Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Intel i5 vs i7 - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
... and really stop acting like you know anything.

Don..I'm all that's important. I'm part of that which could be called the working DJ's.. those who go out and do the business at a high standard (and don't tell me that I don't because I do). What I need is a working laptop / software..and that's what I have, so don't you presume to tell me what I need. Your arrogance is unbelievable.

If you can help Atomix make VDJ8.2 work even better..well get on with it, and don't tell me how many times the skin is redrawn. I'm interested in the end result.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 5:30 pm
Adion, I just don't know any programmer that would be so wasteful like that... I think Serato is worse for sure but to me that is crap... So your comparing yourself to crap to make a statement.. rather than cutting to the chase. It is clear that optimization can be a lot more difficult but it is worth doing. Some do not do it and it is very telling to those that know... You could say it was not broken but definitely it reduces the effectiveness... timing off, ramped up CPU etc... Sorry but in my eyes only something a newbie would do. It also does not show itself on faster computers with a decent GPU as well. It does show itself though with timing issues etc... It is much better though with a kick butt GPU.

Over the years though, the faster computers become the more wasteful software becomes... It used to bother me more... I still do software to earn a living and have to work with a variety of programmers at times. It can be so laughable how little some of them actually understand... This is just some mind you... Then there are many that are still counting cycles to get the most out of things... Game programmers, people doing color conversions, video decoding, etc....

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 5:41 pm
bigron1 wrote :
If you can help Atomix make VDJ8.2 work even better..well get on with it, and don't tell me how many times the skin is redrawn. I'm interested in the end result.

Been trying since week one of VDJ8... mentioned the absurd skin drawing then... Not here to bad mouth because I want VDJ8 to be good and successful... Just many obvious problems are just thrown back at you with some pitiful excuse. I had mentioned many things trying to be nice most of the time because that is the way I am... Maybe new tactics are needed... maybe it will sink in when you keep throwing it back at them... god only knows lol.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 5:45 pm
Don, your another one I don't want to attack..I'm thankful for your excellent software contributions.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 5:53 pm
When I first started to post here Ron, I had started out being very wordy and I had said it was not about an attach on anyone... I am not real good at smoothing things over and it just takes too many words. In person I am very easy going and I don't back down but always with a smile... hard to relate that here in text... When a group of programmers get together, it can sound like they might be ready to kill each other to an outsider but they all know it is only about getting things right and when done go laugh and have a beer.. no big deal

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 6:03 pm
So as to force hardware upgrades I suspect bloated software is often the design objective.

The amount of software bloat put in a new computer is ridiculous.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 6:08 pm
Early on I used to just buy all the parts and put the computer together myself. It was not to save money but I wanted it be just right and know what I had. I have not done that in many years... I had a year though when I had 3 computers go out... I guess my time was up or something with everything being flawless... I don't have much money. The last computer to go out was an early i7 820 which I was very happy with. I got a certified refurbished complete computer i7 2600 for $350 but it just had on board graphics. I used the slow GPU out of old computer. That GPU I purchased quickly when good GPU actually melted in computer. Here in small town not much to choose from and had to have something quick in order to work. I don't throw computers away and either use the parts or make them do something else. Recently as mentioned I decided to give myself a gift and bought NVIDIA 1060 GPU for $250. Tried to put that into i7 2600 and saw the power supply was not adequate for the GPU. The i7 820 did have the right power supply so moved that to i7 2600 and everything was wonderful.

I don't know what it cost to build a computer from scratch these days but can't be too much. You don't get bloat ware either. You pay such a premium for laptops and get less that almost seems not worth it except for convenience.

By the way I do have some old laptops here.. One I scavenged parts from it and threw the rest away. One sits on my desk and it just sits idle most of the time but every now and then bring it back into use briefly. They are just not very upgrade-able so the end of life usefulness of them is not as good as it is with a tower computer even for parts.

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 6:48 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Don, your another one I don't want to attack..I'm thankful for your excellent software contributions.

Why do you feel the need to attack anyone? Do what you do, it's great that you like to fiddle with old crap and make it work. Share your findings without tearing others down.
In my experience those that try so hard to conform others to their way of thinking is because they, themselves, are not sure of these opinions and want validation from peers.
While this is natural, your way is abrasive and very off putting. You should read more and type less.

To be on topic.
i5 or i7; they both work well for me, with Win7, Win8 and Win10. Of course I can do more with my Surface Note running Win10 than my old Dell Studio series running Win7.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 1:48 pm
Ron your a complete jackass

Ron..and really stop acting like you know anything.

So I'm supposed to put up with comments like the above?

In this thread we're short of real working mobile DJ's. You're not a proper DJ, nor is Don, and Beatbreaker (not full time) is a club type plus newbie mobile. Adion is a CTO. What we have is a collection of amateurs telling me how I should go about my business.

Look I'd have to be an idiot to spend @£1000 on an Asus Rog which I'd be terrified of being stolen, having drinks spilt on it or getting lost. As for performance it would do little better than a well optimized lesser laptop, and my Asus k55a does not even need optimizing, although I do turn off Win 10 updates in the services.

I'm not really interested in the people who have commented in this thread..my posts are mainly for the struggling mobile DJ's all over our world.

Note: This is a stupid comment "like to fiddle with old crap". If it reliably works then it cannot be crap.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 3:07 pm
What is it with you people..do you like winding me up?
Or is it that I might lower the sales of expensive over the top laptops?

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 3:15 pm
"amateur" , lmao!!

Come on Ron you know I'm not an amateur. Just because you think I don't do mobile work doesn't mean I'm an amateur.

I have a show coming up at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas, I've had 2 of my videos on national television and one went viral!! It got over 28 million views in a weeks time! I work with multiple HIPHOP acts, we bring worldwide touring djs! I sir am no amateur in this business......

I bust my ass day in and day out! I work 3 damn jobs and deejaying is one of them!

My shows are nothing like yours and until you use a more powerful machine you'll never be able to compete, lol!

I get it, you don't wanna spend a lot of money and you've gotten by this long with out having. But until you do spend the money, your always gonna be at that bottom rung......

Oh and I've never paid a 1000 dollars for any laptop I've ever owned!!

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 3:24 pm
You have only just started doing mobile work and you're not full time according to the posts that you have made.
You're most definitely a newbie mobile DJ.

You don't get it Beatbreaker..a good DJ is not defined by the equipment he uses, he is the quality. He can perform under most circumstances..even on battered old equipment.

The word amateur fits.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 3:34 pm
Ron, just give up while you're still ahead. Yet again you have hijacked another thread and twisted it round to be all about you.

You seem to have some twisted mindset and use every opportunity to broadcast it whenever you can.

It's just a shame this forum doesn't have an ignore user feature because it would be pretty handy for you.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 4:02 pm
It's me who is being provoked..and I'd have to say it seems to be on purpose.

I'm just replying to attacks on myself.

Stop the attacks and I won't reply.
Simple.

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 4:05 pm
OK Ron sorry for the jack ass comment. Let's try different take.

Because I have bought high powered machines I have had to spend less time troubleshooting and more time practicing my craft and because of the practice I have been given many opportunities which have helped in making me successful.

Does that make sense?

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 17 @ 4:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)