Point is it's crammed with software I use for work asl well, so for gigs I have a dedicated 13" 2016 MacBook Pro with El Capitan, that only works good with VDJ, (Traktor ticks on that one), maybe I should swap them around :-)

Inviato Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 10:16 am
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello again VDJ people :)

I'm still having problems with this issue. Randomly, and at any time the sound can drop out. It always drops for approx 5 seconds (which seems like a lifetime!) When it drops out, the waveform shudders back and forth like when you pull a soundcard out. Although it always comes back, like nothing happened. It froze halfway into a mix yesterday, and when it came back it was still in sync (if this helps)
Six times last night, much cheering and frustration. Some days nothing!
How do I go about sending in the MIDI log file, there appears to be two of these?

Currently using the latest 8.2
All drivers on pc up to date
Windows 10, with most of the rubbish disabled and optimized as much as possible
Using with a Pioneer XDJ Aero
I have slowly raised the Latency to the maximum, (1920 sample / 43.5msec) over the last month. Although the system is so sluggish and unresponsive now its horrible to use.
I feel adjusting the latency has made no difference to this issue for me.
I can provide more info if required, Has anybody sorted this now, or are others having issues still?

Kind regards, Dave

Inviato Sun 27 Nov 16 @ 10:56 pm
A 5 seconds drop with waveform(s) stuttering means that the soundcard got disconnected and reconnected again.
That's not the case for most users with other issues here.
Your problem is most likely USB related. Check your USB cables, USB ports, USB power saving options e.t.c.
Finally try to use a powered USB hub between your computer and the controller. Especially if you are using a USB 3.0 port to connect your controller.

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 2:20 pm
chafferPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you for your reply
The Aero controller is powered by a mains adapter, so does not pull any current from the usb port on the computer as far as I know.
The Aero also has to have MIDI manually re-enabled/selected, if I pull the usb plug. It will not pick up again and continue playing without manual input (like it does after a sound drop).
So this should rule out a connection problem, I have tried several different leads also.

I have a choice of USB 2 or 3, I have not taken much notice of which one I use, perhaps I should try one or the other only, and see if the problem goes away.

The USB ports are set to not suspend/save power or sleep.

Another thing I wonder may cause an issue, I use Milkdrop alot, could this somehow interact when changing scenes, causing issues as this increases CPU usage.

All things for me to ponder!

Thanks again people, any more input appreciated.

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 10:22 pm
UPDATE

After being directed to this post earlier in the month i tried a few of the methods mentioned and holy mother touch wood it seems to have done the trick!
Before i continue here is my equipment i use

VDJ 8 (latest version)
Pioneer DDJ SX
Macbook Pro running OS X El Capitan (version 10.11)

I tried 2 of the suggested solutions, one to try an external powered usb hub. I went out and bought a D-Link 7 port USB 2.0 Hub or DUB-H7 as its known. Much better response all round. However i also reinstalled a fresh copy of Mac OS listed above just to be sure, now some people may not like this idea but i ran my VDJ last night for a total running time of 5 hours 8mins and not a single hitch. Just hoping my problems have been resolved for now!

Personal opinion i think the fresh copy of OS did the trick as i had no CPU spikes whilst using the finder where as before i did, my external harddrive is still plugged in the same way as before, only the mixer is going through the powered usb hub. Least it add extra space if i suddenly have a usb drive flashed in my face asking to play a track in an instant.

Inviato Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 1:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)