Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Corrupted Database

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

Is there any way to repair a corrupt database please, I know it fixes it automatically but i loose all tjhe play counts and it re adds existing tracks (that where in the database before)

Inviato Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 7:05 pm
The only way is to backup the database everytime you change it.

Inviato Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 10:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As far as I know, IF the database is corrupted and VDJ tries to repair it a backup of the existing database is automatically generated by VDJ.
You should find it somewhere in your VirtualDJ folder.

Inviato Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 8:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Vdj automatically recovers the valid non corrupt data when repairing.
Of course when it says the database is corrupt it is because it is corrupt and at least some information is lost.
If you get it regularly you should better find the reason why it gets corrected.
If it's an external drive make sure to eject it in windows before disconnecting the USB.

Inviato Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 9:27 am
This is the very reason I've asked for a backup system built in like accounts programs have.

The program would offer a backup on shutdown (important stuff like database & settings, etc.).
Also, keep 3 backups and give the option to delete the oldest backup.
....and obviously a restore from backup facility.

Posted last year here in Wishes and New Features

Inviato Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:18 am
Been posted a long time before that Les.

With large hard drives these days there's no reason for VDJ not to create an automatic backup of critical files on each shut down.

I do it weekly and also keep previous executables should they be required.

Sadly none of my colleagues do this so when something goes wrong they lose pretty much everything and have to rebuild the DB and settings from scratch.

Inviato Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:34 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The main thing I would question about such an automatic backup is if it has any use if it's stored on the same disk

Inviato Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:28 am
I wouldn't say 'automatic', but, offer the option to backup at the close of the program with a destination that can be chosen by the user.

I have this with Quickbooks for Windows which I've used for my self-employment accounts for over 15 years.

Inviato Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 12:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)