Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: We need HELP with Pioneer Controllers - Page: 6

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Please do not hijack this thread. These guys are trying to solve a very serious problem, and Jammtext has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 7:38 am
I'm happy to report that I have been out 3 times this weekend and not a drop out one. Fingers crossed we found the issue being super low latency with our pioneer controllers. I'd say after a month of no drop out to call it solved. I raised my latency and removed my external video drive from spot light search on Mac so only vdj is accessing it. I'm using a fan control that runs my mac fan at max speed along with a laptop cooler to aid in a nice cool system..been doing that and also ran through the system optimization to enjoy a smooth run. One thing I also did was drop my skin fps to 15.... I don't . I mix by ear with no sync button so I'm OK with a lower fps on my skin so as long as my video output for videos is smooth and the cpu is happy. Everything ran spot on tonight. ALL MY FINGERS CROSSED it keeps going perfect.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 8:09 am
BTW sorry for any typos. I did this on my phone sitting in my jeep lol

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 8:13 am
Ok this is what we found. If you are having sound drop outs and jittery wave lines while using a DDJ SZ or DDJ SX2 with VDJ 8.2

set the latency in virtual DJ to (start with 384 if the drop outs are gone and scratching is good leave it be ...
if the drop outs are not gone add 64 to 384 making its 448 if u still have drop outs add another 64 till its gone.)
We are at 384 with the DDJ SZ on a mac
Also update to Early Access Build 3390
We also moved all the serato crates files to virtual folders just in case this was a issue.
We are also running with the Jamm-Text software.
We have now run 2 week ends with no drops. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HELPED WITH THIS ISSUE. WE CAN STILL SAY VIRTUAL DJ IS THE BEST DJ SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 2:49 am
Yup i think we have nailed it. I am not on an ealy access vesion but on the latest public release. The build has nothing to do with issue i believe. Instead I think pioneer controllers request for super low latency on a mac is the Root problem. So if anyone has a pioneer controler, up your latency and so far that seems to work. But I have to wait about a month. Ive gone a month with no issue in he past and then it would start again but Im confident this is it.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 4:20 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Nice too hear that you nailed it Andrew !

I don want too hijack this thread, but I must ask.
How well does it integrate with VDj when playing Videos ?
Perhaps you could make a video and show, please..
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
freppa wrote :
Jamm-Text software
Is this just for Mac users, cant find anything on their site ?

JammText runs on both Mac OSX and Windows. Choose the platform you want. Use the DJ software you want, or no DJ software at all. JammText will integrate seamlessly into YOUR existing setup.

Minimum Requirements: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 or Mac OSX Mavericks / Yosemite / El Capitan; Internet connection; Connection to second display for output

Recommended Hardware: Intel i5/i7, 8GB RAM, 5GB free disk space, and Intel HD 4000 or better GPU

https://www.mixcityinc.com/jammtext/details.html

New Thread: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/212459/Music_Video_Discussion/JammText__.html

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 4:03 pm

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 5:37 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Thanks Tony, I have watched their site.
But still dont see if the program is layering the screen over Vdj or how is this working

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 6:41 pm
Freppa, you have a Jamm-Text thread open, please continue this conversation there, thank you.

Inviato Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 7:34 pm
Another weekend goes by 4 days in a row and not a single drop out

Inviato Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 8:03 pm
Well.... its back. Drop outs and I have my latency near 1000 really high.. Im lost I have no idea what else to do other than abandon the software :(

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 6:17 am
It's dropped out the past 3 gigs

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 9:19 am
I mean could it be the operating system? I'm still on Yosemite

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 9:25 am
Andrew have you tried this?

djdad wrote :
djdad wrote :
Latest Early Access Build 3390 (and later) logs some info when a sound-card is re-connected. So if you want to help on this issue, update to 3390 (or later), enable the CreateMidilog setting and provide us the generated LogReport.txt you will find in /VirtualDJ folder in case you experience any sound drop out .
Thank you

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 12:17 pm
Is that a current early release? If this woukd help I think it would have been found by now by someone in this thread as there are several issues with this

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 6:36 pm
3409 is current release should have that ability.

3420 is current early release

Inviato Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 7:30 pm
Im so baffled as to why this is a large issue for Pioneer and Mac users. I picked up a brand new Windows Machine to get away from this but if this can be resolved Id rather stick to my mac. I Im wondering if the USB is doing something on a mac that we havent found yet. All I know is Im desperate to get rid of this issue. My main gigs are in clubs with 400+ people and one of them with a radio station along side that broadcasts the mix in parts live as a promo. I just Can NOT have this doing this at all. I will try the early build and see if it gets a report

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 7:35 am
My friend is running exactly the same thing but he uses Windows in his Mac in boot camp and never has an issue. I'm so courious what it is

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 8:44 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I believe I have answered already on a similar thread.

1) Try to use a powered USB hub between your MAC and DDJ-SZ.
2) Try a new high quality built USB cable
3) Try to adjust the ASIO settings to any value between 2ms and 8ms
4) Monitor your MAC's temperature

I understand that this is frustrating, but I used DDJ-SZ until July 31 every weekend for the past 2 years without any issue under Win7, Win 8.1 and Win 10. Since August 1st I'm using DDJ-RZ but I still test SZ every time a new build gets out. Both on MAC and PC. Also SZ is a quite popular unit and there are a lot of users that use it with VirtualDj. I'm sure that if this behavior was an issue caused by a VirtualDj update the forums would have flooded with messages similar to yours.

Therefore, your issue seems specific to you. It has to be something specific on your system or your workflow. Without us knowing what's causing it, we cannot help any further unless you help us troubleshoot it.

So: Please try the 4 points I mentioned above and let us know your findings. Try to provide as much info as possible when you report back. Answers like "I tried all of the above and nothing happened" does not really help us. Even if "nothing happened" by your point of view, describing what you did and what the results was may help us to reach other conclusions. You may say something that may lead us to the right direction, as it's impossible to type here a 200 points troubleshoot guide. :)

PS: The blue leds on SZ jogs blink on the last 30 seconds of a song.
30-20 secs: Blink every second
20-10 secs: Blink every half second
10-00 secs: Blink every quarter of the second.
Also they stay off when a deck is unloaded.
That's by design!

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:04 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
I'm happy to report that I have been out 3 times this weekend and not a drop out one. Fingers crossed we found the issue being super low latency with our pioneer controllers. I'd say after a month of no drop out to call it solved. I raised my latency and removed my external video drive from spot light search on Mac so only vdj is accessing it. I'm using a fan control that runs my mac fan at max speed along with a laptop cooler to aid in a nice cool system..been doing that and also ran through the system optimization to enjoy a smooth run. One thing I also did was drop my skin fps to 15.... I don't . I mix by ear with no sync button so I'm OK with a lower fps on my skin so as long as my video output for videos is smooth and the cpu is happy. Everything ran spot on tonight. ALL MY FINGERS CROSSED it keeps going perfect.

turn windows power scheme to maximum.

use driver booster (free) to install all the latest drivers. and if you laptop has 2 video cards, pick the most powerful once. go to blackviper.com and read about services. turn off what you dont need. run malwarebytes. then install ccleaner and clean the registry. and uninstall the metro apps.

Inviato Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 9:06 am
86%